Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  [Official]Questions for Geof : The answers by Cipher-Studios !
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: [Official]Questions for Geof : The answers by Cipher-Studios !  (Lu 10346 fois)
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Octobre 19, 2009, 09:47:24 »

One more question: Will the different language versions be released at the same time or will you first get out the English book and then start making translations? I'm asking because the German market tends to stick to the English rules once they are around. In games like Warmachine no sane person uses the German ability names for example which makes it kinda hard for new players to get into the game if they "mistakenly" bought the German rule book.

That's interesting. I always thought that germans were (almost) as bad as frenchies and italians when it comes to preferring their own language (of course, none of the germans I know fit into that stereotype) but probably it comes from browsing throught german tv channels and hearing all those dubbed tv-series (instead of proper subtitled ones).
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Falk
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Octobre 20, 2009, 21:58:44 »

You're right, we have no original language versions on TV and hardly any in the cinemas and every bleeding book gets translated. So the situation here's much worse than in, say, Denmark or Sweden or that funny country with that orange soccer team. It's a special case with games though, including tabletop rule books as well as computer games. For some reason games often end up with crappy translations while films and tv series are usually very well dubbed. Thus the need for English originals in gaming.

Of course, every new player will buy the German book if available, because that's what ze average German does. But those in the know will quickly get the newbies to use English terms instead.

Imho, it would be better if we did it like they do in smaller countries and go without any translations at all. Virtually everyone speaks English well enough and the few that don't will learn it in no time. Maybe I should just move to Scandinavia or Finnland or something.  Grimaçant
« Dernière édition: Octobre 20, 2009, 22:00:34 par Falk » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Cipher Kai
FAQ - Hell Dorado
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #17 le: Octobre 21, 2009, 06:10:17 »

We're already working with Ulisses Spiele on the German edition.   In typical German fashion they are already correcting things that we haven't found in the English version yet.  "Das ist nicht richtig!"
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Pages: 1 [2] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.