Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Modelling and Miniatures
| | |-+  Damned of Sloth
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Damned of Sloth  (Lu 4665 fois)
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Juillet 20, 2008, 02:11:27 »

Hi all,

My gaming group has just been exposed to my damned of sloth.  They liked it so I decided to add it to this month's painting contest and see how it does.  Chucked it on CMON as well to see whether it floats or sinks Sourire.    I have attached pictures of it below.  Tell me what you think?

Painting contest
CMON

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Dennis
« Dernière édition: Juillet 21, 2008, 15:42:54 par Dennis » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juillet 20, 2008, 12:35:08 »

That is rather stunning mate. I was quite proud of mine but this kicks the hell out of them! How long did it take you?
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #2 le: Juillet 21, 2008, 05:31:36 »

Thanks mate. 

I had a look at yours,and I think it is good as well, but a really different approach.  i.e. darker and more demonic.  Mine was inspired by Asmodee's job and the Gollum(?) from Lord of the Rings... Making them look like pathetic scrawny couch potatoes basically  Grimaçant

I don't really know how long I took.  I have probably been painting this model over the last month (approx. an hour every second or third day.. although my GF seems to think otherwise) but I was working on the other two sloths as well (WIP).  It probably took less time than other miniatures since most of the model is skin...  but playing with skin colours was interesting.

Regards,

Dennis
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juillet 21, 2008, 12:34:00 »

Yeah, time does disappear somewhat when painting (I've been sitting here *how* long?). I tried to be fairly quick with all my HD stuff, although I took a bit more time on them than say Warmachine (painting ten mechanithralls gets really dull really quickly). To be honest I just base, bit of highlighting and then beast it with watered down inks! Cheers though, look forward to seeing your other stuff.
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Juillet 23, 2008, 04:46:12 »

Inks seem to be a big thing nowadays, Might experiment with some one of these days.

Citation
(painting ten mechanithralls gets really dull really quickly)

Wait till you try GW games... I did about 25 of the following (alot more needed, as you need about a 100 for an army).  Closest I have come to assembly line painting, not very interesting to paint but surprisingly satisfying when done (probably relief):

Regards,

Dennis

BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juillet 24, 2008, 12:33:11 »

I once had a fully painted 'nid army with upwards of 40 hormagaunts! That was blast I can tell you. This is before 40k went all rubbish, can't remember what happened to my 'nids.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juillet 25, 2008, 09:05:02 »

Were those of the good old metal kind? I still think they had more attitude than the newer plastics. Granted that they tended to topple over and were a pain to carry everywhere due to the pointy bits. *sigh*... nostalgia... I had a nid force of around 100 painted models in one tourney... lost of course.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juillet 25, 2008, 10:51:28 »

Nah it was the plastic ones, no way was I paying that amount of money for things that die so easily (plus you need 20 of the wee buggers)! It was third edition, just after 40k stopped being awsome but before it totally degenerated into farce (have you seen the new LOS rules? Awful, just awful) A buddy of mine's trying to locate his 2nd ed books so we can play some proper 40k, with melee phases that last for years!
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #8 le: Juillet 25, 2008, 14:22:43 »

Grimaçant I have the 2nd ed. book in a box with the full components of Dark Millenium.  Doing nothing but collecting dust for the last 10 years.  Still have a completely metal eldar army too.  As well as an Orcs and Gobs for WHFB. 

Recently, some mates decided to start 40k from scratch (i.e. fully painted armies before we played a game) so I volunteered trying the IG (which sort of failed...).  I could swear you need more figures for a game nowadays, but I can't be sure....  Always been more of a painter than a gamer.  Blood bowl is probably my preferred GW game if there was one.

Regards,

Dennis

BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Juillet 26, 2008, 22:36:14 »

Blood Bowl rocks! By far their best game. My Chaos Dwarves are currently kicking arse in our local league. Necromunda's pretty good as well. Got a shoebox filled with Necromunda models I acquired from somewhere, although I don't have enough terrain to play it anymore.  Gorkamorka too, now there's a forgotten relic. GW's Golden age was mid to late 90's.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Juillet 31, 2008, 13:25:32 »

[OT. So very OT]

We should play some Necromunda. For that matter, I need to repaint my Escher gang first.

Frankly, I'm glad to see the back of 2nd ed, for anything more than a platoon. God forbid someone uses a squad of bikers...
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.