Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Background
| | |-+  Vampires?
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Vampires?  (Lu 5421 fois)
Magno
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Mars 17, 2009, 03:39:17 »

Not up to speed on the background or how the company treats fantasy/fictional characters in the game, but is there room for Count Dracula, Vlad, or a vampire character in this universe?

Or would something like just be silly and dilute the rich atmosphere of the game? Would something like this cheapen or enhance the atmosphere by relying on established characters?
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #1 le: Mars 17, 2009, 03:56:36 »

There is definitely room for Vlad the impaler, but more as a historical character than the classical (Bram Stoker) vampire. Vlad would have been in hell for a couple of centuries by then and could very well have developed some 'Drain Life' capacity to complement the good old stake in the a Choqué

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
alecfras
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Mars 17, 2009, 05:03:04 »

I would absolutely love to see more historical figures such as Vlad the Impaler portrayed in the Hell Dorado universe after things get settled with everything that's been going on for finding a new company.  But yes, done in such a way would make perfect sense to include him at the very least.  Sourire
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Mars 17, 2009, 09:24:21 »

Vlad would definitely be cool, but if I remember his history correctly, he was more a defender of christianity than a satanist. Drain de vie as a skill or order would be a bit tacky. A character or independent for the mercs perhaps?

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Mars 17, 2009, 23:50:54 »

Defender of Christianity, yes, like Torquemada... If you are in the opinion that driving a stake through tens of thousands in the name of religion does not get you to hell, you are not in the same mindset as the authors.
I quite agree on the tacky though, but we *are* talking vampires.

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Mars 18, 2009, 10:19:38 »

Now, I didn't say he wouldn't deserve a place in hell, but the idea of a Bela Lugosi type "children of the night" -character doesn't fit my idea of HD. As an opponent to the saracens he would be great.

So no, I don't favour the idea of a vampire Vlad Tepes, but I'm for the idea of a damned Vlad Tepes as an officer or independent for the mercs. Perhaps he could be wielding an enchanted sword from the order of the Dragon that drains life, but pointy fangs... nah..

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #6 le: Mars 18, 2009, 12:17:06 »

Vlad would be great - as would many othe historical nasties. I'd love to see this kinda stuff!
occa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Mars 19, 2009, 01:18:50 »

I would like to see Gengis Khan at the head of a Mongol faction. The Mongols were a scourge throughout Europe and Asia.
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Mars 19, 2009, 14:23:30 »

And Aztecs could certainly be interesting as well....
WEiRD sKeTCH
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

The Devil Inside

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Mars 19, 2009, 15:14:44 »

And Aztecs could certainly be interesting as well....
The Lost are supposed to be getting a Pre-Columbian (Aztec) sub faction. And rather than the Birds, Bugs and Lizards, they're supposed to be Apes/Monkeys!  Grimaçant
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Mars 20, 2009, 15:01:15 »

Oh, now that could be very cool too.
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.