Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Fantization.com & Hell Dorado
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Fantization.com & Hell Dorado  (Lu 4463 fois)
Ichiban
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Juillet 13, 2007, 01:37:48 »

A US-based online retailer, Fantization.com, is willing to carry the French language Hell Dorado products. They've contacted Asmodee France concerning the possibility. Would this be possible? I imagine Hell Dorado will sell better than expected despite being in French only at this time, especially with its English speaking players willing to help each other out with translations as well as the support shown on this very forum. The buzz surrounding this game is undeniable.

Confrontation's success in North America began in this manner when one retailer was allowed to import the French stuff.

Fantization Miniatures
Phone:  1-866-GET-FIGS Toll free in the US & CANADA
            (1-866-438-3447)
Local/ Intnatl./ Fax:  714-525-3211
Web:  http://www.fantization.com
E-Mail:  sales@fantization.com

Disclaimer: I am not a Fantization employee, just a fan!
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

How do you ask a man to be the last one to die for a mistake?
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juillet 13, 2007, 05:56:56 »

I second that this would be a good test of Hell Dorado's marketability in America. It worked with Rackham and New Wave back in the day. (Even though New Wave was not the best online retailer.) They sold French Rackham product faster than they could get it.

I'd also suggest letting Fantization host the fan translations of the rules and cards until the real things become available.

-Veritas
Kradlo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Juillet 13, 2007, 06:52:16 »

I was one of the people that bought Confrontation minis when French was the only version available, and New Wave was the only U.S. importer for the minis.  Even though New Wave was a miserable company with which to deal, the minis were too beautiful to pass up.

Fantization is much better than New Wave.  I'd heartily recommend using them, and expanding from there.
Brasidas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juillet 13, 2007, 18:13:04 »

I second that this would be a good test of Hell Dorado's marketability in America.
I third this suggestion.  Sourire

Show yourself a brave man, as a Spartiate should; and do you, allies, follow him like men, and remember that zeal, honor, and obedience mark the good soldier.

Thucydides 5.9.9
DennisJ
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Juillet 14, 2007, 03:54:44 »

I can't speak high enough about service from Fantization. Top notch and very dependable. I may have to hold off on my overseas order, just to support them Grimaçant
Gaixo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Juillet 17, 2007, 17:50:58 »

So is this not happening, or is it just that we won't know about it until they appear at Fantization?

There are reports on TTGN of shops in Montreal carrying HD, so I don't see why this couldn't work out.
Ichiban
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #6 le: Juillet 26, 2007, 14:17:40 »

Fantization.com is carrying Hell Dorado! All of the faction boxes, the French rulebook, and the next wave!

Brasidas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juillet 26, 2007, 17:14:20 »

Fantization.com is carrying Hell Dorado! All of the faction boxes, the French rulebook, and the next wave!
I just read that over at tabletopgamingnews, good news for us!  Sourire

Show yourself a brave man, as a Spartiate should; and do you, allies, follow him like men, and remember that zeal, honor, and obedience mark the good soldier.

Thucydides 5.9.9
mEdwards
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Juillet 26, 2007, 22:31:18 »

I just read that over at tabletopgamingnews, good news for us!  Sourire

I think it will be even better news though when they have stuff that we don't already have!! Grimaçant
Larkin Vain
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #9 le: Juillet 27, 2007, 05:37:05 »

Hi there. Thanks to TGN I'm here and very interested in Hell Dorado. Are there any unofficial English translation of the rules or even quick start type rules for those new to the game and planning to order them from Fantization? I found the starter set cards in English, but not too useful without rules Grimaçant

Ichiban
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #10 le: Juillet 27, 2007, 16:23:23 »

The rules were translated by some loyal fans, made available, and now they've been pulled to allow Asmodee to go over them for revision. The concern is to have consistency between these unofficial rules and what Asmodee does in the future. They should be back up soon.

Sikil
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Heretic

72969876 sikil@msn.com
Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Septembre 07, 2007, 22:18:08 »

[...]

Confrontation's success in North America began in this manner when one retailer was allowed to import the French stuff.

[...]

Allowed?

Isn't the free market active in the US?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he did not exsist."
- K. Söze
Larkin Vain
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #12 le: Septembre 10, 2007, 06:30:38 »

I don't think it wasn't about whether or not it was ok to bring them in, it was more about Rackham being willing to export them out.

Nathan the Wise
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Octobre 12, 2007, 02:55:08 »

There are reports on TTGN of shops in Montreal carrying HD, so I don't see why this couldn't work out.

Sorry to dredge up something this old, but is anyone aware of which shops in Montreal are carrying HD? Seeing this quote, I searched TTGN, and did a fairly thorough search of online sites for Montreal retailers, but couldn't find anything. I am in Canada, so something in Montreal would work out great for me.
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.