Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.  (Lu 55615 fois)
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« le: Février 25, 2009, 18:34:58 »

For your information Geof just provided an important message regarding the future of the game Hell Dorado

http://arch01.forum.helldorado.fr/index.php?topic=3572.msg45921;boardseen#new

Translation of the letter: (I did it in a rush, sorry for the many mistakes)

The news came as a bolt from the blue : for financial reasons Asmodee will stop the edition of Hell Dorado. About this game I always has been honest regarding our delivery delais, our products, our problems, our mistakes and our objectives, it made sense to me to keep this true language with you.

Now it is not fisnished, not yet…in fact not everything is finished.

The current situation is :
The artist, conceptors and sculptors, will loose their job in April.
Few extensions will be produced and released until june. (the Immortal starter box end of February, 1 immortal and 1 westerner extension in March, 1 sarracen and 1 demon extension in May and finally 1 lost and 1 mercenary extension in June)

To continue the production follows two main ideas : the urge to properly finalised the game (if end there is), and to keep an open door to a potential new producer.

Indeed since the beginning of this week I worked really hard to find a solution to save this game (few options are explored for the moment)

Further more many things (concept arts, new profils, really motivated persons, already produced and paid translations – cards and rules - two books, the production moulds of the existing miniatures, the exposition models, etc…) are waiting to be used. As you see many attractive points for a potential buyer…

To release products until june should also give enough time to be prepared if somebody decides to continue the Hell Dorado adventure.

Regarding the events I let Nicolas fuseau explained the situation
« Tournaments planned until end of april will be assured. Tournaments planned in May and June are canceled.

The pionner program has no more reason to continue. The guys who offered their condidature will be rewarded as promised.

Ravage magazine will published Hell Dorado articles until june. »

There is the situation for the moment 5 days after this fateful decision.  I can easely imagine your deception, your frustrations, your interrogations. I prefered to stay honest with you before the release of the immortals to give all the cards before you spend for this game any longer.

You shall also think it is a strange desicion and a bad timing considering the annonced future of this game. To be fair my team and I fully share this feeling.  But the fact is the decision has been taken, no way to change it. Today my only target is to look forward, to find a way to save Hell Dorado and to maintain the job of 3 culptors and one conceptual artist…

Feel free to contact me if you have any question… just give me time to answeras I am quite busy for the moment.

Geof

PS : If you don’t maind I would prefer to do not comment about what shall or should have been done to avoid this decision. It is done anyway. Yesterday is the past, however if you have any idea to prepare tomorrow you are more than welcome.
Ayway I would like to thank you all to have supported this game so far.
« Dernière édition: Février 25, 2009, 19:33:00 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #1 le: Février 25, 2009, 18:59:16 »

For your information Geof just provided an important message regarding the future of the game Hell Dorado

http://arch01.forum.helldorado.fr/index.php?topic=3572.msg45921;boardseen#new

Basicaly he explained that Asmodee, for economical reasons, decided to stop the edition of Hell Dorado.

More details will come when I will have finished the translation of this letter

I can't think of anything else to say other than that sucks.  I just dropped $200 on Hell Dorado figs (in addition to the stuff I already owned), and was planning on running demos and a tournament at GenCon '09  Not sure what to do about the demos or tournament now.

I doubt I'll be getting any type of support for it now.

Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bob
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Breizh Team

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Février 25, 2009, 19:05:44 »

The game is not dead yet: new minis will be released until june. This leaves 6 months to find another editor. With the English translation almost ready, it sounds like a quite appealing package. If only this didn't happen during a credit crunch...

Il a Dieu à son côté, et un flingue de l'autre.
WEiRD sKeTCH
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

The Devil Inside

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Février 25, 2009, 19:11:42 »

I can't think of anything else to say other than that sucks.  I just dropped $200 on Hell Dorado figs (in addition to the stuff I already owned), and was planning on running demos and a tournament at GenCon '09  Not sure what to do about the demos or tournament now.

Go ahead as planned. It may be picked up by another company. And seeing that it still has a fan-base will help it get purchased.
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Février 25, 2009, 19:40:00 »

We, english speakers, have a real opportunity to show how much we love this game and to demonstrate how important the english market is and should be seriously taken into account...

Breten please don't give up. Personnaly I won't !
« Dernière édition: Février 25, 2009, 19:42:45 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Février 25, 2009, 21:01:49 »

I really think there is hope for the game to continue.  I'm certainly not giving up.  If only we could get a consortium together to buy up the assets and contract with a company to cast the models.  Wishful thinking for me.....   Indéci
Rich_B
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Février 25, 2009, 21:12:07 »

Gutted, simply gutted... Fair play to Asmodee they aren't just pulling the plug overnight but all my sympathies go to Geof & his team...  Triste

I hope like hell that an investor/buyer comes forward, takes this on, and retains the services of the sculptors and artist. Hell Dorado is too strong a product for it to be allowed to fall by the wayside, especially when most of the English translation work is already done...

Rich

Hammer'N'Ales Wargames Club, Hucknall, Nottingham. Tuesdays and Sundays for all sorts of fantasy, sci-fi and historical gaming. See here for details.
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #7 le: Février 25, 2009, 21:44:37 »

I heartily agree with that. Here's hoping some forward thinking company has the stomach for it.
Soooo disappointed... please don't let my Saracens be consigned to the same, dusty box as my Griffins!
maksa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Février 25, 2009, 22:15:45 »

Bad news indeed.
I have to start buying those minis fast, before they become rare.

Luckily the miniatures and rules we have won't disappear from our bookshelves. There's no reason to stop playing HD even if it's production stops.

I just hope the buyer won't be "that other French miniature company"...
Kayle Raven
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Février 25, 2009, 22:18:19 »

Bad news indeed.
I have to start buying those minis fast, before they become rare.

Luckily the miniatures and rules we have won't disappear from our bookshelves. There's no reason to stop playing HD even if it's production stops.

I just hope the buyer won't be "that other French miniature company"...
I share what you write at 100%...
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #10 le: Février 25, 2009, 23:03:29 »

Well, I'm thinking the Tournament stays in place for GenCon, but the number of demos I was planning on running is going to be scaled back a bit.

I still love the game and it's a sad day. Triste
Falk
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Février 25, 2009, 23:49:14 »

Ouch...  Pleurs

Helldorado has quickly become my favourite miniatures game and I know quite a lot of games! I was so intrigued by the background story I actually started learning French to be able to play it. I can read the rules now without major problems, but I have hard times finding people to play against. Most won't bother learning French to play a game, despite the great fluff and minis. But this game has such a potential, it only needs English (and German) rules and cards! I sure hope someone has the balls to pick it up!

I have 300€ to spare right now. What do you think, is that enough to acquire the IP?  Grimaçant

alecfras
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #12 le: Février 26, 2009, 03:29:01 »

Perhaps if we were all to chip in 1000 bucks a piece?  If only, huh?  Tire la langue  I tell ya, I'd do it in a flat second if it'd make the difference...  Either way, I'm NOT giving up on this!  I agree wholeheartedly that this is one of the greatest (perhaps THEE greatest) miniatures game that I've ever seen and played and we can't just let it fall this close to the English release.  I for one am going to do my damndest to pick up the rest of the boxes before I miss my chance and hope that it makes any difference.  Let's pray that the game gets picked up soon.  What about Fantasy Flight?  They've rescued Dark Heresy from the ashes.  *shrug*

- Alec
« Dernière édition: Février 26, 2009, 03:37:44 par alecfras » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
duelist
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Février 26, 2009, 05:53:13 »

I think that I will have to buy a lottery ticket.

Welcome to Hell, here's your accordian
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #14 le: Février 26, 2009, 05:59:30 »

Yes, they are studying several possibilities, including an 'Open source' licensing.
Let's hope that an international editor realizes that there is very little work to do in order to capture the huge English-speaking market, as Asmodée have failed to do it.

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.