Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  video Interview posted from Gencon
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: video Interview posted from Gencon  (Lu 3537 fois)
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Avril 27, 2008, 03:21:14 »

interesting stuff. new faction next year: Indo-oriental made up of humans and demons (that's the one referred to so far a Bhoudist). Also a new Lost subfactions based on monkey-men as part of new references for existing factions. Geoff touched on possibility of pre-columbian faction at a later stage.

Starter boxes confirmed to remain as currently (no change of content in the foreseeable future) but there will be alternative sculpts of some Independents that could until now only be found in them:

- Hashishin
- Bretteur
- Succube
- Retaire

... these will be released after the last wave of the first book so presumably first quarter of next year.

last is a bad news with wave 6 postponed to August instead of June. wave 7 will see the last Lost references and 4 bozes of Mercenaries (around Oct/Nov). That means that all the references from the first book should be out by the end of the year.
« Dernière édition: Avril 27, 2008, 03:32:55 par Rogue » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Avril 27, 2008, 07:26:25 »

thing I dont' like is Characters dying ....  if the interview  is right  no so keen on the same character getting upgrades ...  but  i can live with that ...
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Avril 27, 2008, 10:25:02 »

Why, what's the problem there? They're advancing the storyline, rather than the game being permanently stuck in the same time period.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Avril 27, 2008, 13:34:06 »

Presumably there'd be nothing stopping you using the dead/pre-advanced character in friendly games anyway (unless your friends are really anal). I think it's quite cool that the gamers will have an effect on the storyline/models, makes you feel like less of a walking wallet. I also like the idea of certain units becoming available for other factions depending on the outcome (Mouth of the Abyss for Demons PLEASE!)
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Avril 27, 2008, 17:25:45 »

please don't  get me wrong
  I don't mind  advancing the storyline or the new models  I just get attached to the existing one to much  and get a bit dissapointed when  they die Grimaçant

but I hope Vargas is the first one to go  as  he can barely  survive on his own 
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Avril 27, 2008, 18:15:11 »

... he'll probably die of boredom on the back bench (does anyone really uses him?) ;-)
gangreen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Avril 27, 2008, 19:31:53 »

i actually like the idea of characters dying, this will stop players becoming stuck in a rut and playing the same lists over and over because its safe, you see this a lot in warmachine/hordes. It will give us more challenges and make the game more interesting.
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Avril 27, 2008, 22:06:09 »

well the thing is this game have  not that many characters  3 oficers per army   so in a tournament you are bound to face  a lot of safe lists  as it is not much you can do at the moment ...  and if  they start dying....   I  think next year  we will see more  of this ...

uniques independent, there  are a few of them  for every army ...   will be sad to see  some of them go  or jump ship .... .

but  i hope new  ones  will be created  and more stuff is added to the universe ...   .. they need to  make a profit  after  all
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Avril 27, 2008, 23:30:00 »

Killing off characters, or even advancing them, won't magically styop people using the old ones (unless the tournament rues do so, for some wierd reason). After all, you can still use the Eltharion on Griffon model in Warhammer, even though his character has moved on, oor the 1st Incarnations of various Confrontation characters, or non-Epic Warcasters in Warmachine ...
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #9 le: Avril 27, 2008, 23:37:31 »

I think it's quite clear that Asmodée backed tournaments will totally impose the background storyline and that army composition will need to fit the campaign set up. That's not even in question at this stage: this WILL be the case.

... that's not to displease me to be honest but I think we need to be quite clear on the matter: some minis are bound to be relegated to your display shelf (whether your friends allow them in friendlies depends on who you play with).
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Avril 27, 2008, 23:48:31 »

Killing off characters, or even advancing them, won't magically styop people using the old ones (unless the tournament rues do so, for some wierd reason). After all, you can still use the Eltharion on Griffon model in Warhammer, even though his character has moved on, oor the 1st Incarnations of various Confrontation characters, or non-Epic Warcasters in Warmachine ...
Hell Dorado is different in that respect though. As Geof states here, you will always be able to use an older profile in friendly games, but in official tournaments only the more recent profile will be accepted. Each tournament season results will have an influence on the evolution of the storyline, and of some profiles, as well as on the future advantage cards (cd interview on TGN), so it makes no sense to play an old profile in a tourney that's been designed with the evolved version in mind.

EDIT after Rogues' comment:
On the other hand, miniatures will ALWAYS be playable in tournament settings. If there's a new version of a model, you will have to play the new profile indeed, but you will still be free to use the old pewter model (ref. post by Geof)
« Dernière édition: Avril 28, 2008, 00:08:36 par mathieu » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #11 le: Avril 28, 2008, 01:32:48 »

yes that's right but if they do die (as suggested in interview) I suspect you can only use them as scenery in the middle of the battlefield... the head well severed from the body ;-)
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.