Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Rules
| | |-+  Making sure I have the Alchemists grenade right
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Making sure I have the Alchemists grenade right  (Lu 4096 fois)
Invité
« le: Février 12, 2008, 06:57:20 »

I'm playing tomorrow night and using the Alchemist.  I want to make sure I do his grenade right.

The grenade is listed as Explosive (Consumed)(Fire)) 3/2

So when I throw the grenade, anything caught in the blast takes the 5D6 hits (hitting on 3's) and doing 2 points for each wound.  Then they are on fire and take 3 points of fire damage for 2 more turns?  Also the fire effect stays in place for 2 turns also?  Anything that I'm way off on?
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #1 le: Février 12, 2008, 09:21:11 »

I don't think so. The fire grenade of the alchemist doesn't damage the target directly, unlike the slinger worms, for example.

When you throw a fire grenade for the alchemist, you first have to reach the point of the battlefield you want. The alchemist is a pretty good shooter, with 3 dices, but he has a low range of 3 inches. And he isn't allowed to throw further than 3x his base range.
Once you've put the template where you want, everybody inside is consumed 3/2. It means that they don't take damage immediately, but during the upkeep phase (at the begining of the turn). More precisely, they'll suffer 3 damage during 2 upkeep phases because they are on fire.
The consumed targets can try to extinguish the fire by taking a focalisation action, which means they will be doing nothing else and will be very vulnerable.

Edit: I had misread the limited range thing, so I corrected my post.
« Dernière édition: Février 12, 2008, 09:42:34 par Chrysalis » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte.
Invité
« Répondre #2 le: Février 12, 2008, 17:04:13 »

I didn't think it damaged directly to start with either, but it is listed as an explosive weapon as well as a consuming weapon.  So, reading the rules it seems it would damage and then have the consuming effect afterwards.  Maybe not.
Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #3 le: Février 12, 2008, 17:50:03 »

To my mind, explosive is because of the template. But the grenade has no power value (like the slinger has), it has a state value instead (consumed).

BeBert
Pionniers
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #4 le: Février 12, 2008, 18:09:39 »

Chrysalis is right, the answer has been given on the french forum.
There is only the consuming effect, no damage are done during the "explosion".

Venez-jouer à Hell-Dorado au sein de la Ludothèque de Boulogne-Billancourt !

http://ludotheque.fr-bb.com/bienvenue-f12/
Invité
« Répondre #5 le: Février 12, 2008, 18:11:51 »

Ok, thanks guys.  The Explosion part had me stumped.  But I noticed that the slinger for the Lost had the Power keyword in her explosion where the Alchemist only had the Consumed-Fire keyword, I guess thats the difference between straight up damage and just a lingering consume. 

Was I right that the AOE where the fire hits would stay for two turns?  (the y value?)
Bob
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Breizh Team

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Février 13, 2008, 14:33:58 »

No, it's only the models in AOE when fired that will remain consumed for 2 turns, otherwise it would become a terrain piece.

Il a Dieu à son côté, et un flingue de l'autre.
Tobyn
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Février 13, 2008, 14:34:12 »

I dont think it stays because its an explosion.

Can anybody explain what his special grenades do? For instance the fury one, does it mean that all figures friend or foe must assualt or charge. And how does the replusion one work?
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Février 13, 2008, 22:27:19 »

No, it's only the models in AOE when fired that will remain consumed for 2 turns, otherwise it would become a terrain piece.

I think   once  the template is  in place  it will affect any model  that  get inside the zone , if they are  inside  alrready or  walk into  later . And    as it last for two turns   it become in fact a terrain piece , opaque one   so no LOS can be traced  trought  for two turns ....

another thing  ,the damage  (consumed effect ) , happen in the upkeep phase . so  even if a model that has been targeted  by the grenade , but has not been activated yet , try to  do a focus  action to put the fire down  it will still sufer the damage ...

Chrysalis
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

In vermiis veritas

« Répondre #9 le: Février 14, 2008, 07:03:10 »

I would agree with Tobyn. The template is used only as "the blast" at the very moment of the explosion. It's not the ground that is set on fire, it's the people in the blast.

However, you're right about the damage: if the target(s) have already been activated, they won't be able to avoid the damage, dealt during the upkeep phase, because they can't take a focalisation action!

Moreover, if the burning character takes a focalisation action, it means it won't move, and you can shoot another grenade to the same target!

As for the special grenades:

- The Rage Grenade: The alchimist can create a 2 inches AoE in his line of sight and up to 6 inches away. Any fighters (including yours) in this AoE will have to make a charge or assault action during their next activation. If a fighter can't charge or assault another character, it can be activated normally.

- The Repulsion Grenade: The The alchimist can create a 3 inches AoE in his line of sight and up to 6 inches away. There must be at least one of your characters in the AoE and at least one character belonging to your opponent. Then, you can choose one of your opponent's character in this AoE, and move it up to 10 inches away, ignoring terrains and other characters. This movement must end in a clear terrain, away from an opponent's zone of control, and not in contact with an opponent). Then your opponent does the same with one of your minis in the AoE.
« Dernière édition: Février 14, 2008, 07:09:19 par Chrysalis » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.