Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  thinking of starting...need some advice
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: thinking of starting...need some advice  (Lu 3970 fois)
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Août 01, 2007, 20:44:34 »

hi all ive been thinking of starting this game since i saw the models but the lack of english rules and releases put me off. now they have been announced i think i may take the plunge.

based off what looks best i will proberly be playing demons and either westerners or saracens. now i dont know anything of the rules or how the game mechanics work, would someone in the know give me a rough idea of how things work, what size table to play on, how much scenery is needed, how many models are used, if it uses a points system and if so whats the average points used per side in a battle. any info at all really.

hopefully be seeing more of u. cheers

bork
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
mEdwards
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Août 01, 2007, 23:01:51 »

Welcome Bork!

From my experience, Hell Dorado's rules are a great blend of those used by Confrontation and War Machine. At the start of the game, a players domination is determined by adding the number of command points to the number of fighters in their army. The player with domination then decides which player plays first. The active player then activates one of their miniatures. When a miniature is activated, any and all actions the fighter can perform are resolved at this moment even melee. After the fighter is moved, it is now their opponents turn to activate a fighter. This continues until all miniatures are activated. It is possible to move two miniatures in a row by spending command points. This is the resource management aspect of the game. At the start of the game you calculate your command points. During the course of the game you can issue orders that either spend temporary or permanent command points. At the end of each turn, you recalculate your command. Permanent are gone for the game, temporary are gained back. Its a nice mechanic and its tempting to permanently burn all of your command points in the first turn.

A typical game is played on a 30"x30" area with 5" deployment zones on opposing sides. Also, a game size is 200 AP or the contents of your Starter Set. The first Reinforcements are all Officers and therefore will have to replace your officer and possibly another fighter to work them into your list since you're only allowed one officer in a 200 AP game.

It's a great game and an unofficial translation should be up for you to read. Clin d'oeil
Fenris
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Août 01, 2007, 23:06:22 »

hello first and welcome to HD community.

To play Hell Dorado, you need a 30x30 inches gaming table, divided in nine areas of 10x10 inches, determining control areas for scenarios usually.
you play a company composed of 200 points of models, wich means between 8 and 12 minis on the table. 200 points is the standard company size.
it's a skirmish game, so you play games during 30 min - 1 hour maximum for a standard 200pts game.
the game uses a system of terraformation, meaning you may use any types of terrains (the book is really full of example and special rules for each terrain types/modules), but you place a maximum of one terrain piece by control area (9 total).
you may use any type of gaming table, the terraformation sequence is not needed to play a game, but adds a lot of fun and stategy.

to start the game, you will find army boxes containing a 200 points army with leader and troops needed to play your first games.
reinforcment boxes, containing one or two characters, will be released two month by two month to complete in a first time all troops presented in the rule book.

hope that help in your future choices.  Clin d'oeil

ps : hit by mEdwards, but some informations are completing each other... thanks  Grimaçant
« Dernière édition: Août 01, 2007, 23:08:27 par Fenris » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

l'Enfer est à un coup de hache de toi ! - Bran Carnoth -
Association du Jeu Fantastique de Versailles
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Août 02, 2007, 04:58:34 »

It's a great game and an unofficial translation should be up for you to read. Clin d'oeil
Yes, there.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Août 02, 2007, 08:09:34 »

thanks for the responses, very useful and quite exciting TBH. im glad to hear its akin to confrontation and warmachine as i play conf as my main system and know the rules to warmachine/hordes too. from how u describe it its not all that differant from how CONF 3.0 plays with the activation of models. i should take to it easily enough. i'll give the rules a read through when i get home from work. cheers
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Août 06, 2007, 19:31:29 »

well there are major differences with Confrontation:

- no pre-ordered activation sequence, you may chose any fighter that has not yet been activated when it is your turn
- 1 model per card means you may only play one model before handing the lead to the opponent (with the important exception of Vae Soli which can only be used to activate a second model without rinse repeat effect)
- some orders possessed by some of your fighters can be triggered even if they have already been activated
- deployment is not sequential, you deploy all your models or force your opponent to do so if you have the domination (the scenario sometimes specifies who place models first instead).

Overall it's a lot more fluid than Confrontation, they both have their strength however.
« Dernière édition: Août 06, 2007, 19:34:18 par Rogue » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Août 07, 2007, 22:09:45 »

based off what looks best i will proberly be playing demons and either westerners or saracens.

Go for a human army.  As one of the few people I know wanting to play it`d be a shame for us to mirror play from the start.  I`ve already ordered mine too.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Août 07, 2007, 22:33:31 »

you know me better than that mate. when have i ever bought just one faction. demons are a must. i likes em a lot but i'll be getting saracens or westerners too. maybe both. if i get really into it proberly get the lot.  Grimaçant
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #8 le: Août 07, 2007, 22:39:38 »

... in fact with Bork interested I think Asmodee will have to revise their production numbers if the French public is to have any chance to actually see Reinforcement boxes on their LGS' shelves :-))
TGN-Grant
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Août 08, 2007, 10:13:59 »

Grimaçant

Knowing bork, that's very true  Tire la langue
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.