Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Did Helldorado Die in your country?
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Did Helldorado Die in your country?  (Lu 8782 fois)
The Son
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Juin 29, 2009, 20:57:00 »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the game (but have had my eyes on it since the start) and have ordered my first minis, ie every starterbox and a few other figures.
I've always loved the theme and truly loved the models but it has never been available in Sweden until recently. But as a "now and then" painter/gamer as I am I discovered it to late. No more figs to Sweden. I cursed myself and a few others and damn me if I don't get my hands on most of the released minis.
Now to the important part...

Did Helldorado "die" in your country, your friends etc, when it was announced that Asmodee stops the production?
And how's it like in France?

Best regards and stay in Hell,
TheSon
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

I float among them on wings once broken,
now gleaming black
I share their song of words unspoken
Cries of the past
Eusèbe
FAQ - Hell Dorado
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

googooblown@hotmail.com
« Répondre #1 le: Juin 29, 2009, 21:30:47 »

Well first answer of a french guy. Some of the box starts to disappear even in France. If you can wait till september, I can check my regular shop and buy a lot for you and send it per mail, but that's not really the subject (you can contact mee per mp if you are intersted).

So there is some waiting cause we don't know yet if someone will "save" the game, so a lot of people are quite hesitating (not sure of that word). But a lot (like me) don't wish that such a great game died, and we are fighting to keep it alive (for exemple, there is some tournament, even if the game is no more supported by Asmodée). I think that if you can build a community, and as the game is very cool, you can keep it alive aniway (we can see that with some english game like epic, or bloodbowl).

So i hope (en am sure) that hell dorado will note die right here, but as usual, we can only say wait and see.

"Nan mais eusèbe il joue pas égaré de toute façon, il joue squamate"

Branlibu
The Son
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #2 le: Juin 29, 2009, 21:54:11 »

Thanks for the reply and your offer, mate!  Sourire
Let us pray to whatever deity/god/devil/demon/lemure/lemur we believe in that the game will survive!

I've started working on my mates, and a few are really interested. (It's more like I've threatened them to order some minis)

Peace

now gleaming black
Cries of the past
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #3 le: Juin 29, 2009, 21:59:21 »

Report from Germany: Clin d'oeil
Most players who started with Hell Dorado I know are still waiting to get the hands on the new officers and it's still far from dead, but there are quite a few people who hesitate to get started with the game. Than there are those who mainly care for the painting part of the hobby they continue to buy any miniature they like from that range (which tend to be quite a few miniatures).
Obviously everyone is eagerly awaiting anything final concerning the future of the game. Since the game offers quite a few miniatures as it is and allows a lot of variation the game doesn't feel unfinished or needing reforcements really, the biggest problem here is actually the lack of a printed english (or german) rulebook with fluff. This has been the biggest problem since the initial release even at the time Hell Dorado was fully supported by Asmodée.
The Son
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Juin 29, 2009, 22:17:51 »

..the biggest problem here is actually the lack of a printed english (or german) rulebook with fluff. This has been the biggest problem since the initial release even at the time Hell Dorado was fully supported by Asmodée.

I totally agree with you (perhaps not with the german part  Clin d'oeil) that the lack of a english rulebook probably killed the game. We do have the pdf but it's not even close to having a real rulebook.
As you say, the minis are really "something" for the "painter" and I think more painters would buy them if there was a english rulebook. Who doesn't want to read the fluff to get some inspiration!

now gleaming black
Cries of the past
Xerxes
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Juin 30, 2009, 10:19:09 »

Well i must say it got better in Poland (at least in Warsaw) Sourire

We had 3 players in club before the annoucement and 3 more joined after it Sourire
But also many decided not to buy their armies. Lack of english book/card was the only problem for them before the annoucement.
Many other are waiting for the situation to clarify.

But is it dead? Well it never wasn't very much alive as it lacked translation to civilised language Clin d'oeil But as i wrote above, paradoxically  HD in our club got better after Asmodee announced it stops distributing the system.
Anyway, we are ready and waiting Sourire

Sorry for my rough english
« Dernière édition: Juin 30, 2009, 10:50:21 par Xerxes » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #6 le: Juin 30, 2009, 10:36:02 »

For us in Australia, it never actually really came alive because of the missing printed rulebook. We actually seriously considered printing it ourselves, had the green light from Asmodee, and then the Ozzie dollar went down the drain and the whole exercise had to be cancelled because it was too much investment for us.
But the fans are still there, playing, and waiting to get word of a renewal at which point we are ready to do a big launch (with the rulebook as no-one who would take up the baby would be silly enough not to print at least an English version).
So it's not dead, just biding its time...

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juin 30, 2009, 13:33:08 »

in the UK the game isn't dead it's just not very alive right now. i think everyone is waiting to see what happens before buying anything else and most people play alternate systems which they are concentrating on at the moment.

the longer it's the left the worse it will get especially as a vast amount of the HD gamers i know are ex C3 gamers and arnt going to be willing to hang onto another sinking ship. possitive action will need to happen in the next few months or i can see it dying off completely in the UK. whoever takes it over needs to literally do everything in their power to get english rules and cards printed and selling ASAP or i predict disaster for the game in the UK.
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Juin 30, 2009, 18:12:10 »

the longer it's the left the worse it will get especially as a vast amount of the HD gamers i know are ex C3 gamers and arnt going to be willing to hang onto another sinking ship. possitive action will need to happen in the next few months or i can see it dying off completely in the UK. whoever takes it over needs to literally do everything in their power to get english rules and cards printed and selling ASAP or i predict disaster for the game in the UK.

On the plus side, I don`t think Hell Dorado has registered on most other systems players yet.  When the English rules and cards come out then they`ll see it as the lovely, new, fresh game that it is and all of us can be the grumpy old people who were there first.   Grimaçant

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #9 le: Juillet 01, 2009, 12:22:08 »

Thanks, Dogmeat, for finding the silver lining. I agree with Bork, but it's true there is hope still: we may avoid the disaster with some fresh blood (and lots of it flowing on the altars)  Grimaçant.

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Juillet 01, 2009, 20:24:07 »

Status quo Finland:

Similiar "in waiting" period as in the UK, but the interest is still there and there probably will be a tournament in RopeCon 2009 (the biggest nordic RPG event) this year as well, but HD isn't no longer the "main game" for most players.

The scene really seems to depend much on the people willing to organize tournaments and unfortunately I seem to be the only nutjob willing to actively take on the task (would do more, but life intervenes). There certainly isn't a lack of potential participants, but a lack of organizers - and in my experience, the more there are organized events, the more there are friendly games outside tournament settings.

(incidentally, if somebody else in Finland is willing to provide for the logistics of organizing a tournament and get a place for it, I've got official terrain for at least 3-4 boards and generic terrain for a couple more)

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
The Son
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #11 le: Juillet 02, 2009, 10:20:13 »

Thanks for your replies, mates!

Let's hope that it will not be another sinking ship as you say Bork. CAoR really sucks compared to C3. And let's not hope that Hell Dorado ever will produce PPP's!

Now I'll start making a few terrainboards...

Cheers!

now gleaming black
Cries of the past
The Son
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #12 le: Juillet 02, 2009, 10:26:08 »

Oh, and Silveri: Can you please translate the Ropecon programme as it is not yet available in english?
This sounds really interesting (as long as it involves miniatures games, painting contest etc)  Clin d'oeil

now gleaming black
Cries of the past
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Juillet 02, 2009, 11:45:44 »

Hell Dorado is still alive (damned?) and kicking in Glasgow (scotland). Enough people bought into it initially to get a decent range of players (well, about 6) but most of us have at least two factions. I will weep if Hell Dorado does indeed die on its arse. I've been checking the forum every day for news of it's glorious resurrection, and here's still hoping! COME ON CB!!!
occa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #14 le: Octobre 12, 2009, 10:19:25 »

I think now that the rules are coming out in English that we will see a resurgence of interest here in Australia. I can't wait!
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.