Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Another new guy
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Another new guy  (Lu 2444 fois)
Hjelmen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Mars 12, 2008, 15:23:13 »

Hi everyone.
Short intro: I'm 24, a guy, and have been playing wargames for about 10-12 years.

A store close to me have just begun carrying the full HD range, and since I'm beginning to get a bit tired of having to pack up 60+ minis to play my other games (Warmachine & Hordes), I'm looking to games with smaller model-counts, but similar tactical complexity. HD seems to fit the bill perfectly!

I have been reading the (english) rules, and although I do have some initial rules-questions, these will wait until I have actually played a few games.

While I do intend to proxy minis in the first games to get the hang of everything, I'm sure that I'll need a company of real minis soon. I'm on kind of a tight budget, so I really want a starter-box where I'll only need to buy a few more independents/troopers to finish out in the 200-250 pts range. Could you guys suggest a faction where I'll get the most mileage out of the starter-box?

I'm really looking forward to trying out the game, and getting my grubby mitts on some of those great minis!

~Hjelmen
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Mars 12, 2008, 15:41:26 »

main problem with  the starter boxes is that  is that the officer that come with them are not always the best ones for the  model in the box ...  good thing is that they are 200 spot on for almost all of them ...  so you will  need to spen a bit on others models

anoth good   thing every faction only have 3 officer  each  a few independent  unique or generic and  several diferent types of troopers so counting  even the 3 to 4 diferent  poses for the rank and file  troopers  the amount of model will   arround 15 model more or less ...

IMHO  one of the best starter box  is the Sarracens one,  lots of nice  models  sculpt nad game wise  and   nice leader .  but I,m  biased  anyway as I like them all   
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Mars 12, 2008, 15:49:25 »

The starter boxes all do seem to have balanced forces of the same "strength".  Just choose the one you like the look and feel of and you should be fine starting off.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Josk
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #3 le: Mars 12, 2008, 16:11:31 »

With the amount of figures out at the moment any faction should be fine.
Go for which faction you like the look of.
I went for the demons first but I plan on having at least one more faction.
TGN-Grant
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Mars 12, 2008, 16:15:48 »

Welcome to the forum.

I have to agree with Dogmeat, choose the one you like the look and feel of. I personally went for Demons but I'm looking to add an extra starter box to demo the game to friends in the not too distant future.
Hjelmen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Mars 12, 2008, 18:21:57 »

Thanks for the welcome, and all the advice Sourire

I've only managed to persuade one of my regular gaming-buddies into trying the game, so I might end up buying a second box just for demoing the game.

I've read Lemm's guides on the factions, and I'm about ready to try out the game, wish me luck Tire la langue

~Hjelmen
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.