Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  The Immortals, A Grand Day Out
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: The Immortals, A Grand Day Out  (Lu 2327 fois)
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Mars 30, 2009, 17:32:09 »

This is basically a cut and paste from a post I just made over at the TableTop Gamers forum, just though some may like to read it.

So I got my first game in using the Immortals yesterday. Big difference is the Immortals starter works out to 259 points. I think the idea being that you only take 1 Sentinel and 1 Master of Blades, as they add up to 59 points together. As I was making my decision what to take my cell phone rang, and I had a short chat with Sasori (don't get sucked into War of the Ring, I'm trying not to either, as a couple buddies are doing up some).

Anyway, I decided to take the Human versions of the Sentinel and Master of Blades, trying to keep it as simple as possible. I have no english cards, and the CMD system made for a lot of referncing. I went up against Alec's (Cirrus) Westerners, including Georg Von Holbein, 2 Doppelsoldners, a Fencer, and I can't recall what else at the moment. Pretty solid list. We played the Scavenging scenario, in which you place 6 tokens in a 4" center strip of the table down the middle between the two sides. Game lasts 6 turns, and the person who gets the most tokens into his deployment zone wins.

The basic Immortal trooper, the Farmer, is pretty decent, they hit like a ton of bricks, doing 11 damage if they get 5 hits. They don;t have a lot of special abilities, but what they do is pretty good. The female Master of Blades is awesome. For 2 CMD, she becomes DEF 6 if the opposing model has a re-roll. Aweomse. There's not a lot of PR in the faction, so they don't stick around that long with an average life of 9 (high for a basic troop, but no PR) for the troopers and 12 for the Independents. The Naga Priestess is fantastic. Especially in this scenario as she has a DPT of 9 when affected by Bloodthirsty (MOre Dark CMD than Light CMD).

So the game boiled down to the last two turns. On turn 4 I had 3 tokens in my Deployment zone, compared to 1 that Alec had. All I had left on the table at the beginning of turn 5 was Cheng Xiao Chen, the Officer, the Master of Blades had gone down to the Fencer at the end of turn 4. The Westerner's Officer was killed by a Sentinel and Farmer on the 2nd or 3rd turn.

Alec had the Fencer and another model pick up two of the tokens in my deployment zone, and he stole them like the thief he is. d'oh! The Fencer, with his high movement managed to book it into his own Deployemnt zone (by like a milimeter), by the end of turn 6, while the other model just removed it from my DZ.

Luckily for me Cheng Xiao Chen was uninjured. He picked up a token, and was charged by a Dopelsoldner. Cheng exited combat on the 5th round, and managed to book it into his own DZ, by te end of turn 6. This left me with2 tokens in my DZ at the end of the game, while Alec also had managed to nab 2 with the help of the fencer. It was to be a draw! But Georg was dead, so I rule!

Awesome game, and as always, a really close game. At one point I thought I might be done for, but the high damage tables on the Immmortals helped out in the end. A great faction, the Immortals definately require a little thought and planning to make the most of the Dual Command.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
occa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Mars 30, 2009, 21:11:33 »

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.