Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester Hell Dorado 3rd Tournament with “La Voyageuse 1635” … 28th June 2008
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Manchester Hell Dorado 3rd Tournament with “La Voyageuse 1635” … 28th June 2008  (Lu 7982 fois)
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #30 le: Juin 30, 2008, 10:19:25 »

On a seperate note as there was only 8 of use there and this was the second tourney in a week, i think we need to look at changing how these things are done. Maybe only tourney a month and alternate between Milton kenyes and Manchester, this would avoid over kill and maybe increase numbers. As i know from experience getting to 2 tourneys in a month uses up alot of spare time and money.

Let me know what you think, Thanks Jeff

Not too sure about that.  Milton Keynes is a loooong trek.  I`ll attend any at Manchester (or nearish) but otherwise its a long way to go.  I`d rather see both places have independant tournaments every month.  Then every now and then people can travel to the other for a team challenge or something.

The biggest hurdle is getting more players in, rather than having a handful of national players.

Personally, I thought the numbers were ok.  I`ve been to big tournaments before and it always feels kinda wasted.  You only get three games afterall so you only need four people to play.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #31 le: Juin 30, 2008, 18:20:56 »

troopers arnt worthless but there not far off in alot of cases. there are some very useful ones. demons of sloth for example. 12 ap for 18 wounds = nice. grenadiers are far from worthless either they kicked my ass in the last game. troopers seem to be all or nothing but if you have the points spare and cant fit in an independant then thats really what they're there for.
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #32 le: Juillet 01, 2008, 04:07:28 »

Troopers are extremely useful, if somewhat difficult to use.

They will make the difference in several scenarios, provided you don't use them as suicide bunnies, but as support/object carriers/annoying satellites that contest control, ... Send them against a big independent to die uselessly and you have wasted points. Force your opponent to run after one with one of his big independents while you fulfill the mission objectives with another one and you have wisely used those points, even if both died and neither did damage.

That's it, I just wanted to jump in a stir things up.
muhahahahaha  Clin d'oeil

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Tobyn
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #33 le: Juillet 01, 2008, 10:52:48 »

i think that some factions troops are easier to use than others, its just some are not as obvious and therefore seem crap if you dont use them right.

For example the santified warriors are good if you get the boost from Nazir and only throw them against something in combat with one of your guys already. Make sure you dont run and try be within Charisma range this way your looking at 6 dice and DEF5 with a ARM 3. Plus against low CBT or Damage charts they can tie things up because of the high ARM. I do agree that most of the time you would rather have a pillar with daggers rather than 2 santified warriors though.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #34 le: Juillet 23, 2008, 13:29:18 »

The only troopers I've used for Westerners are Arqubusiers, who are rubbish! And dopplesoldiers, who are serious mincing machines and handy bodyguards, well worth the 18pts - I'd never leave home without them, except maybe if I'm going the all-papiste route to get all those lovely bonuses they're so fond of.

For Demons, Sloth are a must. Wrath are ok, they can certainly dish out the damage but they won't survive for long once in combat. Never played a scenario before but I'd imagine they're speed would come in handy there. Gluttony is great if you can support him after he's chowed down on some pillars Souriant With cbt5 and some bonuses he could probably get his 3 hits needed on any small based model which takes them out the game for at least a bit. If you're lucky enough to eat an officer and can protect fat bloke after, the game's in the bag. Gluttony with some sloth nearby can be very annoying for your opponant! (isn't that right Andy? Hee hee) Pride can save him a bit too, luring some upstart hard bloke away from your precious blob.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. 2008.