Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Background
| | |-+  the Background
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: the Background  (Lu 18969 fois)
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Août 03, 2007, 17:58:10 »

i really love the background and fluff for this game. i really like the concept that time freezes in hell effectively so peoples from other times/cultures etc could just as likely be around, and the idea that its the ancient greeks makes it even better. having oddysseus or aeneas etc turning up with a bunch of greek warriors would be fantastic and would i imagine be extremely popular. a really nice idea for another faction  Grimaçant
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #16 le: Août 03, 2007, 20:04:11 »

i really love the background and fluff for this game. i really like the concept that time freezes in hell effectively so peoples from other times/cultures etc could just as likely be around, and the idea that its the ancient greeks makes it even better. having oddysseus or aeneas etc turning up with a bunch of greek warriors would be fantastic and would i imagine be extremely popular. a really nice idea for another faction  Grimaçant

My guess is that people from ancient times are already there as the Lost. We know that time freezes when you get in hells, but it's also said that people change when they are there. I don't know if those changes depend on the demon master you follow, or if it's because of what you did in your past life, or simply because of where you come from. At first I thought Corvus = Romans, Squamates = India, Insects = Huh (very old ones? Greeks & co?), but now I'm not so sure...

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte.
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #17 le: Août 03, 2007, 23:13:19 »

YEAH!!!  like  Spartan in HELL  Indéci  maybe not
I think is time for my medicine
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #18 le: Août 03, 2007, 23:18:28 »

TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!.....er again

that would be interesting. it looks like its open to imagination really. which is good because it leaves things open for future faction ideas in the future.
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #19 le: Août 03, 2007, 23:25:51 »

In the book, there is a man guiding the Lost & some humans allies to a ruined city, they call him "Audacious" (Audacieux in french) because they don't manage to pronounce his true name (Odysseus). He wears the legendary boar helm  Sourire However, I wonder why he didn't change while he was in the Hells. Maybe there is some secret... Maybe there are others like him... Roulement des yeux

Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Août 03, 2007, 23:36:20 »

s'very interesting indeed.
Anconeus
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #21 le: Août 13, 2007, 08:50:00 »

While I don't have a rulebook and I'm semi-clueless about the French language, I did pick up a little from the English rules...  In the description of Religion, Buddhist is mentioned as one of the religions.  So I wonder if that is a sign of an Asian themed army?
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #22 le: Décembre 05, 2007, 14:08:40 »

In fact there is just an asian-type demon in the rulebook. Nothing about a whole faction yet...

And I'm not sure I would like to see samourais and ninjas in this game.

Anconeus
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #23 le: Décembre 07, 2007, 02:20:13 »

In fact there is just an asian-type demon in the rulebook. Nothing about a whole faction yet...

And I'm not sure I would like to see samourais and ninjas in this game.

I can see your point there, although I'd be okay with it if they were historically based and not Hollywood versions.  A Chinese or Mongol army wouldn't be so bad either.
mEdwards
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #24 le: Décembre 07, 2007, 07:23:53 »

IMO, an Asian themed faction or army would be a viable option as historically there were a number of wars that took place in China and Japan that could have opened a portal to hell. However, the question does have to be asked, do you have to believe in heaven and hell for the portal to appear or would one appear once the conflict was great enough?  Indéci
Invité
« Répondre #25 le: Décembre 07, 2007, 16:14:01 »

I have one background question on the Lost Ones.  I realize they are kind of a breakaway faction or rebel faction off of the Demons, but why are they listed as Atheist on their cards?  Atheism doesn't believe in the existence of gods/heaven/hell.  The Lost Ones obviously know there is a hell, shouldn't they be more Agnostic if they want to drop their religion altogether?
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Décembre 07, 2007, 17:13:27 »

The reason is actually rule-related as answered by Geof in this thread: the game term 'Atheist' is also loosely used to describe agnostics because they didn't want to introduce two terms that'd have identical in-game effects.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Bob
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Breizh Team

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #27 le: Décembre 07, 2007, 19:37:49 »

Atheism doesn't believe in the existence of gods/heaven/hell.  The Lost Ones obviously know there is a hell

Once something can be checked by experience, it leaves the mystic sphere to enter the rational one. Hell exists as Earth exists. There is no point in believing in Hell or not when you can just go and see for yourself. Your definition of atheism is this world's definition, not HellDorado's one.
« Dernière édition: Décembre 07, 2007, 20:38:10 par Bob » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Il a Dieu à son côté, et un flingue de l'autre.
Invité
« Répondre #28 le: Décembre 08, 2007, 02:35:00 »

Good points, thanks!
Vorenus
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #29 le: Juin 18, 2008, 16:40:12 »

I don't know too much about christian mythology, but I was kind of wondering about things like the relationship between the damned the lost and the demons.
Why do the damned fight for the demons, surely they'd want to help the humans and escape their damnation.  Do they simply have no choice?  Are they insane?  Do the demons offer some kind of promotion?
I was under the impression that certain stories implied that some angels or demons had once been human, so could the damned maybe graduate to become demons once powerful and evil enough?
Also, why are the lost's subraces so different from the demons, I know it says in one piece of background that they follow a different path of evolution, but is there any information on what defines these paths?
I'm not really sure how much information there is available at the moment, so I won't be suprised i some of these questions are unanswerable.  I just like to speculate, and it'd be nice if someone could give me better information.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.