Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  English-language resources?
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: English-language resources?  (Lu 2732 fois)
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Août 22, 2008, 12:32:46 »

I realise this may be beating a dead horse, but any further word on the English translations?  The last I remember was "withing the next couple of months", but that was in February. 7 isa very generous definition of "couple", to put it mildly.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Août 22, 2008, 12:55:38 »

I appreciate there is still a real lack (EDIT: thanks Corto  Clin d'oeil) of translation regarding the specific rules like the recruitment cards, background or "terraformation" rules

But you have to admit it is changing as Asmodee is more and more introducing news in both languages...
 I will take as example the recent scenarii. They had been published on the official web site in English at the same time than the French versions.

Exception for the last one. Don't blame Asmodee. The fact is I was on holidays when Philippe asked me to produce the translation and so I started the job far after his request. It will be on line in September.

Also note I am working hard on the translation of the Chronicles of Zaebas 3 to allow English players to be part of this massive campaign.

« Dernière édition: Août 22, 2008, 13:20:48 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #2 le: Août 22, 2008, 13:19:19 »

There is no large surface of water, there is no lack either.   Clin d'oeil

The recruitment cards have been translated already a couple of times, and I have fully translated both the scenario rules and the terraformation ones Those translations have been with Asmodee for a second proof-reading for over a month now. It's a second proof-reading as I was working with a native English speaker (well Australian, but it's almost as good  Grimaçant) who corrected my translations already. Only the fluff needs to be translated now, so they could put online a pack with the full terraformation and rulebook scenarios, we have even offered our services to format it into a nice pdf if they give us the backgrounds and fonts.

Darth, if you need any help on Zaebas 3, let's split the workload, I have to run the campaign in Sydney so I was going to translate it anyway. pm me for an email address. Also, If you have not seen my terraformation translations (no formatting) I'll send it.

We really need to do something about the English translation fast or we will lose the English-speaking crowd and it would be a great shame.

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Août 22, 2008, 13:24:54 »

My e-mail adress is visible on my profile but I give it back to you
darth_swen AT Yahoo DOT fr

Now you mention it I think it is your documents my team of proofreaders is checking for Geof  Grimaçant

Please contact me for the Zaebas stuff, your english is far better than mine  Grimaçant Clin d'oeil

« Dernière édition: Août 22, 2008, 13:27:05 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Août 22, 2008, 16:43:53 »

Well, at least something's happening, if slower than I'd like. Sourire

I know there's fan-translations of the sta cards, but the Mercs aren't available, and the white boxes with the text on are ugly Triste Proper ones, with the modelt titles and weapon names also translated would be nice. Sourire
Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Août 28, 2008, 01:58:23 »

I've been MIA for AGES - I sort of hoped something would have come of this by now!
« Dernière édition: Août 28, 2008, 02:00:21 par Doctor-Warlock » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper . . .
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.