Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  sarrassin tactics/builds
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: sarrassin tactics/builds  (Lu 6603 fois)
wollfe
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Juin 09, 2008, 16:20:26 »

rather than hijack the other post thought i'd put one up for sarrassins

so basically i was playing my sarrassins vs my mates westeners and to put it simply i was whooped

it was the two starter sets as thats all we had at the time - i currently own the entire sarrassin range now Sourire

basically i found that the westeners sat back shot at me, then set my guys on fire and basically i died

all advice, thoughts, ideas welcomed
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juin 09, 2008, 16:27:53 »

so basically i was playing my sarrassins vs my mates westeners and to put it simply i was whooped

it was the two starter sets as thats all we had at the time - i currently own the entire sarrassin range now Sourire

basically i found that the westeners sat back shot at me, then set my guys on fire and basically i died

Remember that the Westerners take ages to reload.   Grimaçant

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
g
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Juin 09, 2008, 16:31:50 »

You do realise that djinn prevents the shooters shooting anyone within 4" of him?
Also i'd use the cat to kill the gypsie girl and remember to only use the sancitified warriors in combats that you've already got people in and after the old mans order.
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #3 le: Juin 09, 2008, 17:23:26 »

Remember that the Westerners take ages to reload.   Grimaçant

So do the Berbers.  But the Westerners have a couple Auras/Orders that can reduse their reloading time.

The Hashishan is a great way to deal with Sara, and use the Panther for hunting the Lemures, as that's what he's best at.  Pair them up for a a good hunting duo.

If you've got them, swapping in a Berber or two is an option, but remember, reloading takes 2 full turns of doing nothing.  Not even moving, IIRC.

Keep Nazir back, and use him to heal guys as you advance.  I tend to advance him slowly behind a Pillar or two, and keep Chams close by for the no shooting within 4", remeber all his Auras are "on".

« Dernière édition: Juin 09, 2008, 17:28:33 par Breten » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Junkenstein
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Juin 09, 2008, 22:54:37 »

Hang on - I can have all 3 auras running at once? I thought it was one at a time. That changes stuff!
Junkenstein
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juin 09, 2008, 23:01:45 »

Also, my thoughts after 1 game. The Assassin is awsome, especially if you can keep healing him. I kept him in wood for ages and the threat of him locked my opponent down on that side. I then used his abi;ity to "ping" across the table. The Pillar with the sword did some serious damage. The ordinary troopers were a bit naff, especially as 1 got possessed by a Demonic Lemure and killed his mate. Boo hiss.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juin 10, 2008, 09:18:21 »

Keep Nazir back, and use him to heal guys as you advance.  I tend to advance him slowly behind a Pillar or two, and keep Chams close by for the no shooting within 4", remeber all his Auras are "on".

Actually, no. Only his aura of not getting shot is always on. The other two need to be activated, and so you can only have one of those two active at a time.

I tried out Tariq, the Spearman and a couple of Berbers recently. The Berber Hunters were so-so; perhaps once we start using the terragenesis rules they'll be more useful.  Tariq, on the other hand, is excellent. CBT 7 and Rapid Strike (Defence) means that half the time, anyone attacking him gets injured or killed before they even strike. If they do die, he can heal himself. The Eagle is most useful for hanging around the enemy Officer and denying him the use of Vae Victis and Vae Solis.

Try and get your Sanctified Warriors to gang up on folk. That Combine Attack ability is really useful. So far, I keep mucking it up; one guy goes in, but gets killed before another one can move in to support him.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juin 10, 2008, 14:57:14 »

I thought the sanctified warriors were good, they're not going to kill much but protection 3 is pretty handy against enemy troopers. I HATE Tarique! Especially his stupid pigeon! I think I've mentioned this before though. Then again, all the 80pt officers are crazy-good. You'll feel my wrath tonight Andy, be warned!
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #8 le: Juin 10, 2008, 17:16:49 »

Actually, no. Only his aura of not getting shot is always on. The other two need to be activated, and so you can only have one of those two active at a time.

I tried out Tariq, the Spearman and a couple of Berbers recently. The Berber Hunters were so-so; perhaps once we start using the terragenesis rules they'll be more useful.  Tariq, on the other hand, is excellent. CBT 7 and Rapid Strike (Defence) means that half the time, anyone attacking him gets injured or killed before they even strike. If they do die, he can heal himself. The Eagle is most useful for hanging around the enemy Officer and denying him the use of Vae Victis and Vae Solis.

Try and get your Sanctified Warriors to gang up on folk. That Combine Attack ability is really useful. So far, I keep mucking it up; one guy goes in, but gets killed before another one can move in to support him.

You're right, not sure why I assumed they were all on.  I must have been recalling that you can have 2 on at once.  Either way my point still stands.
Rich_B
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Juin 11, 2008, 01:35:33 »

Treat the Sanctified Warriors like the suicide bunnies that they are and you won't go far wrong. If they survive for a second round of combat it is a bonus! I managed to get 8 CBT out of one earlier tonight with buffs from support, auras, and Charisma Cool He may have got killed but he took the last few wounds off the Succubus before Asaliah could heal her...

I've found they work great if you engage first of all with the Pillars then bring them in to help mop up Grimaçant The Pillars tend to stick around so you almost guarantee getting your combined attack bonus.

Hammer'N'Ales Wargames Club, Hucknall, Nottingham. Tuesdays and Sundays for all sorts of fantasy, sci-fi and historical gaming. See here for details.
hippiecrap
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Juin 18, 2008, 12:40:40 »

I've not really run tarik, but fromt he looks of him, he's just too expensive at 80 points and just not good enough. you pay a lot for his order of the noob. I run Lara the bint. she's pretty sweet.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Juin 18, 2008, 13:21:08 »

A good chunk of Tariq's 80 points is the eagle - if you get it right, his commander sits there being rather useless. Plus, Tariq can be almost invincible - Rapid Strike (defense) and CBT 7 means most folk get a good kicking before they can even attack him, and if they die, Tariq can use Second Wind to heal himself.

Granted, the last times I've used him, I was useless. Take that as you will. Sourire
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #12 le: Juin 18, 2008, 18:10:30 »

I've used Tariq with success, but being expensive, it leaves you with a smaller warband.  It's just a matter of picking the right troops to support him, where as with Nazir, he supports the troops.
wollfe
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Juin 20, 2008, 02:37:11 »

so how would you guys deal with the following

golem within charge range of most of your guys, Rossinante then pops his order meaning that all your guys have to charge if able and then using Sara Zingaresce's leamure to create a fire consumed affect around the golem

by the time i'd taken down the golem, id lost 3 sucicide bunnies, and a piller of faith, and had a badly wounded hashashin, who was on fire

thats what got me this week - honestly thinking of taking berber hunters just to kill leamures

Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #14 le: Juin 20, 2008, 17:40:47 »

That's pretty much what the Berbers are best for in my opinion.  I would also be using my Panther to stalk those as that's what he's best for.  I can't give much more advice until I face off against those myself.
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.