Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Review: Skullcrafts winter basing kit
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Review: Skullcrafts winter basing kit  (Lu 2123 fois)
Cinnabon
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Février 21, 2008, 03:29:02 »

*I posted this on the Dakka Dakka forum, figured I'd post it here too.

Skullcrafts - Winter basing kit review

Notes: I ordered a winter basing kit from skullcrafts in January. From the pictures on the website, I was assuming I would be able to dress up a few of my heroes and that would be it. I didn't understand what came in the kits, so in my defense, I can't be blamed for the shock and happiness I felt when the kit arrived 3 days later. No complaints here, mind you.

Initial Reaction

Amazement. The blister packaging doesn't look like it would hold all the materials provided, but it does. Speaking of materials, I don't think many know just exactly how much you get within a single kit. The poly bags in these kits hold quite a lot in fact. I was a little disappointed that there were no instructions in the kit, but then again, it doesn't say it comes with any on the website either. Still, they are doing online tutorials for basing so I'm hoping they get to the winter ones soon. I was also a little put off that there were WARMACHINE bases included in the kit and no GW bases but then I started to really inspect the bases and found that I like them much better than the GW ones anyway. I'm not going to convert my army bases though, I have no desire for that kind of work. Overall, I was very pleased with the quick delivery time and the amount of materials you get. I must admit that there were a few items that I couldn't quite figure out; snow paste, black paste and scenic water.

Material Inspection

Here is where I was blown away. Please note here that none of the materials provided in my kit were from any other hobby material provider that I know of. I have used Woodland Scenics, Knoch and Games Workshop to name a few and skullcraft's materials are unique from any I've used. Not at all what I was expecting. I didn't do a lot of research when a friend of mine told me to go check this website out. I bought on impulse and figured what the heck. I would like to mention that the snow scatter provided in the winter kit is absolutely spell binding. A dab of glue and one application of the powder and it looks like real snow. No really, I'm not kidding at all. The static grass is much much finer than what I'm used to, not to mention that the varried lengths of it make for some pretty cool looking grass. I was also equally impressed by the tall grass, the owner says it is made from a goat or something but I have to tell you that it looks wonderful on a winterized base. The cork items in the kit are really my favorite though. I can't beleive how many bases I've dolled up with just the cork. The materials provided are really top shelf I must say. Here is everything that came in the kit:

Conclusions

Like I said, overall I'm happy with my purchase. I would highly recommend anyone to check out the kits and see if they would fit your style of decorating bases. Although I haven't used everything in the kit, I am positive that I will (and soon). I've been wanting to do some water bases and now I have the materials to do it. Part of the reason why I think skullcrafts should get a little more recognition, they really provide an "all in one" kit here that should be adequate for most bases.
« Dernière édition: Février 21, 2008, 03:31:02 par Cinnabon » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.