Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Background
| | |-+  Introducing mercenaries
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Introducing mercenaries  (Lu 2947 fois)
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« le: Avril 24, 2008, 14:29:52 »

Into another thread we were talking about Gilles de Rais. To understand who he is exactly I invite you to read the translation I did for TGN last year from the offical text Asmodee published.
It is the introduction of the Mercenary faction.

A mercenary is not just somebody who fights only for money. My opinion is if God should remove from earth every guy who uses his sword to earn some coins, believe me there will be no place in this world where you may find an army, and no place secure anymore. The truth is there is no warrior if there is no payment.

So do we have now to say a mercenary is somebody who doesn’t fight for his King and his country? It was right yesterday, but if it is still right today, our New Jerusalem province is most certainly a mercenary province where you may see warrior from lots of different countries serving the same King, our King.

Now if you consider that a mercenary is somebody who fights taking no care of his friends/foes traits (human, daemon, Christian, Saracen, living or dead…), then YES, I am proud to call myself a Mercenary.

It is fair to say our corporation counts a lot of rogues. I agree this point and will not debate about it. But accept it is exact for most professions, even for the religious. I am not saying that to hurt you, Father, but I met some who were not as kind as you. You may argue every bad guy can sold his services for money. But to become a leader into a mercenary group, you have to show more than fighting skills. You need a perfect ethic as I will explain you now.

Let me explain it taking the Damned Gilles de Rais as exemple. You must know his name: this Lord scandalized so much when he was alive, and even more after his death, that he became a legend everybody knows. Father Boniface is right when you consider his history so I will not lie about Gilles de Rais: He was an evil foul who loves nothing more than kill for pleasure and deal with Satan…

After the raid we did in Neuva Cadix, a Spain city, Gilles decided to play “mystère de Lilith” every day for the prisoners. Remember he loved theater. The story of this play, horrible and totally unmoral, presented some sacrifices and we lost actors every days. Of course these actor were Spanish prisoners and Gilles de Rays, hidden behind the curtains, enjoyed to see the face of their friends looking them suffering and dying this way.
But believe it or not, he was also the best leader I never met, and probably one of the best in New Jerusalem. He is strict, he his rude, he could be cruel and merciless, but every decision he took for he men was fair and just. He never blame a soldier if he didn’t deserve it. This is why no men from his company tried to desert but always followed him everywhere he gone. And believe me, this is not a easy thing with mercenaries…

Letter from Rogue Etienne Pinsol to Father Alois, priest who took care of him when he was younger.
« Dernière édition: Avril 24, 2008, 14:42:19 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. 2008.