Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Wave 5 Box Sets
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Wave 5 Box Sets  (Lu 7787 fois)
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Mars 28, 2008, 11:58:01 »

aye and i remember just how much luck i had with my goblin fanatics, all the more reason to steer clear  Souriant

Ahh ...  brings back memories.

When they work they work well.  When they don`t your entire army crumbles to the weight of two goblins with big balls.

Hang on, that doesn`t sound right.

We do *need* some random demon action going on.  Get some (neutral) wild animals that roam the board biting and snapping at whoever comes close.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Mars 28, 2008, 14:07:46 »

i think thats what the terraformation rules will be for the terrain will be trying to eat us i dont think we need wild animals trying to do the same too.  Grimaçant
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #17 le: Mars 28, 2008, 14:59:19 »

I'm still trying to think of a better translation for "squamates" than simply "lizardmen".
"Squamata" is an English word. And it is broad enough to explain the various appearances within the race.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #18 le: Mars 28, 2008, 15:33:13 »

funny thing  is that in the book the dibukin  entry  they don't get wound penalty , but the card  show that they get wounded quite fast ...  still they are  a good  frontliners for the sarracen...  mix them with a panther or two

the model of vanity look quite close to his art work  in the book 
« Dernière édition: Mars 28, 2008, 15:44:43 par lapiaz » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #19 le: Mars 28, 2008, 16:15:42 »

the card and painted version is up for gandering on the website now. wounded quickly but their stats dont suffer because of it. i assume its just to reflect their berserker status.
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Mars 28, 2008, 16:54:20 »

Yes, when the model is Wounded it enters the Bersek state which cancels wound penalties.

lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #21 le: Mars 28, 2008, 17:09:13 »

gotcha  now I get it ...  waiting on the  Inquisitor model  it will make a good  combo with the misioner  and the  breteurs
Invité
« Répondre #22 le: Mars 28, 2008, 17:15:38 »

I'm still trying to think of a better translation for "squamates" than simply "lizardmen".

Squamata would be the english version, as its the word for the scientific order of all recent reptiles.  We use that word for the most part
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #23 le: Mars 29, 2008, 00:04:34 »

Yeah, I'd seen that (on Wikipedia, of all paces). I was just wondering if there was something a little less obscure Sourire
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #24 le: Mars 29, 2008, 15:09:43 »

To be fair it's obscure in French as well Clin d'oeil. I think it makes it more flavorful that they picked words that are not obvious to everyone but that have exactly the meaning they want to convey. For example I assume I'm not the only who didn't know the meaning of 'Margrave' (for Georg) or 'Draba' (for Sara).

Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #25 le: Mars 31, 2008, 16:00:50 »

To be fair it's obscure in French as well Clin d'oeil. I think it makes it more flavorful that they picked words that are not obvious to everyone but that have exactly the meaning they want to convey. For example I assume I'm not the only who didn't know the meaning of 'Margrave' (for Georg) or 'Draba' (for Sara).

I got no clue, please share. Sourire
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Mars 31, 2008, 22:01:06 »

margrave is german ,right Huh thik is something to do with  controling land  or beeing in charge  of it ...

Draba ...  or one of the  hundres diferent plants ...  or the famous  gladiator Huh?
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #27 le: Mars 31, 2008, 23:47:02 »

Margrave is actually in English dictionaries. To quote the Oxford American dictionary, it is the 'hereditary title of some princes of the Holy Roman Empire', and it comes from the Middle Dutch markgrave which is a 'count of a border territory'.

A draba would be a Gypsy spell, charm or amulet (depending on where you look at) in Romany, and a drabarni is a fortune-teller. Might be a spelling mistake, or it could be that in another language the draba is the caster rather than the spell... Either way it fits very well the Gypsy look of Sara.

Prince-Turhan
Invité
« Répondre #28 le: Avril 12, 2008, 02:09:18 »

Aw crap, looks like I'm going to be broke forever Lol Sourire
Pages: 1 [2] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.