Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Modelling and Miniatures
| | |-+  My Hell Dorado Painting Blog
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: My Hell Dorado Painting Blog  (Lu 20058 fois)
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #15 le: Avril 28, 2009, 23:51:22 »

The work on the "Rétiaire" continued:

Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Avril 29, 2009, 10:27:45 »

The only real criticism I can give is that the source-lighting effect on that... pincer-spear-thingy the retiarus has is a tad too bright considering the brightness (or dimness) of the lava. The lighting on the hinge looks about right, but at the edges it (in my opinion) is spread too brightly a bit too far. Keeping the current brightness at the very edge but dimming the "tail" of the reflection a bit would perhaps work better.

But once again, this is a matter of taste and heck of a lot better than anything I've accomplished with that technique so far.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Kayle Raven
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #17 le: Avril 29, 2009, 10:30:36 »

I like it ^^
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #18 le: Avril 30, 2009, 16:04:20 »

The 'Rétiaire' ist finished now - the final version had the head part finished and I added a thin layer of glaze medium on a few areas to give a slightly wet apprearance. While painting him I learned a lot and hope the and I'll hope to avoid some mistakes I made with this one - I skipped the detail work as it would have likely cost me one or two more evening to get it right.

Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #19 le: Mai 01, 2009, 04:21:10 »

Great work. The OSL is very nice. My only suggestion would be to try and work a few more colours into the skin with some light glazes here and there.
Cool paint job still Grimaçant
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Mai 01, 2009, 16:34:54 »

Loving it!

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
The Son
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #21 le: Juin 30, 2009, 17:39:47 »

I really like The 'Rétiaire', but it looks like it lacks a bit contrast on the skin.
The metalparts, especially the shoulder pad, are really impressive!
Great work overall and a truly lovely base (slate?)!

Happy painting!

I float among them on wings once broken,
now gleaming black
I share their song of words unspoken
Cries of the past
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #22 le: Juillet 08, 2009, 01:08:34 »

Thank you for the nice feedback. I think the skin has more depth in real compared to the picture - the camera swallowed some of the colors. Unfortunally you rarely see a miniature properly lit on the gaming table... hence more contrast couldn't hurt.

Currently Painting Angelo - there is a small 1on1 "battle of brushes" and we chose him:
Still heavily WIP and I'm having a hard time with black leather...  c&c most welcome

« Dernière édition: Juillet 11, 2009, 14:26:08 par Rho » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #23 le: Juillet 22, 2009, 17:34:21 »

He is looking geat.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #24 le: Juillet 26, 2009, 13:06:20 »

Bloody amazing! If there's something to nitpick, it would be the shoulder-lemure's highlights which seem a bit off and perhaps the flasks (although I suspect that the flasks are not ready either at this point). I wish I had the patience (and skill) to paint like that... kudos!

Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #25 le: Juillet 29, 2009, 19:29:11 »

I did a bit more on Angelo and got a bit frustrated with the head (it looks too redish on the picture). I agree that the green lemure needs some extra work.

I started working as well on Eurynome - drilling the holes is quite a tedious job and worse fiddling in the strings(!). Once I get closer finishing the main body I'll properly fix them. 
« Dernière édition: Juillet 29, 2009, 23:17:22 par Rho » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Magno
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Juillet 30, 2009, 17:46:08 »

Wow, that's some solid looking work. Inspires me to buy Demons now, especially with the uplifting announcement today.

Thanks for the WIP shots, it helps to see exactly how one can materialize the concept art.

Very imprresive paint work also.
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #27 le: Juillet 31, 2009, 22:12:40 »

Thank you for the compliment and Eurynome is really among the most impressive sculpts I've have in my hands and the way they broke him up for the casting (I think close to 20 pieces in total, however they fit perfectly and are easy to assemble and the drilling part for the wires is fun). Nonetheless the demons are a bit too nasty for my liking. Painting him up for a friend and his army... I'll stick to my 5 other factions Clin d'oeil

A small update on Eurynome.

Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #28 le: Août 11, 2009, 00:11:42 »

Eurynome is almost finished now....

Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #29 le: Août 12, 2009, 09:11:34 »

*whimper*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.