Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Rules
| | |-+  A few basic questions
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: A few basic questions  (Lu 4291 fois)
Hjelmen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Mars 14, 2008, 20:34:33 »

Hey hey!

So I had my few first games today, Westerners (me) vs. Saracens, and naturally we ran into some issues, which I couldn't find answers to with search.

• Sara Zingaresce's spell Immolate. How does it work? The translated card mentions Radiant & Obscured, but I can't find these in the pdf.
  • Difficult Terrain. Do you just pay CMD or does movement-rate decrease as in other games?
  • Shooting. If the attacker is behind a wall, then he cannot shoot at a target beyond the wall, because you cannot draw a line from the center of the attackers base to (any point of) the target?
  • Baptiste's Valet. Does his permanent aura affect friendlies?
  • Advanced Deployment special ability. How does it work?

Also my buddy asked me to ask about the official release of the english rulebook and statcards; is there any ETA yet?

I really loved the game(s), so Ihope you can help me out Sourire
~Hjelmen
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Fenris
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Mars 14, 2008, 20:52:28 »

1. Radiant = affected when a mini enter or touch the spell area, and the effect vanish when it exits (except for consumed effects). Obscured : block line of sight for shooting (not needed to engage ennemy characters)
2. You just pay 1 CMD when moving more than your initial move (run or charge), except if the mini have a special terrain ability (like strider), your move is unaffected.
3. that's right. Look through the eyes of your mini : if no part of the target is visible, the shoot isn't possible.
4. The Valet's aura affect allies and ennemies as well.
5. Advanced deployment X = You deploy all fighters with this abilitie after all others (without advanced deployment), and up to X inches from your initial starting area (defined by the scenario).
 Clin d'oeil
« Dernière édition: Mars 14, 2008, 20:59:49 par Fenris » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

l'Enfer est à un coup de hache de toi ! - Bran Carnoth -
Association du Jeu Fantastique de Versailles
Hjelmen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Mars 14, 2008, 21:05:39 »

Thanks alot for the answers, everything is coming together now Sourire

Just to make sure that I've got it right:
Citation
1. Radiant = affected when a mini enter or touch the spell area, and the effect vanish when it exits (except for consumed effects). Obscured : block line of sight for shooting (not needed to engage ennemy characters)
Ok, so if anyone moves through the area is affected by the effect (Consume (Fire 2/3))? > That's right !  Clin d'oeil

thanks again!
~Hjelmen
« Dernière édition: Mars 14, 2008, 22:23:58 par Fenris » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Invité
« Répondre #3 le: Mars 15, 2008, 02:10:53 »

Those were helpful questions, thanks for the answers.  Another note on terrain:

You have 3 types that I can see.  Difficult, Obscured, and Impassable.  Difficult doesn't require any change in movement, just an added command point to cross it.  Obscured just blocks line of sight.  And impassable, is well... impassable.  So are there any terrain types that do affect movement at all?  What about like rock walls and such?  Walls aren't really difficult terrain, but they aren't really impassable either are they?  I'm speaking of a wall that comes up waist high or a bit higher on a model and not too thick.
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Mars 15, 2008, 12:12:09 »

the use of a comand point  is more that enough  of a deterrant  IMHO.  if your terraformation phase go south and your opponent have lots of  model that are not  affected by  terrain and have plenty of scouts ( Egares/lost)  you will  understand  how percious are those CmD points 
Invité
« Répondre #5 le: Mars 15, 2008, 16:19:58 »

No i realize the importance of command points (though my buddy plays Lost, so the importance of terrain is... lost.. on him)  Souriant

I just don't know how to approach walls from a rules standpoint.  Can you just run over them using the 1 CMD penalty or are they more impassable where you have to go around them?
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Mars 15, 2008, 20:13:59 »

Hah!!! Souriant Souriant ..   it is clear in the french  and my spanish  translation
 ''impracticable''  any terrain piece  of height   2''  or more  are impracticable  meaning you can't stop or  cross them   (unless you have intangible ability )   also any piece of  impracticable  terrain  affect also the zone of control of models near them ...   don't know how to explain it properly     it go something like this

if model A have a ZC of  3'' but  he is in front of a impracticable  terrain piece (say a 2.5 inches  tall  wall ) his zone of control  stop at the wall
« Dernière édition: Mars 15, 2008, 20:20:58 par lapiaz » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Invité
« Répondre #7 le: Mars 15, 2008, 21:57:57 »

exactly what I was looking for, thanks Lapiaz!
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Mars 15, 2008, 23:07:27 »

anytime  Grimaçant
wollfe
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Juin 04, 2008, 03:24:49 »

• Sara Zingaresce's spell Immolate. How does it work? The translated card mentions Radiant & Obscured, but I can't find these in the pdf.

~Hjelmen

ok now my question is the card says create a round barrier with a radius of 3", lasting 3 turns etc etc - now is it a hollow area i.e. safe zone surrounded by an infinitesimly thin wall that deals damage/makes you consumed, or is it a circle of doom where everything within the area takes damamge/get consumed??

my thoughts are to go with the first idea, hollow safe zone surrounded by a ring of fire - but maybe thats wishful hoping on my part Sourire

thanks in advance[/list]
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Juin 04, 2008, 09:29:32 »

~Hjelmen

ok now my question is the card says create a round barrier with a radius of 3", lasting 3 turns etc etc - now is it a hollow area i.e. safe zone surrounded by an infinitesimly thin wall that deals damage/makes you consumed, or is it a circle of doom where everything within the area takes damamge/get consumed??

my thoughts are to go with the first idea, hollow safe zone surrounded by a ring of fire - but maybe thats wishful hoping on my part Sourire

thanks in advance[/list]

Circle of doom!

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
    Corto
    Pionniers
    Troupier
    Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #11 le: Juin 05, 2008, 04:08:16 »

The terrain element would be a disk (full) of the appropriate size, not a circle (empty).

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
    Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
    wollfe
    Lémure
    Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
    « Répondre #12 le: Juin 06, 2008, 02:02:10 »

thanks guys - its just the whole barrier thing that threw me  Choqué
    Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
    « sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
    Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
    Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.