Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Rules
| | |-+  Unique orders
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Unique orders  (Lu 3705 fois)
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Février 10, 2009, 20:22:30 »

Ok, this is going to be a stupid question but the rules aren't totally clear.  If an order is Unique, does that mean it can only be used once per game - no matter how many models have the order?  My guess is that the model itself can only use the order once, but any duplicate model with the same order can also use it once.  Am I right?
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
WEiRD sKeTCH
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

The Devil Inside

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Février 10, 2009, 20:38:37 »

Ok, this is going to be a stupid question but the rules aren't totally clear.  If an order is Unique, does that mean it can only be used once per game - no matter how many models have the order?  My guess is that the model itself can only use the order once, but any duplicate model with the same order can also use it once.  Am I right?
Once per game per model. So if you have two models with the same unique order, they can each perform it once per game.
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Février 10, 2009, 23:14:50 »

Ok, so it's as I thought then.

But then I have a question about balance.  The Fencer can spend 2 permanent command and gains +1 MVT, +2 SHS, +2 CBT, and +2 FTH until the end of the game.  On the other hand, one of the Pillar of Faith models can spend 2 permanent command and only gains +1 DEF and +1 PR until the end of the game.  I know defense and protection are different kinds of stats, but a total bonus of +7 versus a total bonus of +2 for the same command cost seems rather strange.  Then again, I've read about the lancer abilities so I guess that's how it goes.  just need to get more models.   Grimaçant
Franck
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #3 le: Février 10, 2009, 23:43:46 »

You shouldn't compare +2 and +7 but the whole stats. The pillar starts with better ones, faith is not that usefull, neither is really high combat.

Those 2 mini are both really good, and the difference is quite small.

Enjoy your pillar, he'll help you in many games!
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Février 10, 2009, 23:46:45 »

One big difference is that the Pillars ability is a Passive skill.  That means that you only need to commit to paying the 2 CMD when its needed.  The Fencers skill is Active and so they have to pretty much give up an activation to use it.  In a game with limited turns this can be a big problem.  Also, the Westerners do tend to have less CMD points than the Sarassins.  It balances out.

Its by no means "perfectly" balanced, but I don`t think that can actually happen in a game.  

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Février 10, 2009, 23:56:06 »

In my opinion, the difference is mainly that +1 defense is a *huge* bonus, specially when coupled with a protection of 3. You can't compare +2 faith to +1 defense, there is just no common measure. I would not exchange my pillar's bonus of +2 with the fencer's, the succubus' maybe, but I'm not even sure as it's active...

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Bob
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Breizh Team

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Février 11, 2009, 00:03:39 »

One big difference is that the Pillars ability is a Passive skill.  That means that you only need to commit to paying the 2 CMD when its needed.

Still, he can only use it during his own activation, and would feel very bad if charged without his armour Tire la langue If you want to play it safe, you still need to use his order on first turn, but at least he can run while doing it.

Citation
Also, the Westerners do tend to have less CMD points than the Sarassins.

This does not hold anymore in 1635. With all westerner officers getting +1 CMD and 2 commanding independents getting some serious boost (the fencer and the missionary), the Westerners are now at least on par with the Saracens.

But the comparison is still not accurate : a +1 DEF is invaluable, and with DEF 5 / PR 3, the boosted halberd pilar is the toughest mini in the game. It is definitely worth its 2 CMD.

Il a Dieu à son côté, et un flingue de l'autre.
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Février 11, 2009, 15:24:47 »

Ahhh....I forgot about the active versus passive aspect.  That does indeed make a big difference.  I'm still trying to remember all the rules, but I'm getting there.  And I forget to use special abilities about 1/2 the time too.  But again, just a matter of repetition.

I agree that the Pillar with halberd is a defensive beast (and not too bad offensively either).  I just really wondered about how Asmodee came up with the numbers.  Thanks for the input everybody!

Does anyone know if they plan to make individual models available at some point?  I'd love to get a couple lancers, but I don't think I really need more than one alchemist.  Same goes for the Pillars....
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.