Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  [Official] Once upon a time the future of Hell Dorado
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: [Official] Once upon a time the future of Hell Dorado  (Lu 5731 fois)
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Septembre 05, 2008, 22:04:02 »

Geof posted this long list of stuff that's going to happen with HD in the year+ to come. Here it is (unofficially, see sig.) translated for your convenience Clin d'oeil (everything might not be of immediate relevance for non-French speakers, sorry if that's the case).

"Hell Dorado celebrated its first birthday a few months ago, our sculpting team welcomed one new member, and the last miniatures introduced in the rulebook are gonna be released soon. I'll admit the past few months have been a little hectic for us. Between births, vacations, and personal problems that shouldn't affect work but always end up affecting it, we haven't necessarily been very available or efficient... That being said, here's what's going to happen in the coming months:

The corrected version of the rulebook is coming in mid September (on the 17th in our stock, the following days in stores). I should manage to put online the corrected version of the core rules by the end of the month.

In October there'll be Prima materia goodies, Nico should validate the prima materia tickets very soon

The last wave of miniatures for the 1634 season will release in November. In all modesty the models are insane. They'll be gradually unveiled on the side from early October on.

The first two novels are written and being proofread right now. I'll just have to check the production details with "la Bibliothèque Interdite", but I believe we can reasonably hope to have them out for the end of the year, first quarter of 2009 tops.

We are currently working on the design of the new asian faction (called "the Immortals" for now). The starter box should be the first release of 2009 (Jan/Feb).

As for the technical aspect of the game:
   - for many reasons I'm considering more and more the idea of having the base format set to 250AP.

- we're working on a whole lot of new profiles and specialties among each faction (perverted Saracens, extremist and technologist Westerners, civilized and wild Lost,...)

- I'll probably put more or less regularly online some important technical parts of the future expansion.

- It is more and more likely that we'll make a 1635 set of cards for each faction. That'd imply that I modify more or less in depth 4 to 7 profiles per faction. These cards will be sold normally, you'll be able to get them with Prima materia, and they'll be offered at certain tournaments. I'm still thinking about the details. There will be many changes, the only thing for sure is that the AP cost of a model will never increase.

- The first expansion will release mid to end of 2009. It'll include the models already released until then, the technical parts available online, and more (rules, scenarios, future models,...).

- If I find some time, I'd like to create some more "exotic" models: busts, 54mm minis, large resin pieces,... For now it's more a dream than anything else, the priority is to stick to our plannings...

As far as the fairly little evolving fluff is concerned, I need to talk to the two authors of the novels and try to have them write one short story a week. These would account for my desires to modify the fluff, and whatever happens in tourneys. I'll let you know as soon as I get to talk to them.

On the 'other sides':
   - Claustrophobia is progressing, we are finalizing the concepts. We have now to evaluate the plastic production constraints before starting sculpting. It'll be a boardgame in the HD universe, but with simple rules completely unrelated to the ones of the miniature game.

- I'm still thinking about a RPG... but given that a day is still only 24h and considering the market, this is definitely not a priority.

- The movie... We'll talk about it more whenever I manage to kidnap Peter Jackson.

2009 releases... As you've probably noticed the release of the past few waves have been a little hectic. I'll try to stick to the schedule more consistently in 2009, but even if we have one more sculptor we also have to sculpt stuff for various boardgames at Asmodée, so we don't gain that much sculpting time in the end. I'm thinking about modifying the release rhythm. The current idea (subject to changes from myself and from my bosses) would be to release two reinforcement boxes a month, therefore each faction would get a box every 3 month (since there will be 6 of them). Each faction would keep receiving the same number of reinforcements, and approximately the same kind of models.

For the international releases, the rulebook is translated in Italian, it's being finalized in Spanish. Boxes with cards in Italian and Spanish will be available next month. We are finalizing the English cards, I think they'll be available online this month. As for the English version of the rulebook... it is still complicated but we are progressing... even if very slowly.

That's about it. Don't get too excited, I'm telling you quite a few things that might very well change, but at least you'll have an idea of where we're going.'
« Dernière édition: Septembre 05, 2008, 22:08:48 par mathieu » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Septembre 05, 2008, 22:23:41 »

glad to be kept in the know. looks to be some interesting things coming out soon. cheers for posting  Grimaçant
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Septembre 07, 2008, 11:34:53 »

game and rulebook in spanish ...  that's good news for me ...  an  Assian faction...  more models ...  all good news ...  and who is the new sculptor?
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Septembre 07, 2008, 14:43:14 »

who is the new sculptor?
A former Rackham sculptor who worked on quite a few Infinity models.

Night Hunter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Septembre 07, 2008, 16:53:25 »

did this Rackham Sculptor happen to do the Asian series for the Goblins in Confrontation?
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Septembre 08, 2008, 09:00:56 »

Many thanks to Mathieu for his translation...

I saw one of the miniature this new sculptor made (Angelo).

To be fair I was worried to know a new scultor will be added to the existing team. I tought we would loose visual cohesion if his style was too much different. I was wrong. he did a fantastic job !
« Dernière édition: Septembre 08, 2008, 16:14:17 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Night Hunter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Septembre 08, 2008, 15:21:23 »

In their hayday, Rackham had some amazing sculptors- I can't wait to see his work- if you know of any of the Rackham sculpts he did please share!
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #7 le: Septembre 09, 2008, 00:07:50 »

Could it be Michael Bigaud? If so I'm a happy man. A great, dynamic sculptor.
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Septembre 09, 2008, 17:29:53 »

That is him indeed.
I couldn't list models he's done for Rackham for fear or making mistakes. The only one I know for sure off the top of my head is Isabeau.
As for Infinity there's a very nice thread in the English forums that attributes each model to its sculptor, so you can see here everything he did in this range.
And in addition you can see some of Mikh's work and former WIPs on his blog.
« Dernière édition: Septembre 09, 2008, 17:32:36 par mathieu » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Septembre 10, 2008, 22:49:33 »

So it is true ...   he is a good sculptor  for sure,   but I found some of his stuff a bit  off sometimes.  maybe Sci-fi was not his thing ...
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.