Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  2 games played - my impressions
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: 2 games played - my impressions  (Lu 3809 fois)
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Avril 22, 2008, 11:45:14 »

managed to get two games in this week (first ive played of any game since the Open) and really enjoyed myself. both games i took control of my demons (practice for this weekend) whilst my friend used my saracens. both more or less used the starter box with one or two extras.

the first game was more about finding my feet than anything, getting used to NOT playing confrontation is difficult and i had trouble remembering things like Zones of control and command point management. the abilities need a bit of practice to get used to as some are fairly complicated but by the end of the game i had a good feel for how each model worked and what hes best doing during a game. the demons won but it was close, i really felt the pinch of having no PR whatsoever and took wounds pretty heavily in every combat, asaliah was critical in keeping my force afloat managing to heal the majority of my force on deaths door by 8 LP in a instant. very cool ability and turned things around for me. the succubus and grand dammed of wrath are just filthy and they more or less carved through the saracens heavy hitters. i was also pleasantly surprised by how good the dammed of wrath are aswell, i kept them close to asaliah or succubus to benefit from their charisma ability and for 14ap 5 CBT dice and no charge penalty is pretty nice indeed, they did great work chopping up his grunts/hashishin and badly wounding nazir. i wasnt impressed with the dammed of sloth at all. very slow and close to the enemy they became throwing knife magnets and took a fair few wounds early on. in combat they stuck around for a bit and forced the saracens to make a round about trip to get at me but they were both dead by the end of turn 2. they served a small purpose but i think i'll be dropping the pair of them for the black freak. i took a few casualties in the end would have taken alot more if not for asaliah (samael would work in a similar way but it may need him to die to get the same effects)

2nd game was alot better and alot more fluid. i got lucky and rolled very well whilst my opponant did the opposite, almost every combat was ending in a wounded or dead saracen. grand dammed of wrath shined killing nazir the djinn and the pillar of faith taking a smattering of wounds for his trouble. i remembered to use asaliahs spells and aura this game too which helped a bit, casting possesion on his hashishin who was about to shadow walk his way into combat with asaliah and no doubt cut her up a treat and casting believers plague on the lancer to finish what the succubus started. my dammed of greed ate up the alchemist, took a battering, digested him, healed, slimmed down, ate a sacred warrior and got fat, took another battering, digested and healed. very fun model to use and if you aim for the low LP models you can go on and on.

things i need to improve:

the list i used needs altering, sloths are out and black freak is in. im lothe to double up on minis but a 2nd grand wrath or succubus would be a fine thing indeed. the saracen list needs something to make it competative, it lacked punch and staying power. nazir isnt all that great on the table, his order is useful once during a game, im thinking tarik needs to come out and play, the army needs a powerhouse and he'll do nicely. the alchemist is slow and tended to die far too quickly in every game, he got 1 shot off in both games but missed so i didnt get to see how his granades would work. he may be on the subs bench for some dibbukim...

overall it was an ace game. fast and fluid but not a no brainer nor brain taxing like conf can be. learnt alot and i cant wait to play on saturday.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Avril 22, 2008, 16:17:42 »

Thanks for the battle report, sounded like some exciting games.  The Black Freak's life drain ability is very nice.  I keep hearing the same thing about the Damned of Sloths.  Maybe a Great damned of sloth in the future will boost them.
Invité
« Répondre #2 le: Avril 22, 2008, 16:27:36 »

Good stuff bork!  I'll have to disagree with your assessment of Nazir though as I play Saracens.  Nazir should never get into a fight unless it's his only option.  He is there purely to boost models.  His DEF boost is a first turn order that can completely change the game and make your opponent totally rework his strategy when his first combat is going to be hitting these guys on 5's and 6's.  His Charisma is a bonus.  He is a great healer!  And in a pinch, he can be a support model that can somewhat handle himself in combat especially if he shares his base with a Pillar for a some Protection bonus.  For 38 points, I think he's one of the best officers in the game, definatley the best Saracen officer as Tarik's pricetag really limits what you can include though he is a martial powerhouse.  They are two different styles as Nazir waits to get in combat where Tarik craves it.  Keep trying Nazir and use him in a support role as much as you can.  Also remember how well he couples with Chams as the Djinn can protect from ranged attacks while those DEF bonuses get much closer to close combat where they can get some damage done.  Saracen is all about the group working together and is very non supportive of individuals
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Avril 22, 2008, 16:54:01 »

i'll take your advice and keep trying him out. at the moment im not too sharp on the rules so its pretty much straight up killing each other at the moment til i get the hang of it. the saracens do need to run in harmony with each other to get the best out of them. he was useful just he didnt wow me and me killing him pretty quick in both games didnt improve the opinion i guess. chams was superb though and i dont think he'll ever see the subs bench in my army lists. Sourire
jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Avril 22, 2008, 18:22:26 »

Do people ever try to play a Tarik "assassination" strategy by getting the win through blood of kings?
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Avril 22, 2008, 20:50:58 »

I tried Tarik out on the weekend and may again tonight.  He went up against Bran and got beat.  only due to the fact that on the last exchange I botched the dice roll.  But he does limit what you pu in your lists.  I'll definately be trying out my Berber Hunters tonight.
Invité
« Répondre #6 le: Avril 23, 2008, 01:25:23 »

I tried Tarik out on the weekend and may again tonight.  He went up against Bran and got beat.  only due to the fact that on the last exchange I botched the dice roll.  But he does limit what you pu in your lists.  I'll definately be trying out my Berber Hunters tonight.

Tarik's Blood of the Kings are good and bad.  It's awesome to win that way, it's bad to divert all your attention in trying to win that way sometimes. 

Berbers are great, but i hate thier reload time  Sourire
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #7 le: Avril 23, 2008, 08:07:48 »

Yeah, I just tried them out this evening.  Shooting once and then not being able to for two full turns?  Ouch.  At least the Westerners are no better.
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Avril 23, 2008, 09:53:05 »

Do people ever try to play a Tarik "assassination" strategy by getting the win through blood of kings?

I wonder how that`d work in a tournament game ....

You`d "win" but the other player could easily get more scenario points than you, classing it as a win for him.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #9 le: Avril 24, 2008, 02:01:01 »

With blood of kings, you get the win, tournament or not. It was even specified that it's a decisive victory for tournaments using victory levels.

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Avril 24, 2008, 09:19:13 »

westener are better shooters as long you include  Saint james  and have a chance of using you order to reload the guns  will help you only once   but is better than nothing .
Lemminkäinen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Avril 27, 2008, 11:40:37 »

Glad you had fun!

Funnily enough my opinions on the lesser Wraths and Sloths is completely opposite. I love the Sloths and the trio I take are constantly a crucial part of my tactics. The Attraction/3 is pure genious and they are simply awesome tarpits against anything that doesn't do a ton of damage (like Tarik, for example). Meanwhile the lesser Wraths tend to be one-hit wonders as they are rather easy to kill if the opponent puts even a little Vae Victis on the line.

As I have yet to lose a game, so I must be doing something right, but it probably depends a whole lot on your opponent's tactics as well as your own.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #12 le: Avril 27, 2008, 13:21:23 »

I agree, the damned of sloth are excellent! Some of the best living barricades I've ever come across in a game. With 18 wounds they'll tie up almost anything for two turns (use asaliah unique order to make it three sometimes!) One or two of these guys advancing (very slowly) in front of a group of models essentially creates a 6" buffer zone in front of them.  Don't expect them to do anything other than slowly die but they can be a right pain for your opponant. (one of mine once killed a sanctified warrior, but that's about as good as it gets). Just make sure you've got enough heavy hitters to make up for the 13-39pts you'll be using up for them though.
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.