Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  hi! some questions for starters!
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: hi! some questions for starters!  (Lu 3208 fois)
estro_pajo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Novembre 12, 2007, 00:58:34 »

Ok, I'm a heavy gamer and painter and I'd love to get into Hell Dorado, but I need to make my first step wisely, because if I'll choose a faction that it's gameplay doesn't suit me I won't buy all the other boxes later on (yup, when I play somethng I like I wan it ALL  Roulement des yeux )

Can anyone enlighten me in the matter of what every distinct faction represents? I seem to grasp the basic principals of the game, now I just want to know something more about the playstyle.
What are the LOST like?  Tough and slow?
How do Saracens play? Are they weak, but with nasty tricks and combos?
Do demons rely mostly on magic? Do they have hitting power?
Do the westeners have any spells? are they kinda shooty or what?
etc etc etc

I need to know what am I getting into, you know...

Uh, and I have one complaint - Asmodee, if you're listening, I don't think you'll get much attention outside french speaking countries if you don't even have a real english website nor real forum. Everything here is in french - I'm polish and it's a real kerfuffle to navigate through all that...I barely got this far... The thing is you've got all the great models and a fanastic idea, but we don't know anything about the actual game.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Lemminkäinen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Novembre 12, 2007, 09:51:49 »

Ok, I'm a heavy gamer and painter and I'd love to get into Hell Dorado, but I need to make my first step wisely, because if I'll choose a faction that it's gameplay doesn't suit me I won't buy all the other boxes later on (yup, when I play somethng I like I wan it ALL  Roulement des yeux )

Can anyone enlighten me in the matter of what every distinct faction represents? I seem to grasp the basic principals of the game, now I just want to know something more about the playstyle.
What are the LOST like?  Tough and slow?
How do Saracens play? Are they weak, but with nasty tricks and combos?
Do demons rely mostly on magic? Do they have hitting power?
Do the westeners have any spells? are they kinda shooty or what?
etc etc etc

I need to know what am I getting into, you know...
Hi and welcome to the forums, estro_pajo!

I'm most familiar with Demons, so I'll start with them. They don't shoot at all and have very, very few troops with PR (protection = armour that is) but they make up by having lots of health and not getting injury modifiers. In other words, they succumb to steady attrition, but don't lose effectivity along the way. They also have multiple ways of healing themselves. As far as hitting power goes, they are about average or slightly above. Not bad at all. Asaliah, the angel in the starter box, relies on magic, but other than that they aren't especially magic reliant.

The Lost are powerhouses. Costly pointswise, they hit very hard and can take a fair amount of hitting in return. They aren't slow, but did I already mention that they hit extremely hard? Because they do.

Saracens are sort of weak individually, but they excel in nasty combos and have great synergy between different fighters. They are also very versatile and can be tailored to nearly any role.

Finally, the Westerners are shooty and have lots of armour. Especially the starter box is extremely shooty. They also have quite a lot of mystical oomph, but if you get through their armour they are quite fragile.

Hopefully that was of some help Sourire

Citation
Uh, and I have one complaint - Asmodee, if you're listening, I don't think you'll get much attention outside french speaking countries if you don't even have a real english website nor real forum. Everything here is in french - I'm polish and it's a real kerfuffle to navigate through all that...I barely got this far... The thing is you've got all the great models and a fanastic idea, but we don't know anything about the actual game.
I'm sure that once they get the English edition of the rulebook out, they will set up a proper English web site also Sourire
estro_pajo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Novembre 12, 2007, 17:27:39 »

Thanks, that has cleared my mind a bit!
I think I'll stick with my primary selection - THE LOST. If the rumor that the new big mouthy deamon with huge tounge is for theire faction I have no second thoughts!
Jalikoud
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Lapin Halal

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Novembre 12, 2007, 23:02:19 »

In order to help you to confirm your choice, here are a small description of all Losts References :

Officers :

Bran Carnoth : Biggest Brawler of the game, very hardy, but very few CMD points. Once per game, he can blow his warcry, with devastating effect.

Isha Akshay : a Squamata warlord. It's a better tactician than Bran.

Etruscilla : A sneaky stryga, Etruscilla plunge the whole table into darkness.

Independants :

The Abyss Maw : http://helldorado.fr/factions/les-egares/gueule-des-abysses/index.php

The Brooding : A semi-sentient colony of giant scavenger worms.

Isha Akshay : Squamata War Priest. Can heal his friend and help them to do more damage with theirs their Shakram.

Veronus, Corvus Praetorian ( a Corvus Champion, can reduce ennemies DEF, making them easier to hit).

Squamata Spitter : A squamata which can hurl a spray of acid or a great bubble of droll ( slow ennemy).

Troopers :

Slinger and " Worm Bearer" : you'll see ^^. Quite gruesome.

Hell Fang : a two headed "dog", which enjoy hunting Lemures.

Squamata Warriors : Capable warriors, Squamatas warriors hits incredibly hard !!!

Corvus Harrier : Feeble cackling human/bird creature. They can creeple ennemies with ease, but are not particularly good at killing them, except if their opponent is harmless or helpless.

Squamata Trakers : Not as hulking as their cousins, the Warriors, these sneaky creatures are master of embush. They love poisoned javelins. Clin d'oeil

Retiarus : Slow, but very hardy, the Retiarii can boost allies Armor and give a serious beating to the enemy.

Most of Lost miniatures are Pathfinder : they don't care about Rough terrain.
« Dernière édition: Novembre 13, 2007, 21:17:56 par Jalikoud » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Lemminkäinen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Novembre 13, 2007, 07:45:23 »

If the rumor that the new big mouthy deamon with huge tounge is for theire faction I have no second thoughts!
That's a Demon, a Damned of Gluttony (after he has swallowed someone - there is a skinny version also).
estro_pajo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Novembre 13, 2007, 14:52:57 »

that's so great!
thank you so much guys!

Does anyone has any information on the other 3 factions - demons, saracens or westeners?
In my area there's a huge demand for HD and I'm trying to gather some information so we could finally place our order in online store somewhere in europe...
At this point we know we want HD and we like the models, we just need to decide which factions we'd like to play (most of us are hardcore gamers or gamers and hardcore painters - any which way we have a lot of expirience in tt wargaming and everyone has a favourite playstyle...)
When it comes to me I actually am quite flexible because in every faction there's something I like (in WM/H I play Cygnar,Khador,Orboros and Legion and n Wh40k CSM and DE - pretty versatile right? Clin d'oeil ) so I probably shall wait and see what everyone will buy and I'll take what is the least popular. Except for the Saracens maybe - too many guys with scimtars  Roulement des yeux
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Novembre 13, 2007, 21:07:58 »

this may help you http://www.gloryandcoin.com/?page_id=337

sarracens and westeners  they work better  if  you  follow some kind of cordination between  your troopers and the  independent  with  nice auras or orders ....  also  they really need  the  Comand points for  some nifty orders ...  Bruteu  become  a real good close combat fifgther  but it will cost you 3 CMD permanent ....

Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.