Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Background
| | |-+  Fluff in English
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Fluff in English  (Lu 7949 fois)
Just a Pilgrim
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Février 27, 2008, 20:06:16 »

Hi
Although this is my first post, I`ve been lurking here for a looong time  now Clin d'oeil and let me say that Hell Dorado is hands down my absolute favourite tabletop game since the good old Warzone. So, to reanimate the thread, could somebody provide some new fluff in English? Or perhaps a translation of officialy released stuff (pieces of fiction etc. - I`ve read most of it through the miracle of "free online translation" but it`s far from perfect).
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Février 27, 2008, 21:35:39 »

I'm just talking for myself, but if the occasional translation of orders/spells is pretty easy and relatively fast (you don't need to elaborate the text to make it nice and smooth), translating fluff is long and tedious. Knowing that an English book is under way and that some of that fluff might have already been translated isn't really an incentive to spend long hours on translating fluff.
Besides, if the English version is as nicely written as the French one (which I expect), translating fluff from the book would just be a bad spoiler Sourire

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Just a Pilgrim
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Février 27, 2008, 22:15:22 »

Well, I don`t mind a spolier or two Sourire Could you at least tell me something about background of Götz von Berlichingen? There`s a text about him on the official site, but since it`s in .pdf I can`t have it translated online. Technically, it wouldn`t be even a spoiler, would it ? I mean, since it`s already posted ...  Sourire
TGN-Grant
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Mars 07, 2008, 12:20:15 »

Götz von Berlichingen

It might be worth reading his wikipedia page too, he's a real historical character  Clin d'oeil
Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Avril 16, 2008, 17:13:30 »

I too don't care about spoilers, I just want Fluff to read!
« Dernière édition: Mai 03, 2008, 06:10:10 par Doctor-Warlock » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper . . .
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Avril 16, 2008, 22:55:57 »

Darth Swen and Chrysalis have translated quite a few text in this very section of the forum.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Just a Pilgrim
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Mai 31, 2008, 15:46:30 »

Does anyone know any fluff about Georg von Holbein (beside what`s written on the mainpage regarding his model) ? What happened to him  during his venture Below ? What`s the deal with his armour ? And - most of all - why does he have red eyes ?
Just a Pilgrim
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juin 04, 2008, 18:46:52 »

Hey, many thanks YoshiRyu ! Now I definately like Gotz  Clin d'oeil
YoshiRyu
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

vive les Anges, Démons et autres damnés

« Répondre #8 le: Décembre 29, 2008, 21:13:55 »

We're all damned!
The hell's discovery is an exhausting experience for each of us. Suddenly, the humane is facing the divine. This shattering spiritual's inflow in the real world mess up each of our believes, each of our considerations. If boors and louts just see in the hell a way to become rich, more curious and introspective minds wonder about the fact that humanity has gained the right to enter in the place where the sinners were sentenced to the worst punishments until the end of ages.

We're living in a period valuing undertaking and mercantilism, the humans are faded behind the new business's laws and so the gate's openning is one of the greatest gift which could be given to the humanity. After the discovery of the New World, that's a New Universe which is offered to the human's greed. The hell is nothing else than wealth of new metals, of shining gems, of strange lumbers, of exotic plants, of unbelievable powerfull waters. Less than one year after the gate's openning, the hell was already became the main trading road which connect in few hours Magdebourg, Séville and La Rochelle. The hell has openned us its gates only for two years and humanity has already built up in a city competing with many of the european main ones. Roads, strongholds, churches are erected each day up to a free and limitless-exploitable workforce, the hell's damneds.

But if the tradesman exults, the man should wonders and starts crying about his fate. We've became the hell's hangmen, we're the new torturers, the slave drivers of our own dead ancestors. Did the hell openned to us or have we all been sentenced to the hell to expiate our sins? Some renowned damned's case can give us an answer's part.

The humanity's meeting with Gilles de Rais was for many ones a kind of reassurance, the hell has actually welcomed the perverted souls, the sodomites and the murderers. Of course, he has liberated himself in to become one of this place's master and no longer a simple slave, but what else we could expect from such a man. The darkness of Gilles de Rais reassure, the hell certainly carry out its job...

Then has became Götz von Berlichingen. This renowned representative member of the knighthood became famous in the noblest way at the beginning of the Reform. Educated at the margrave Frédéric de Brandebourg's court, he worked for Charles Quint with honor and devotion. All along his life, Götz was a sincere believer and a respectable soldier. Nobleness's member, he didn't hesitate to defend the Souabe's rebel paysant's most reasonable requests. Admirer of liberty and order, he attempted all along his life to conciliate these two ideals with the greatest humanism he could had. How believe in the humanity's salvation when meeting such a man on the hell's road? If this one is in, how can we hope for something else? Is there any paradise?

Götz von Berlichingen has kept the charisma that the past century's chroniclers accorded to him. Our first meeting happened when i was ready to leave the New Jerusalem with an exploration group. Arriving to the gate, we were sidesteping to let entering some soldiers tired by a long travel throught the hell's lands. If the officer was making a deep impression on the idlers, it wasn't because of his presence neither his magnificence, but more definitely because of his ravaged look and the uggly burn scars which were on his head and neck. On the other hand, walking on his side, were proud and straight a man barded with a powerfull armor similar to our elder knight's one. He was the one who lead the troop, who encourage the men, who support the injured ones. Charismatic and unfatigueable, he was like a shepherd bringing back his drove safe and sound. Once in safe behind the high and deep city's walls, men started again to speak and smile. Quickly, hookers and street vendors fall down the troop as the knave on the common people. His duty accomplished, Götz turned back to his home, in hell. These men only owed their life to a damned...

I've heard since that he inspire the same respect to us than to the Saracens, even if he fought them when he was still alive, and also to these abject creatures which live in the hell. If i would wish to make some easy poetry, i would say that he's that kind of boss that simple people follow until the hell. The basic brawlers rally to his iron hand, this hand lost is the human's wars is now made of a living metal issued from the darkest abysses.

This is what the down world is, a world where the man follow the damned with veneration, a world where he become a hangman, a world where the greed supplant any other idea.

I told it to you, we're the new earth's damneds while the hell's damneds have maybe finally  find the redemption'w way.

Extract from « a cursed humanity » from Pierre Alamanche, burned on Place de Grève for heresy in 1633 September the 6th

Ceci n'est que mon avis et il n'engage que moi !
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.