Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Background
| | |-+  Bran Carnoth
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Bran Carnoth  (Lu 6247 fois)
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« le: Juin 20, 2007, 00:01:58 »

Here is another translation attempt. This time, it's the text about the égarés leader, Bran Carnoth. I don't know who is the original writter...

Don't you hear this deadened sound in the distance? Don't you feel the vibrations of events ready to germinate, as soon as the sun of the uprising will shine at the zenith?

Do you hear the rumor? The rumor of thousands, dozens of thousands milllenial voices on the path of war!

The ones with no masters are stirring up my friends! Everywhere, in the darkest places of Kohut, of Ampharaus, of Thebaid and else, the free damned are awakening from a long slumber, a long dream where all were quarreling for futile reasons.

Man, by his success, showed them the way fellows!

The tears of their many pains rolled along the withered branches of sickly trees. Then the tears, one by one, gathered, pieced together, finally flowing as a fiery stream that nothing seems able to stop!

Do you know who's the master of the uprising? Do you know this Spartacus of a proud people fallen into disgrace?

Dux Bellorum they call him and at his name, they all bow down and shout until they lose their voices!

Thanks Bran Carnoth, lord of of the lost ones, invincible and merciless warmaster!

People of New Jerusalem, open your souls, open your doors, they're coming!

Don't be afraid, good folk, lord Carnoth and his suite are very old men, with a millenial wisdom...Death is never given randomly! They're not like those pityful puppets of poor and swollen men, sitting at the council of the six. Unlike the councillors and other clerics, Bran Carnoth and his suite don't wallow in luxury, like a pregnant sow in the mire...

Rufus, exalted preacher of New Jerusalem, sentenced to death for heresy.

Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte.
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juin 20, 2007, 01:45:01 »

I like the style of this piece. A prophet of sorts foretelling the coming of the savior. The fact that the savior is a dispossesed member of the damned just makes it all the better in my opinion.  Grimaçant

-Veritas
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #2 le: Juin 20, 2007, 07:29:41 »

Yes, this is very gladiator-esque  Souriant

As for Rufus the "exalted preacher", I feel like he's maybe a little too much...exalted.
By the way, I wonder what sense it makes to sentence somebody to death for heresy when mankind is walking the hells on a daily basis Sourire

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte.
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juin 20, 2007, 08:48:25 »

By the way, I wonder what sense it makes to sentence somebody to death for heresy when mankind is walking the hells on a daily basis Sourire

Yea, but the Occidental forces are trying to purge the hells so it's not like they're joining the demons.

Although I think anyone who used Hell Dorado's brand of magic in an Occidental army would need to be burned. Summoning minor demons to aid you in casting spells seems like something the church wouldn't like.
And the whole idea of groups of Occidentals hiring on Lost as guides and things seems like it would be a bit herretical as well.

-Veritas
aidan st james
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Juin 20, 2007, 12:59:56 »

Here is another translation attempt. This time, it's the text about the égarés leader, Bran Carnoth. I don't know who is the original writter...

me  Clin d'oeil
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juin 20, 2007, 14:29:15 »

me  Clin d'oeil
Sergeant Saint James !

I'm glad to see you're not too busy killing daemons or heretics to find time to visit us in the English casern.

knowing you well I suspect you get some English news probably lost somewhere in your backpack so, if you don't mind, it could be pleasant to read one of your story relating one of your experience in Hell !

Darth-Swen, who was expecting news from a great warrior like you
« Dernière édition: Juin 20, 2007, 14:33:45 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Selenio
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juin 20, 2007, 17:54:23 »

Yea, but the Occidental forces are trying to purge the hells so it's not like they're joining the demons.

Although I think anyone who used Hell Dorado's brand of magic in an Occidental army would need to be burned. Summoning minor demons to aid you in casting spells seems like something the church wouldn't like.
And the whole idea of groups of Occidentals hiring on Lost as guides and things seems like it would be a bit herretical as well.

-Veritas
Think about the fact that the playing groups are something like mercenary companies at the orders of the faction or pertaining to it. It's usual in this kind of companies to have very different members.

Selenio.

En mis manos levanto una tormenta
de piedras, rayos y hachas estridentes,
sedienta de catástrofes
y hambrienta.
shalashaska
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juin 20, 2007, 19:25:58 »

Another thing to consider is the fact that not only faithfull christians live in new jerusalem and explore hell. Baptiste Valombre is atheist, he has a demon as a servant and  decreases the faith of allied fighters with his aura  Souriant. Some part of the conquerors are ovbiously supported by the church, but there are many others.

Another point is that Lemures are very common in hell (as rats in our world), so maybe they are not considered as evil or bad for faithfull as other greater demons.

By the way, nice text, and thank you for the translation!
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.