Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Background
| | |-+  The Angels
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: The Angels  (Lu 7215 fois)
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Avril 23, 2008, 21:02:34 »

I'm sitting here painting Samael and Tsilla and a question did pop into my head. How come Tsilla's got wings and the other two haven't? Is this explained anywhere?
 I'd like to know more about them, hurry up with the damned book! If I win the lottery tonight I'll give them the money to translate it! Who's with me!?

(oh and hi I'm new, lovely to be here!)
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Avril 24, 2008, 02:40:37 »

Not all Angels have wings you know . . . . . .

In the first place, we need to understand what is meant when folks speak of Angels.

In the Bible, the word "Angel" has a much broader meaning than what most people comprehend.

When you say Angel to most people they think of the winged being with a halo and a long flowing white robe. This description of an Angel is one of the beings in the Bible that is CALLED an Angel but that meaning is too narrow - its like saying all Fish live in the Sea, therefor everything that lives in the Sea is a Fish . . . .

If the 'winged being' is the only understanding that most people have of an Angel, it can cause misunderstanding of the subject matter.

As a matter of fact, certain Religions have erred greatly because they do not understand the word in its broader meaning. That is why they believe that Jesus is an Angel, a created being.

The Hebrew word "Mal'ach" translated into the English word Angel means a "Messenger or a representative." The responsibilities of one who was a Messenger, an Angel was to carry a message, to perform some other specific commission, and to represent more or less officially the one sending him.

Technically (and I am stretching things here) ANY being carrying a message from God could be classified as an Angel - Mortal or Celestial in origin.

Some appear as great Beasts, again SOMETIMES with Wings. Others as Burning Circles of Fire, and yet others Still as Beautiful Children.

Thats one of the reasons I love Hell Dorado so much, they are taking a lot of factors into consideration with the miniatures.
« Dernière édition: Mai 03, 2008, 03:38:57 par Doctor-Warlock » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper . . .
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Avril 24, 2008, 22:59:22 »

Yeah definitely, those chaps at Asmodee have certainly done their homework! I was really impressed that they've managed to use actual historical figures in both the background and models themselves, it's certainly much deeper in reality than most fantasy miniature games. I see what you're saying about the Angels, although personally I think the mini's themselves would look better with wings. I was going to convert them but I don't think I could do them justice.
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #3 le: Avril 25, 2008, 00:46:21 »

They are Fallen Angels aren't they?  That could be some reason.  But Tsillia's don't look very useful.
Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Avril 25, 2008, 00:54:25 »

Don't be daft, its not that hard!

Heresy do a lovely pair of Wings, just £2.00 -

That make a lovely conversion piece -

« Dernière édition: Mai 03, 2008, 03:38:42 par Doctor-Warlock » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper . . .
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Avril 25, 2008, 11:26:12 »

more of the resculpting of the robe I'd be worried about, and the models are too expensive to go experimenting! I've already painted them now anyway, maybe revisit them after I've my Westerners underway and get bored of painting puny humans!
Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Avril 25, 2008, 13:56:56 »

Sarrasins and Merc's for me, then Demons I think Souriant
« Dernière édition: Mai 03, 2008, 03:38:02 par Doctor-Warlock » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Avril 26, 2008, 04:28:17 »

Thanks for the link to the wings!  I'm looking for some suitable wings to do some corvus conversions.
Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Avril 26, 2008, 05:03:19 »

S'ok buddy, I am always on the look out for odds and ends myself.
« Dernière édition: Mai 03, 2008, 03:37:06 par Doctor-Warlock » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Corvus-ITA
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

jester4@libero.it
Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Avril 30, 2008, 15:37:27 »

Even the world "angel" means "messenger", it comes from the greek world Angellos (the "g" is hard, pronounced like the one in the world "guest").

There's not just 1 fallen angel, Lucifer "the one who brings the light", he was just the leader of an angel rebellion.

At the great wood's mouth,
by the deep cave's door,
I listened to something
I had heard before.

The wood's mouth.
In a field, I am the absence.
Wherever I am
I am what is missing.
...and IN SILENCE I OBSERVE
Taegmar
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Août 09, 2009, 15:41:52 »

Just to remind people, Lucifer was God's most senior Angel too.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Octobre 17, 2009, 12:44:25 »

To raise an old topic, where does most of the lore of angels and their rebellion come from? The accounts in the Bible are rather vague and poetic instead of storytelling. It has also been suggested that the idea of Lucifer being an angel was originally a mistranslation and was supposed to mean a king or whatnot...
Is there actually biblical era sources that tell the story or are they accounted in a later date?

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.