Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  First Game... more like a blood bath?
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: First Game... more like a blood bath?  (Lu 2794 fois)
Kangurello
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

#_#'

elcobrakun@hotmail.it
WWW Courriel
« le: Mars 18, 2008, 15:22:39 »

Hello everybody,
We made our first game here in Pistoia (Italy) and was... sooooo quick...
At the end of turn 5 only Bran survived in a game of 200 pts. against the Demons...

This posed a question: is this game really SO BRUTAL?Huh
I mean, when you activate a piece, you move and come into contact with an opponent you immediately resolve a "passe d'arme"/round of combat; this involves both pieces attacking each other simultaneusly.
Then another one comes into contact of the survivor and another combat immediately starts.
This will go on until every piece has been activated, and means that a fighter can partecipate more than 1 passe d'arme every turn.

In the specific:
my Grand Damne de la Colere is the first miniature to be activated on turn 2 and comes into contact with a Retiare.
They fight and (obiouvsly) the Retiare is slain and the Grand Damne survives with some point of damage.
On my opponent activation he moves a Squamate that comes into contact with the G.D.C. that can partecipate another passe d'arme.
Another combat where the Squamate dies and my Grand Damne is severely injuried.
I pass my turn and my opponent charges again the G.D.C. with another Retiare.
On the 3rd combat both the R. and the G.D.C. slay each other (as the damage application is simultaneous).   

Used to be a Confrontation (RIP) player, this "move-and-kill-get-charged-and-kill" correct or my French sucks and I completely misunderstood the rulebook???

hope some1 can help.

Also:
many "capacités speciales" should have a number (X) to indicate the bonus/malus to be applied.
When the number isn't indicated on the card, should I assume that counts as " 1 " ?
Or there is a misprint version of the early recruitment cards (I bought the minis in november among the first avaible in Italy)? 

Thx
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Alaster
Ambassadeur Infernal
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Call me "Master"

« Répondre #1 le: Mars 18, 2008, 16:00:46 »

Hello Kangurello and welcome in Hell  Grimaçant

First, your questions should better be in the English rules section  Clin d'oeil

Second, to answer you : YES Hell Dorado is a very hard, brutal, slaying game... that's why it's so funny also  Souriant
But, i think that the retiaire should have made your GDC down with its "grap" ability on 3 touches, no ? And then, the GDC shouldn't make the second "passe d'arme" on its mellée assault, and he should have been slayn early because of the penalties he should have received being "on the grown".

"Also section" Grimaçant
Yes, many "capacités spéciales" are named on the rule book as "Capacity name X". In these cases the "capacité spéciale" is considered as having "1" if no number is assigned.

again... welcome  Cool

- Tournois de l'AJFV
- "La démocratie je l'emmerde, ici vous êtes dans ma maison. Dans la rue vous faites comme vous le sentez, chez moi vous mettez les patins ou vous restez dehors" (Geof)
mzi
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Call it a hamster...

« Répondre #2 le: Mars 18, 2008, 16:10:58 »

Welcome!
This posed a question: is this game really SO BRUTAL?Huh
Yes it is! Combats are fast and deadly!
Citation
my Grand Damne de la Colere is the first miniature to be activated on turn 2 and comes into contact with a Retiare. [...]
The GDC is the most brutal mini in the game. Nevertheless, it is not always that efficient...
Citation
Used to be a Confrontation (RIP) player, this "move-and-kill-get-charged-and-kill" correct or my French sucks and I completely misunderstood the rulebook???
Have you read the part about scenarii and terraformation? Killing opponents is not the best way to win every game!
Citation
many "capacités speciales" should have a number (X) to indicate the bonus/malus to be applied. When the number isn't indicated on the card, should I assume that counts as " 1 " ?
Yes

BTW, there is an English speaking area in the forum

Lemminkäinen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Mars 20, 2008, 13:10:41 »

First of all, welcome!

The game is very fast and brutal, but with a bit of experience it slows down just a little bit as both players tend to use tactics more and not just blindly rush into a huge mass in the middle from which only one emerges victorius Tire la langue

Also, scenarios are pretty much mandatory and only then the true tactics start to emerge. Sourire
jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Mars 23, 2008, 16:24:42 »

Have any scenarios or rules concerning terrain been translated into English yet?  Thanks.
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.