Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Les Egares - painted starter box (1,2 MB in pics)
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Les Egares - painted starter box (1,2 MB in pics)  (Lu 5030 fois)
Ghostpainter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Juin 30, 2007, 23:13:22 »

Hi all,

painted these guys last week, color scheme is a nod to another pet army of mine (that will now sadly stop growing further).
Tried the hot lava tuto from CMON on the bases, with mixed results. But I guess it works for tabletop.

I'll paint up the sarrasins box later this week to keep you interested  Clin d'oeil

Any questions and comments are welcome!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img4686c3d783db5.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img4686c3a7864c4.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img4686c38346cf6.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img4686c360cf873.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img4686c332d1f7a.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img4686c305111b8.jpg

Please think of the other users, notably those having a slow connection.
« Dernière édition: Juillet 01, 2007, 09:01:17 par Graou » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Dariokan
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juin 30, 2007, 23:24:09 »

OMG. I HATE YOU!!!  Fâché

Hmmm, well, and now to be honest, you just rock. Awesome job, excellent technique and fantastic colors. Kudos for the weapons and the shield on the last picture.

Did I mentionned that I hate you?  Clin d'oeil

On average, how much time did you spend per miniature?
« Dernière édition: Juin 30, 2007, 23:26:40 par Dariokan » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Fenris
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Juin 30, 2007, 23:36:32 »

This colour scheme seems to be difficult to take shots... Nice job, indeed.

I like the two-headed dog, the eyes are really scary... poor little lemures  Grimaçant

The work on the lava seems really breathtaking, didn't know that was possible ! I'm going to CMON immediately  Tire la langue

A little critic (just about a personal preference) : Colours seems to be close on luminosity (green luminous as flesh and other colours), and I'm feeling a certain lack of contrast, but that may be the pics that do that, so...
I'm not fan about the green everywere on the metal pieces... If that's supposed to be bronze, or copper, the rust must only be present in holes and scars of metal, not on the entire surface...

ps : i believe you forgot to cut an edge on top of the first retiari's weapon  Lèvres scellées
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

l'Enfer est à un coup de hache de toi ! - Bran Carnoth -
Association du Jeu Fantastique de Versailles
shalashaska
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juillet 01, 2007, 00:26:30 »

Awesome!

Did you use polish to paint them? Ii don´t know what its name is in english, we here say "betún de judea", consists of painting the mini with a layer of polish (mixed with barnish to dissolve it a little) after the base colour and before de highlights to make the shadows, gradient surfaces, and make metals look old.

I like the morbid flesh tones you have used, and over all, the chainmails, discs, and the metal claws of the retiaire´s weapons. The old-copper effect on the chainmail looks great.

« Dernière édition: Juillet 01, 2007, 00:29:02 par shalashaska » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Ghostpainter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Juillet 01, 2007, 14:16:16 »

@shalashaska
No they are not "dipped", just painted with glazes and washes of W&N Finity Acrylics, which have a nice consistency for that technique. The final wash layer was burnt umber to give the worn/old look.

@Fenris
I think the camera had problems with the pure white and black spots on the bases, probably threw of the contrasts and tones a bit. By luminosity do you mean the brightness of the colors? This time I worked mostly with tonal contrast (green/yellow <-> violet/red) but I am interested in what aspect you mean.

@Dariokan
sorry  Cool
8-10 hours incl. assembly for the whole box...sorry again  Grima&ccedil;ant

mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juillet 01, 2007, 15:03:31 »

As I told you somewhere else before, your technique (not 'dipping' alright, but basically the same principle) looks very good on metals, and now I can tell on chitin as well. That gives them an interesting feel, adds a somewhat weathered texture to them with flakes of shading ideally shaped like beaten material.
On the other hand, flesh looks weird with this method. Your miniatures would look so much better if you did not paint them with the same technique.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Teapot
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juillet 01, 2007, 16:39:30 »

Fantastic work, Ghostpainter. What will you paint next?
pug
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juillet 04, 2007, 23:14:16 »

Nice work ghost painter. Is this just the one boxed set you have? Played any games yet ?
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Juillet 05, 2007, 07:53:02 »

I don't want to post anything negative because I think it'll sound like I'm pumping up my own Lost, but I just gotta say that I agree with Mathieu. The metals look pretty dang good. I'm really impressed with those for the time you've put in on these. However, I don't like the skin and I think the chitin is ok, but not good simply because I think it looks too much like rock. I mean, if that's your intent then you hit it right on, but aesthetically I'm about 50%/50% on it. The flesh on the other hand, as Mathieu said, looks a little "off." I don't know how else to put it. I think it's the fact that since your technique is entirely dependent on washes and glazes that no matter how hard you try things are going to look slightly splotchy.

But, for 8-10 hours from start to finish for the entire box these are fantastic. Good time vs. results value even if I'm not entirely down with the results.

-Veritas
Tuska
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Its me, Platypi

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Juillet 31, 2007, 20:11:42 »

Nice work!
nice to see the backs of the mins, i just odret the Egares boxs and was wonderin who muchs assembly the nead?
4-5 parts per model?
and how is the metal, hard,soft? easy to brake?
was the spears,ectra twisted when you did get the box?

I PUT THE "SEXY" IN DYSLEXIA
Ghostpainter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Juillet 31, 2007, 20:33:38 »

Hi all and thanks again for the comments,

@mathieu & Veritas: I appreciate every comment, incl. critic  Grima&ccedil;ant In fact I tried to apply different techniques on the other boxes, like wetblending, to get better and more appropriate textures on non-metal areas. In the end, I did not go for ultra-realistic finish but tabletop with this box, while trying to paint as fast as possible to get these guys on the table and throw some dice!  Cool But I also heard some like the blotchy style more than the cleaner one, matter of taste, too. I'll keep the new style though as wetblending is just too fun!

@Tuska: Egares are mostly 2-3 parts each, Bran is more I think, but overall assembly is easy compared to Sarrazines or Demons.
The metal is very hard to break, it's flexible and durable, though a bit tough to cut sometimes. It should be difficult to break some ankles as with some other company's product  Clin d'oeil Mold lines are few and small, and most important do not run through faces and such...I remember the spears were a little bent but can be fixed back without problems (warm water helps).

@pug: I have all box sets with Demons and Egares painted (Sarrasins were for a customer, so expect new ones soon). Made quite a few games already, which were really fun and tactically challenging, plus bloody and close to the last turn. A great game I can fully recommend!

Tuska
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Its me, Platypi

Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Juillet 31, 2007, 23:28:41 »

@Tuska: Egares are mostly 2-3 parts each, Bran is more I think, but overall assembly is easy compared to Sarrazines or Demons.
The metal is very hard to break, it's flexible and durable, though a bit tough to cut sometimes. It should be difficult to break some ankles as with some other company's product  Clin d'oeil Mold lines are few and small, and most important do not run through faces and such...I remember the spears were a little bent but can be fixed back without problems (warm water helps).

Grima&ccedil;ant yep haited the ankles eaven whit my faction Clin d'oeil
thanks for the info, now i have huge expetations form this babys.

I PUT THE "SEXY" IN DYSLEXIA
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.