Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Rules
| | |-+  Recruitment Cards
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Recruitment Cards  (Lu 18664 fois)
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Octobre 07, 2008, 18:07:13 »

I know it's the literal one, but I'm sure I've read some posts referring to her as "The Traveller".
Actually the literal translation would be "the Traveller". "Voyager" typically carries a more specific meaning (as for the length and/or type of the trip) than the generic "Voyageuse" does in French. Meaning-wise "Traveller" is more accurate, but "Voyager" sounds better (to me at least).

To be honest I would like to keep "La Voyageuse" to define her as it is the name she decided to use to keep her identity secret.
I guess it depends on what the actual identity of the woman is. If she is supposed to be French then it makes sense to keep the name untranslated (just like the doppelsöldneren keep their German names for example). If she is to remain a mysterious character (there was a thread about her identity, as I recall the only things that came out of it is that she is the chick pictured on the book cover and she isn't Joan of Arc) then her mother tongue doesn't matter and her name should match the language of the book. I mean in my opinion Clin d'oeil
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 13:57:01 »

For your information I just sent a compilation of your remarks to Geof.

Update of the cards should be availalble soon  Roulement des yeux

Thanks for your support

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #17 le: Octobre 16, 2008, 10:00:19 »

Please note the English recruitment cards of the Russian Trapper and Charon are now available on the presentation of the painted miniatures.

Russian trapper
http://helldorado.fr/figurines/trappeur-russe-peinture-studio-asmodee.php

Charon
http://helldorado.fr/figurines/charon-peinture-studio-asmodee.php

Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
TGN-Grant
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #18 le: Octobre 23, 2008, 20:27:45 »

I've been out of the loop for a while, have the revised cards been posted yet?
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #19 le: Octobre 23, 2008, 22:13:58 »

I sent the last feedbacks to Geof this morning. Corrected version of the cards should be available soon.

TGN-Grant
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Octobre 24, 2008, 21:03:57 »

On the card for Abd Ar Rahman Ibn Muldjam the French has Athée but the English has Agnostic. I believe the English version should be Atheist?
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #21 le: Octobre 28, 2008, 13:37:07 »

Ruleswise the same though.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #22 le: Octobre 28, 2008, 14:18:22 »

http://arch01.forum.helldorado.fr/index.php?topic=861.msg7650#msg7650

According to Geof, they decided to use the keyword Atheist to describe both atheists and agnostics so as to not have two keywords for two similar game effects. So rule-wise it doesn't matter. Perhaps the translators decided that Agnostic sounded better than Atheist?

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Wardog
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #23 le: Décembre 09, 2008, 23:07:17 »

I've just downloaded the "Lost" recruitment cards and noticed the Corvus Tormentors have both had sex changes on their cards .  Roulement des yeux Grimaçant

Having a hell of a time
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #24 le: Décembre 10, 2008, 01:07:50 »

I'm not seeing cards for 30 Coins, Charon or Abd-ar-Rahman ibn Muldjan in English anywhere. Are they available? I can see Angelo Casaviecchi's card, but not the other guy in the pack.
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #25 le: Décembre 10, 2008, 22:20:40 »

Here they are

30 coins
http://helldorado.fr/ressources/secteur/article_id363/original_HtmlArea/carte-30deniers-uk.jpg

Charon
http://helldorado.fr/ressources/secteur/article_id345/original_HtmlArea/charon-uk.jpg

Abd-ar-Rahman ibn Muldjan
http://helldorado.fr/ressources/secteur/article_id356/original_HtmlArea/abd-uk.jpg

Doctor-Warlock
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Décembre 12, 2008, 23:51:42 »

Any news on the 1634 La Voyageuse Enlglish Card yet?

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper . . .
Andarion
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #27 le: Janvier 23, 2009, 12:44:29 »

Hmm, I don't think there will be any english version of Voyageuse 1634, since everybody seems to be jumping on 1635 in general.

At least, I gave hopes up to use that mini in any game *sigh*

What about 1635 official english rules & recruitment cards? Or printed english rulebook? Or cardpacks? Also, the latest wave of releases is still missing in the PDFs.

[Edit:] Ok, I found the latest wave in english at least as .JPGs. But the cards from Angelo Casaviecchi and the Russian Trapper are not available in the correct size. Only in preiview size, which, when I try to print them out in the card format is unreadable at best.
« Dernière édition: Janvier 23, 2009, 13:14:26 par Andarion » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #28 le: Janvier 23, 2009, 16:40:07 »

I would hope to see a 1634 Voyager card - the 1635 profile is quite different, more of a 2nd Incarnation or Epic version, to use Rackham and Privateer Press' terms, than a simple rules tweak like all the new ones.
Karal
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #29 le: Février 03, 2009, 23:45:33 »

Are there larger print-worthy jpegs of the cards for the Russian Trapper and Angelo Casaviecchi available?
« Dernière édition: Février 04, 2009, 09:43:10 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

"You can't totally rebel, otherwise you have to go live on your own, on a desert island. It's as simple as that" - Patrick McGoohan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.