Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.  (Lu 55612 fois)
Lemminkäinen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Février 26, 2009, 08:42:36 »

Yes, they are studying several possibilities, including an 'Open source' licensing.
Let's hope that an international editor realizes that there is very little work to do in order to capture the huge English-speaking market, as Asmodée have failed to do it.
Agreed. I was actually thinking that Hell Dorado would make it through the depression with more fans than before just because it is very affordable. I mean, putting 40 euros down for a full force should sound more interesting when the economy is in dire straits than putting down 300 euros for another mass army.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Février 26, 2009, 09:19:46 »

asmodee have let themselves down by failing to capture the english market from helldorados conception. the UK and US are potential goldmines of players especially since the collapse of rackhams confrontation. at the moment there isnt another skirmish game to rival it. alkemy is out there but i dont hear a thing about it being played. one assumes.

someone WILL see the potential and will snap it up, i doubt very much this will be the end of helldorado at all, and if anything im optimistic that someone will take it over, realise its potential and take into account the foreign market thats waiting for the game to come into english.

for alot of us this will mean an immediate stop to buying helldorado minis, too many of us were stung by rackham not so long ago, myself included (easily £2-3000 down the drain there) i dont think you need worry, i'll continue buying and playing because i don't think much will change in reality, 6 months is a long time and i reckon half that time will go by before someone snaps it up.

im staying positive and am unwilling to abandon ship when not all is said and done. i was forced out of confrontation to my loss and i dont want to jump ship on this game until its well and truly dead in the ground. something i hope never to see.

Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #17 le: Février 26, 2009, 09:40:22 »

As far as I understand the news, it didn't say Hell Dorado was generating red numbers and hence Asmodée stops the edition. It's more a concentrating on their coremarkets due to the current financial situation and the upcoming CEO never thought much of tabletop in the first place.
I remain somewhat optimistic: someone pics it up where the game fits into their portfolio and properly introduces it into the english market (and hopefully german too). Maybe it is better for Hell Dorado in the long run.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #18 le: Février 26, 2009, 09:59:27 »

I also remain optimistic and am determined to continue with buying the minis as the game is great and its market is expanding rapidly (and would be even moreso if the english edition would finally be released). FFG or even *gasp* Rackham Entertainment (although I'm extremely sceptical about this) could be possible.

Geoff has had a transparent and open policy with his game and that is one of the reasons I love the game - no silly business like Mr. Bey had with Confrontation.

Edit: and of course there's Privateer Press and Mongoose also to consider.
« Dernière édition: Février 26, 2009, 10:18:45 par Silveri » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
UKstray
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #19 le: Février 26, 2009, 13:41:19 »

Don't give up onj this one just yet there are plenty of companies like mine who would be interested in continuing Hell Dorado, it all depends on what Asmodee want and how reasonable they would be about selling the license / moulds etc. We'll see what we can do. We have plenty of ideas and possibilities for Hell Dorado including campaign system and new factions etc but I expect it will all come down to financing.     
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Février 26, 2009, 15:18:21 »

Don't give up onj this one just yet there are plenty of companies like mine who would be interested in continuing Hell Dorado, it all depends on what Asmodee want and how reasonable they would be about selling the license / moulds etc. We'll see what we can do. We have plenty of ideas and possibilities for Hell Dorado including campaign system and new factions etc but I expect it will all come down to financing.     

I'm intrigued.  What company is yours?  If nothing else, I think I'd like to look at what you have currently.   Grimaçant
UKstray
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #21 le: Février 26, 2009, 15:30:20 »

Hello - I run Simple miniature games the UK distributors of Hell Dorado. We have and will continue to have the whole range in stock for as long as possible. This means the ususal stockists should be able to do the same. July is a long way off in this industry so there is still every chance it will get picked up by me or someone else. I HOPE!!!!!! Grimaçant
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #22 le: Février 26, 2009, 16:02:13 »

it would be awesome if you took this on graham, bring helldorado to the UK  Grimaçant
WEiRD sKeTCH
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

The Devil Inside

Courriel
« Répondre #23 le: Février 26, 2009, 16:06:20 »

The UK and the rest of the English speaking world!
duelist
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #24 le: Février 26, 2009, 20:15:24 »

I would be seriously angered if Privateer Press picked this game up.  I would fear for the worst.

Welcome to Hell, here's your accordian
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #25 le: Février 26, 2009, 20:39:36 »

I would be seriously angered if Privateer Press picked this game up.  I would fear for the worst.

How come ?

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
alecfras
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Février 26, 2009, 22:03:47 »

Hello - I run Simple miniature games the UK distributors of Hell Dorado. We have and will continue to have the whole range in stock for as long as possible. This means the ususal stockists should be able to do the same. July is a long way off in this industry so there is still every chance it will get picked up by me or someone else. I HOPE!!!!!!

You just brought a tear to my eye with that ray of hope.  I hope you guys pick it up if you can!!  Grimaçant  It's a much brighter day today.

On a side note, what if the English edition were to do spectacularilly well?  Would that mean German, Spanish, and Italian editions as well?  I can seriously see this game taking over the skirmish crowd in a very positive way if that were to happen.  Sourire  Let's hope it does!  (This is, of course, after it gets picked up by another company.)

- Alec
« Dernière édition: Février 26, 2009, 22:07:09 par alecfras » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Rich_B
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #27 le: Février 26, 2009, 22:22:27 »

Hello - I run Simple miniature games the UK distributors of Hell Dorado. We have and will continue to have the whole range in stock for as long as possible. This means the ususal stockists should be able to do the same. July is a long way off in this industry so there is still every chance it will get picked up by me or someone else. I HOPE!!!!!! Grimaçant

Graham, I really hope that you do!

Hammer'N'Ales Wargames Club, Hucknall, Nottingham. Tuesdays and Sundays for all sorts of fantasy, sci-fi and historical gaming. See here for details.
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #28 le: Février 26, 2009, 23:36:12 »

whoever takes it on i just hopes they leave the creative side entirely to the creators of the game. its a wonderful thing in both dynamics, rules image and background just as it is and i'd hate to see someone take it over and insist on messing around with it too much. out of everyone mentioned i think should PP take it over they would be the ones to do that. i cant see it happening at all mind you but if someone were it would proberly be them.

helldorado IS the next big skirmish game, asmodee did a stupid thing in choosing not to support an english version (or any other language) the UK and US alone are ripe with players wanting to pick this up but choosing not to because of the lack of support from the producers. a timid business plan which has more than likely ended them up here. all it'll take is someone to pick this up throw out the english rulebook, english cards and promise genuine support and interest will sky rocket. develop a tourney scene to go along with it and make the game as successful as its great potential allows.

at the moment the market is devoid of a really good skirmish game. confrontation left a hole that hasnt been filled. their are loads out there but nothing to rival it. helldorado could do that easily. the majority of people on this forum for instance are recognisably old names from the conf boards and a good portion of old rackham players took to helldorado to fill the gap C3 left.

i'd LOVE to see this game take off in a big way, especially in the UK where i could be an active player once again.

we'll see what happens
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #29 le: Février 27, 2009, 00:51:46 »

I echo your sentiments Bork. It's a great game and needs no fiddling. Just support it and it will take off. Down here in AUS I've seen the player base grow steadily over the last few months - lord only knows what would happen with a proper rulebook.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.