Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Lava Bases
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Lava Bases  (Lu 2800 fois)
Nathan the Wise
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Mai 08, 2008, 06:34:49 »

Is there a tutorial somewhere in either English or French for the lava bases that so many people are making on the French painting forum? Or is this a reapplication of some other technique? I am mostly wondering:

1)what material is being used for the stone? It is very porous looking to me, but I can't figure out what it is.
2)how are people getting the lava so smooth and yet flush with the lip of the base?

I hope these question makes sense. Basically, I am noticing that a lot of bases look the same, ie., a model standing on what looks like a type of porous rock with lava flowing around it. I hope to copy this, but cannot figure out how.

Thanks for any help.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Mai 08, 2008, 10:37:15 »

the rock is cork. you can buy it in tile form from most DIY type places or you can buy cork 'boulders' which can be gotten from any decent model scenery store. bother are dirt cheap. the lava looks to be painted directly onto the base and then given coats of water effect or multiple layers of gloss varnish to make it appear liquid. i use vallejo water effect which pours on and dries smooth which is how it stays neat on the lip of the base which is ever so slightly raised (which is handy)
Nathan the Wise
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Mai 08, 2008, 13:57:31 »

Awesome, thank you!

EDIT: Actually, the question of assembly just occured to me....how quickly does this Vallejo water effect take to dry, and how solid is it? Is it more gummy, or is it is really solid? Basically, would I be wise to have my cork rocks painted and ready to place into the water effect after I pore it? Or is it gummy enough that I could wait for it to dry and then place the cork rocks into it?

I am concerned because I do not want the rocks to look as if they are floating on the lava. Pooring the water effect onto the base after adhering the cork rocks would be a bad idea, right? Or is splashing a little water effect onto the rocks accidentally, for instance, something that would not be noticable?
« Dernière édition: Mai 10, 2008, 01:34:30 par Nathan the Wise » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Mai 10, 2008, 21:11:54 »

there are many differant types of water effect. vallejo water effect is quite runny where as others are more gummy and gel like its more of a preferance. for vallejo water effect i think its essential the base be entirely constructed and painted before you apply it for the best results. drying time is about 3-4 hours but possibly less. easily able to do several coats inside a 24 hour period. 3 coats i found was best.

as for pouring it onto the base you can simply paint it on and get max control. pouring it on would be fine for a large surface area but on a base just use an old brush and paint it on quite thickly over the parts you want to look liquid. you get the best results that way.
Nathan the Wise
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Mai 11, 2008, 01:57:45 »

Unfortunately, in spite of the fact that I am in the 5th largest city in all of North America, I could not find any Vallejo water effect.

I found something called EnviroTex Lite, so I will give that a try.

I see what you mean about painting it on, that makes sense, I didn't really look at the Helldorado bases in any depth until after posting, and now am aware of how low the lip is, I thought they were deeper like the Warmachine bases.
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Mai 12, 2008, 08:28:37 »

shop online it will exist somewhere in your country and have it shipped to you. if not buy it from this guy in england

http://www.barrule.com/workshop/scratch%20builders%20paradise/terrain%20materials%20and%20supplies%20for%20wargames,%20scratch%20building%20and%20dioramas.html

ive used jeds store for years and its top notch and very trustworthy he does a good range of anything modeling or scenery based and he ships to the states.

there are other products im sure that are exactly like it but i havent used any so cannot recommend im afraid.
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.