Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.  (Lu 56777 fois)
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #90 le: Juin 23, 2009, 15:15:59 »

Not on the french area. They seem to be nitpicking on the rules and the argument is the general "Hell Dorado's rules need revising bad" vs. "No they don't". Not really that interesting - you can read the googletranslated version via the link above.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #91 le: Juin 24, 2009, 08:41:00 »

Sinon, pour te résumer la situation actuelle : des négociations sont en cours avec un fondeur américain qui serait interressé par l'acquisition des droits d'édition du jeu.
donc tout n'est pas encore fini comme tu le dis, l'espoir est toujours là.

Citation de: translate.google.com
Or, for you summarize the current situation: negotiations are underway with a smelter that would be American interested in acquiring the publishing rights of the game.
So all is not finished yet as you say, hope is still there.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Eusèbe
FAQ - Hell Dorado
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

googooblown@hotmail.com
« Répondre #92 le: Juin 24, 2009, 13:03:05 »

well the main things of the argue is that for some players, Hell Dorado is too complicated in the way it presents the rules, and should be simplified, and for the others, that is its complexity in terms of interaction that gives it a soul as a game.

For the rumors, we heard sometimes things about spanish, and here about an american. the rumors with the Us said too that if they took the game, tehy don't keep the scluptor of the minis.

And that's all what we have currently.

"Nan mais eusèbe il joue pas égaré de toute façon, il joue squamate"

Branlibu
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #93 le: Juin 25, 2009, 00:28:39 »

Cheers,

Have to just sit back and wait untill this whole affair is settled. Hopefully everything still remains the same after everything is said and done.

Quite happy with the english rulebook translation... Not sure if any drastic changes need to be made... It isn't too complex, when compared to other skirmish games on the market...

Regards,

Dennis
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #94 le: Juin 25, 2009, 16:09:44 »

HD is complex but still easy to learn and play. dumbing it down would ruin it with it me. i like a bit of depth and tactical play in my games not just rolling dice and moving stuff about like some games are.
Eusèbe
FAQ - Hell Dorado
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

googooblown@hotmail.com
« Répondre #95 le: Juin 25, 2009, 16:13:56 »

yeah I agrre with you, but I think that it is more because of some evil players that try to win using all the little points, and so there is a lot of explanations in the rules part of this forum and each new explanation leads to new evil using of the little parts that are not covered and so on. So for some rules there is now a lot of exceptions (like with the contacts without reciprocity (i'm not sure you call that the same) that lead to a lot of struggles, while some normal players like me don't need so much exceptions cause with common sense, it's quite easy to solve a lot of problems, but oh well...
I think that when you try to exploit all the flaw, you complain cause the game souds to complicated.

"Nan mais eusèbe il joue pas égaré de toute façon, il joue squamate"

Branlibu
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #96 le: Juin 25, 2009, 17:26:58 »

yeah I agrre with you, but I think that it is more because of some evil players that try to win using all the little points, and so there is a lot of explanations in the rules part of this forum and each new explanation leads to new evil using of the little parts that are not covered and so on. So for some rules there is now a lot of exceptions (like with the contacts without reciprocity (i'm not sure you call that the same) that lead to a lot of struggles, while some normal players like me don't need so much exceptions cause with common sense, it's quite easy to solve a lot of problems, but oh well...
I think that when you try to exploit all the flaw, you complain cause the game souds to complicated.

I get what you mean.  I tend to ignore the whole reciprocal contact bit.  That bit could do with a trim.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #97 le: Juin 25, 2009, 18:02:19 »

HD is complex but still easy to learn and play. dumbing it down would ruin it with it me.
That's sadly how popular games tend to evolve though, presumably to appeal to a "broader" audience. The kind of audience that though C3 was way too math intensive (as I read on their board), or who has a hard time putting lists together if AP costs get more than 3 digits in Warmachine, for example.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #98 le: Juin 25, 2009, 22:24:40 »

but look where it got rackham when they decided to appeal to the "wider audience" and scrap C3 for age of crapenrok. possibly the worst case scenario of dumbing a game down in wargaming history and a lesson for all companies thinking of changing things themselves. of course a differance between dumbing down and streamlining for the betterment of the game exists it's just a very fine line and entirely dependant on taste...the ONLY thing id proberly like to see simplified is the shooting rules because i can never remember it lol but everything else is just right personnally. loosing the detail robs the game of depth and in a skirmish game with such a strong narrative storyline and background it would make it a redundant hour or two of rolling dice.

i HOPE and pray we don't see HD turn into age of the ragnarok should any rules changes happen. no use worrying about it as we know nothing at this stage mind.
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #99 le: Juin 25, 2009, 23:12:55 »

It seems to me that Geof Picard has a very clear vision on the game and if he should continue it I doubt it would be watered down  just 'another tabletop game' (rule clarifications and if needed some simplifications are a different matter ...  and there is that great 'the tap' rule Clin d'oeil). I think I read somewhere that Geof Picard enjoyed most the game systems of infinity and warmachine and I think HD features some strong characteristics of both games, adds its own flavor to it and avoids some problems of these games (and likely adds its own problems). As long as it keeps its main characteristics (synergies, alternative acivation, expandable resource (cmd points), heavy influence of terrain and scenario, 6 forces that feature quite different play styles, fairly predictable outcome of the dice results, fantastic miniatures, storyline, skirmish) I'm very happy with the game.
I hope that part of the reason why HD negotiations take so long is due to the fact that Geof and his team want to ensure that they can follow their vision of the game mostly.
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #100 le: Juin 28, 2009, 07:28:47 »

i hope so too. i can imagine they would rather not let the game be produced if the new "owners" wanted to meddle too much.
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #101 le: Juin 28, 2009, 09:51:08 »

but look where it got rackham when they decided to appeal to the "wider audience" and scrap C3 for age of crapenrok.
Oh I totally agree, I would hate the game to be simplified. I was merely observing that games seem to evolve that way when the dudes in charge of selling realize (or decide, I don't have figures) there are much more people who don't want wargames to require much thinking. In the case of confrontation and warmachine, I think "dumbing down" is an incredibly appropriate term. But like you said, that's very much a matter of taste.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #102 le: Juin 28, 2009, 20:23:06 »

yep its the sad reality of war games, i know "simpler" games have their attraction i just don't have interest in something i can't think about during the game.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #103 le: Juillet 02, 2009, 11:52:47 »

If the rules are done, tried, tested and loved I don't see why anyone would change them. Aside from all the extra work it would be they'd risk pissing off the already numerous fanbase. I did hold my head in my hands and sway a lot after *that other company* killed their best game, I don't think I could handle it twice in one lifetime. Although at least I haven't spent £500 + on Hell Dorado!
Diegan
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #104 le: Juillet 03, 2009, 14:03:05 »

So... no more news on the future of the game in the french area? The tops guys don't give any info??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.