Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  First Game
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: First Game  (Lu 3291 fois)
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« le: Avril 16, 2008, 00:25:49 »

Decided tonight was a good night to break out the Demons and see what they can do.

My opponent for this fight was Flipper19, with him using the Sarassin starter and me using a mix of things I wanted to try.

It started off a little badly for me.  The lack of PR for the Demon models left me hurting if anything happened to glance in my direction.  Its belly rumbling, the Glutton legged up the right flank and attempted to eat the Genie hiding out in some rubble.  Not sure why.  That bugger can`t have tasted good.  Unfortunately, he never lived the tell the tale.  Poor thing.

Towards the centre of the table things took a better turn.  The strange lady ran at the enemy, shield held high and powered by fury.  Things were done.  People were slashed with stabby things and stabbed with slashy things.  It wasn`t pretty.  She eventually went down, much to the delight of the onlooking fighters*.  The damage was done though. 

Next to try his look was the Infernal Ambassador.  He seemed to be more in the mood for sorting out guided tours and passports (to HELL!!) rather than fighting though.  At seeing the many assorted sticks aimed at his head he decided to play dead and avoid the bloodshed.  Unfortunately, the Sarassins grasped what the wimp was doing and proceeded to give him a right good kicking.  He will be missed.

Following behind these two was the big boy himself, the Grand Damned of Wrath.  Everybody who stood up to him died.  Except for the last bloke.  He stuck a splinter into his foot.  Annoyed by the lack of combat etiquette the Grand Demon took his ball and went home. 

Foulques was a bit peturbed by this.  He`d been following the strategy of "hide behind the big scary demon" for a while.  With him gone he actually had to fight.  Luckily, he`d noticed a couple of lopped off limbs surrounding the dead body of the Succubus and decided to fashion himself some additional arms to butcher with.  With his great, for demons anyway, set of armour Foulques had no trouble with the enemy.  Sure, the odd limb got cut off but it was easy enough to quickly sew on the limbs he was severing from opponents.  Not many people can say they ended the battle with more arms than they started with.

All the while Asaliah was sat at the back summoning her pet Harboryms.  Lovely little things.  Lovely little exploding things.  The faithful Muslims seemed to be having trouble with them for some reason.  After the pesky little Panther was taken out of the picture the little blighters loved nothing more than running to the nearest faithful and taking them out of action.  Lovely things.  Lovely disturbing things.  Shame I couldn`t have more.

Towards the end of the battle most were getting tired.  The low PR of the Demons meant many were injured and near death.  The Sarassins weren`t doing much better.  Foulques had managed to smack some weedy little bloke riding on somebodies shoulders.  Asaliah was holding her own, slowing down the oncoming Genie and Hashashin.  Luckily, it was at this point that the Demon of Sloth had managed to catch up with everybody else.  Bemoaning the fact that we weren`t playing a scenario where you had to defend something in your deployment zone he`d been scuttling up the board at a snails pace.  He reached the ensuing melee just in time.  Asaliah, noticing one of her followers was close, took the opportunity to hide as much as possible.  Everytime the enemy tried to strike her they hit the Sloth instead.  Poor thing.

Eventually it fell, as did Asaliah.  Luckily so did the Hashashin.  Looking at each other over the corpse filled battlefield Foulques and the Genie made eye contact.  Who would win in the final combat?  Who would provide victory for their side against all odds ?  Deciding that neither of them actually cared about that they both went home and had a cup of tea.

Notes :
Weapons have abilities too.  Learn them.
Grand Demons of Wrath are the dirt.  Buy another.
Foulques seems to heal himself at a similar rate as he`s injured.  This is a Good Thing.
Damned Sloths are too damned slow.  Seriously.  Don`t even bother.
PR is good.  Annoyingly good.  Take ways to get around them.  Possibly buy some Westerners in heavy armour too.
If any bloke can get somebody to carry him to battle, kill him.  He undoubtedly has a power that will annoy you.
Bring translations and tokens. 
Don`t roll 7 dice for 7 CBT.  The game doesn`t work like that.
Don`t use UKCord dice for things that matter.
« Dernière édition: Avril 16, 2008, 00:29:38 par Dogmeat » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Avril 16, 2008, 02:23:49 »

Excellent report!  I had a lot of fun reading this.

Does the advanced deployment for the demons of sloth offset their low speed?
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Avril 16, 2008, 09:24:33 »

Excellent report!  I had a lot of fun reading this.

Does the advanced deployment for the demons of sloth offset their low speed?

Not really.   Pleurs

They`re just too slow to respond to the enemy.  I could definately see their use holding position in your deployment area as they just don`t die.  In a kill-all game he stumbled painfully behind.

AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Avril 16, 2008, 09:33:48 »

Well, you did better against the Demons than I did last night (starter set vsa starter set). Poor use of the Hashishim and the panther got them stranded on the flank, covered by a choking cloud from Asaliah, and killed by a demon of anger and of sloth, and an Infernal Ambassador. On the other flank, all my Sacred Warriors got an embarrasing doing from Demons of sloth of all things, and Asaliah legged it for my deployment zone to win the fight, as the Djinn chased after her. not sure what he was up to, since he didn't do any damage.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Avril 16, 2008, 09:35:31 »

In the game we played, they were still pretty useful. OK, they're slow, but they can still run 4" per turn. It slows the entire advance, but my opponent advanced behind them for two turns or so, lured my guys into combat with them, and then advanced the demons of anger and succubus and infernal ambassador through the line to beat me up.
Flipper19
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Avril 16, 2008, 14:45:49 »

When dogmeat said "Grand Demons of Wrath are the dirt.  Buy another." he was not lying, as it was we played it wrong.  So my Morgan Freeman's would have all been that much flatter in a few moments less.  I really need the lancers rules to be translated as he seem like my only hope to stop that thing.

But all in all a damn good hour spent killing things.
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Avril 16, 2008, 15:13:29 »

Mmm ...  that Lancer might be just what you need.  Burn 2 CMD on the Sting and 2CMD on Vae Victis and he`s upto CBT 11. 

He`s a monster!

Might want to look at the Alchemist too.  He has a bomb thing that blows a model back by 10" as long as the same is done to one of yours.  Great for breaking things out of combat.

------

Lancer
Orders
Celerity of the ourébi (Passive - 2 CMD)
The Lancer gets +1 DPT and +1 DEF (max 5) until the end of the turn.

Sting of the scorpion (Passive - 1 CMD)
The Lancer gets +2 CBT until the end of the turn. This order may not be used more than twice per activation.

Wall of blades (Active - 2 CMD)
The Lancer gets the Opportunity Strike/3 ability and a DEF of 6 until the end of the turn.

jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Avril 16, 2008, 17:00:34 »

Wow, Lancer is REALLY nasty.  I'm glad I picked him up.
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Avril 16, 2008, 17:31:47 »

hes a truly flexible fighter, all out attack or defense and he's pretty damm amazing at both, he can throw out some hefty amounts of dice as he can use sting of the scorpion twice in one activation for +4 CBT dice. mmm
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.