Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Hell Dorado Dopplesöldner Captain Concept from Cipher Studios.
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Hell Dorado Dopplesöldner Captain Concept from Cipher Studios.  (Lu 5567 fois)
Cipher Kai
FAQ - Hell Dorado
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Octobre 30, 2009, 04:26:15 »

http://cipher-studios.com/2009/10/hell-dorado-dopplesoldner-captain-concept-from-cipher-studios/

Follow the link for a sneak peek of the first character concept by Bertrand Benoit that Cipher Studios will produce for the Hell Dorado miniature game. Dopplesöldner Captain, Augustinus Raimund.

The Dopplesöldner regiments are heavy infantry troops trained to battle the monstrous creatures of the demonic hordes.  Augustinus Raimund leads his Dopplesöldner elite, disciplined and merciless men of iron will and skins of steel, into the heart of battle to cleave their enemies in twain with their gigantic zweihänder swords.

Stay tuned for more information on further development and release date.

Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
WEiRD sKeTCH
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

The Devil Inside

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Octobre 30, 2009, 07:30:43 »

Choqué

Wow!

Is that an Officer concept or just an Independant?
Volstagg Ophanim
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Octobre 30, 2009, 08:56:03 »

Huh.

I am personally not seeing how this fits in with the existing themes, conceptually speaking.

It appears to my eyes to be far more ‘WarMachine’ than Hell Dorado:
The design is quite heavy and ‘over the top’, with very exagerated armour plates,
far more typical IMO of Privateer Press’ Khador faction
as opposed to the far more realistic sculpts Hell Dorado has been known for in the past.

This is a new unit for Westerners, is that correct…?

Compare the striking realism of a current Hell Dorado Westerner in Armour
http://helldorado.fr/figurines/vincenzo-maculano-de-fiorenzuola-peinture-studio-a.php
Now compare to a more historical Landsknecht and Dopplesoldner:
http://www.manes-marzano.com.ar/fig_54mm.htm

I don’t deny that the figure is striking, but it seems to me the market is already
quite well saturated with hyper-exaggerated ‘Gothic’ armoured monstrosities.
I may pick up the figure for the use in Warhammer or Warmachine,
but I suspect I will be proxying in a more realistic Dopplesoldner for Hell Dorado.

I wonder if this is indicative of the direction Cypher intends to take the game?
Personally: I hope not.
« Dernière édition: Octobre 30, 2009, 09:32:48 par Volstagg Ophanim » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
mzi
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Call it a hamster...

« Répondre #3 le: Octobre 30, 2009, 09:56:05 »

I rather agree with Volstagg (though it reminds me more of a Space Marine Sergent).

BTW, Cipher has already told us that the upcoming miniatures have been created by the French team.

Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Octobre 30, 2009, 12:59:05 »

I wonder if this is the concept artwork that was mentioned at some french convention around April 09 or a new one - does look a bit over the top and space marine alike.
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Octobre 30, 2009, 14:09:24 »

As was suggested in a French thread, it might reflect the fact that the armies that came down in Hell felt the need to adapt to their new enemies. Sure the westerner army has had kind of a "historical" feel to it, but it might have been because they'd just arrived in Hell. Now they've been down there a while, so we'll likely see armors/weapons dictated by their new environment rather than by whatever was happening in Europe. Kinda like how Baptiste Valombre and his "experimental gear" don't look anything historical.

That aside, I really like the concept. I for one was thinking that the Westerners didn't have any larger model to oppose those of all the other factions.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Thomas David
Test
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #6 le: Octobre 31, 2009, 13:24:37 »

We have done this concept and the next of each company before the end with Asmodee.
It is not the work of Cipher Studio yet...
Thomas

Thomas David
Asmodée Nantes Hell Boy
grendhal
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Novembre 03, 2009, 21:02:05 »

I think the figure will be striking if it follows the iniital sketch.

However like some others here I have a few reservations, not so much with the armour itself but the gauntlet and hammer. The gauntlet appears to me to be too big, and hence clumsy to use; whilst the hammer head is much too large, and being made of metal it would I think be far too heavy to use (think how small a sledgehammer head iand how heavy it is). Looking at real world weapons of the same design, the head is much smaller which actually helps it punch through armour (the function it was designed for).

However having said all this, stick him in front of some of the monsters of Hell Dorado and he will look great! 
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Novembre 03, 2009, 23:59:04 »

Have to say I love it. When do we see the mini
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Novembre 08, 2009, 16:35:20 »

Well, most of the finnish players that have commented on the concept on the finnish forums are more or less on the "meh" side of things and I would agree with them. My first impression was actually a Starcraft marine before a GW Space Marine. The figure also looks rather static. Perhaps with a more dynamic pose (leaning forwards and commanding his brethren to charge by pointing with the hammer) it would work better.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.