Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Funeral Rites (unofficially translated)
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Funeral Rites (unofficially translated)  (Lu 4140 fois)
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Avril 30, 2008, 22:10:32 »

I will put this all together in a PDF with some graphics once I finish the story.

Funeral Rites

Special Rules

Body Parts:
The players place 6 body parts: a head, a left arm, a right arm, a right leg, a left leg, and a torso. You can use any markers to represent the parts, but have some fun and chop up some miniatures!

The Altar: Each player has a zone of 3 Fathoms diameter (see map) where the incomplete skin of their companion is stored. This skin is represented by the abdomen of the corpse. This one is placed in the center of the Altar before the beginning of the game.  To Reconstitute the Corpse During the game, a combatant can deposit in his own Altar (passive capacity) a body part of his companion or a body part of the corpse of his adversary with the following restriction:

It is not authorized to deposit in a Altar 2 identical body parts of a corpse. For example, it is not possible to deposit the left arm of the corpse of your companion and the left arm of the Opponent’s corpse.  A member deposited in the Altar cannot be moved any more in an unspecified manner.

Deployment:
Starting with the player who has Domination, the players will alternate placing their Corpse’s five body parts in the Corpse Deployment Zone.  Body parts must be placed at least 2 Fathoms from another body part, and the Altar.  No terrain elements are placed in the Corpse Deployment Zone.  Then, starting with the player who has Domination, each player can move a boby part up to 2” with a combatant in his company that has the Scout capacity.

The Deployment Zone of each player is a band of ground of 5 Fathoms in from it’s starting side. The player with Domination chooses which player places his combatants first. No combatant can be placed in contact with a body part.

Duration:

The game is played in 4 Turns (variable).

Victory Conditions:
At the end of the game, the player with the most Conquest Points, is declared victorious.  A player gains Conquest Points when it places a meets any of the following conditions:
•   Head of the corpse of your companion: 3 Conquest Points
•   Head of the unfavourable corpse: 2 Conquest Points
•   Left Arm of the corpse of your companion: 2 Conquest Points
•   Left Arm of the unfavourable corpse: 1 Conquest Point
•   Right Arm of the corpse of your companion: 2 Conquest Points
•   Right Arm of the unfavourable corpse: 1 Conquest Point
•   Left Leg of the corpse of your companion: 2 Conquest Points
•   Left Leg of the unfavourable corpse: 1 Conquest Point
•   Right Leg of the corpse of your companion: 2 Conquest Points
•   Right Leg of the unfavourable corpse: 1 Conquest Point
•   Both legs of  the corpse of your companion: +1 Conquest Point
•   Both arms of  the corpse of your companion: +1 Conquest Point
•   A player gains 1 Conquest Points for any eliminated non Insignificant enemy combatant

Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Avril 30, 2008, 22:33:55 »

thats a really cool scenario, it does seem a little overcomplicated but im sure with one or two practice games it would be easy enough.

cheers for the translation.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Avril 30, 2008, 22:38:30 »

This is just fantastic, it's a wee bit on the silly side but what a novel idea! Is there any background on why the respective factions are doing this? Cheers for translating by the way. I'd heard the game was very scenario-driven, suddenly the squamata nomads don't seem so rubbish after all.
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Avril 30, 2008, 22:42:45 »

scenarios will make models that in a slugfest type battle seemed useless, fantastic. in a straight up fight demons of sloth are pap. in a scenario i think they will be worth their weight in gold and the same can be said for any amount of figures.

playing a game where nothing but damage is key to victory will see the same figures used over and over. scenarios is what im happiest playing and im going to give this one a try this week for sure.
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Avril 30, 2008, 23:29:56 »

This is just fantastic, it's a wee bit on the silly side but what a novel idea! Is there any background on why the respective factions are doing this? Cheers for translating by the way. I'd heard the game was very scenario-driven, suddenly the squamata nomads don't seem so rubbish after all.

There is some fluff in the original PDF, but it's not an easy translation for me, so it's taking a bit to re-write it.
jackyphoenix
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Mai 01, 2008, 14:04:45 »

Thank you Breten,

I shall try it out with flipper and possbile use it for the event on the 18th May... we will time it as well, see how long will each game takes.

Jacky
rondel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Mai 04, 2008, 18:04:06 »

Just played it and consequently have some questions:
is picking up a body part an action? Does a miniature have to stop b2b with a given part, or can just run and grab as many as movement lets? Can animals/lemurs take the tokens?
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Mai 04, 2008, 20:52:53 »

common sense would suggest you end your movement on a body part and automatically pick it up, if you are charged/engaged you fight as normal. i dont think it work very well as a scenario if you could pick up multiple body parts, then charge or whatever.

personnally i'd say lemures cant pick up body parts.

this is just what my experience of scenarios in other games and common sense would tell me. officially i have no idea and it could be the exact opposite but this is how i'd play it.
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #8 le: Mai 05, 2008, 02:04:07 »

It's a passive capacity to drop off a part, so I assume it's the same to pick one up.  So yeah, you stop moving and pick it up, same for dropping it.
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #9 le: Mai 05, 2008, 03:48:59 »

Insignificant units (i.e. lemures) cannot pick objects up, so no body parts for them or the panther...

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
wollfe
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Mai 13, 2008, 20:56:02 »

! Is there any background on why the respective factions are doing this?

the following is my unofficial translation of the fluff using 4 or 5 different translation packages and then trying to rewrite it in gramatically correct english. (please note that this is the basic story, some of the details may not be correct, also note that the programs were unable to translate everything so i have taken artistic licence and filled in the gaps with what i thought made sense) anyway enough caveats and adendums - enjoy

He needs you!  Without your help his company will not survive against Foulques the black and his damned souls. You, his old friend, are his last hope.  The call for help was sent some hours ago, and you don’t have a lot of time, and so it is with fear in your heart that you head out with your company.

Quickly you cross the sulphurous lands of Hell with the soul objective of providing support to your old companion.  The dust and heat produce an un-breathable atmosphere, your men gasp for breath and complain, but you remain intractable.
He needs men and steel, and you will not disappoint him.

When finally you arrive at his camp, you are gripped by anxiety at the sight that greets you.  Sinister columns of black smoke go up in spirals above tents and a foul smell assails your senses and then you see the cut up and mutilated bodies of the men of his company, which turns your stomach.

Outwardly, as an officer, you remain calm, however a powerful feeling of guilt demands that give your friend a final tribute. And thus you issue the order to reconstruct his body and give the funeral ritual that he deserves.
As your men are carrying out your orders, you see that another company has also arrived, your old enemy is also there with them, and he has answered the call of the foul s*** who was acting as your friend’s companion.

Enough is enough, bile rises in your throat, and you lead your men forward with only two desires, honour your friend and to destroy the body of the one who manipulated him

p.s. hopefully someone who has a better grasp of french can make any necessary correction  Clin d'oeil
« Dernière édition: Mai 14, 2008, 01:22:18 par wollfe » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. 2008.