Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Croc Warriors FINISHED
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Croc Warriors FINISHED  (Lu 5578 fois)
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Juin 19, 2007, 17:06:59 »

Hi all,

Here's two Croc Warriors I'm working on for my Lost. They're about 90% done if you don't include the bases, but I thought I'd ask on here for some comments or criticism before I finish them off. Specifically, does anyone have any good methods for doing heavily rusted iron? I tried doing it on these guys, but it just looks kinda goofy. Although if you have suggestions for things other than the rust I'd be interested in that, too.  Grimaçant

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Clin d'oeil

-Veritas

« Dernière édition: Juin 22, 2007, 12:18:38 par Veritas » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Nicky
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

7° CO, JDR & Airsoft Team

« Répondre #1 le: Juin 19, 2007, 17:30:00 »

Choqué Amazing work. I like it very much (escuse me i don't speak english very well). I think you must obscure the claws and points of the back with a chestnut ink or other.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Nicky
Lisez ceci et donnez votre avis
Abunakkashii
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #2 le: Juin 19, 2007, 17:34:00 »

Very nice job !!!

Abunakkashii
snakeking
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juin 19, 2007, 20:40:09 »

looks good overall. i like the skin a lot, looks like snot with bone/scale ripping through it.

I do agree the rust didnt turn out so hot so far.  there is a rust tutorial in an old CH.
Selenio
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Juin 20, 2007, 00:02:21 »

Hi Veritas, you work is really good.

I've been painting my Djinn but I'm just a beginner compared to this level.

Great job!

Selenio.

En mis manos levanto una tormenta
de piedras, rayos y hachas estridentes,
sedienta de catástrofes
y hambrienta.
Snowdog
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juin 20, 2007, 01:00:57 »

your asking us for advice with that work  Choqué

looks great!!
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juin 20, 2007, 01:20:57 »

looks good overall. i like the skin a lot, looks like snot with bone/scale ripping through it.

I do agree the rust didnt turn out so hot so far.  there is a rust tutorial in an old CH.

Thanks, I forgot about that tutorial. I'll go dig out my CH2 once I get home from work. This may make me decide to switch back to my original idea of using NMM.  Indéci

I had planned on going real metal paint just to save some time, but it seems the NMM is pulling me back in.

And thank you all for the kind words. I'm happy you like them as I painted these two kind of fast.

-Veritas
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juin 20, 2007, 16:11:55 »

Here's an updated pic. As you can see I switched to NMM and I used the tutorial in Rackham's Cry Havoc! 2 for doing the rust.

I think it looks much better, but it takes quite a bit more time. Oh well. I think it was worth it. 

Anymore comments before I call it quits and move onto the base? I thought about the wash on the spikes, but I think I like the larger contrast between them and the skin. And I will add a little tone to the nipples. I won't leave them blobs of white.   Clin d'oeil

-Veritas
Gaixo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #8 le: Juin 20, 2007, 17:14:44 »

I have to agree with others, don't care for the high-contrast skin details (don't mind it on the spines). The improved metal bits look really good, though.
Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Juin 21, 2007, 05:24:30 »

I have to agree with others, don't care for the high-contrast skin details (don't mind it on the spines). The improved metal bits look really good, though.

I think you're schizophrenic. Because the only person who criticized the skin  is you so the only person you can agree with is yourself.  Clin d'oeil (Just a joke.)

Anyways, yes, the skin is highlighted a little harshly because these are gaming models and not display models. I see painting gaming level models kind of like a theater actor putting on make-up. If you look at theater makeup up close it usually appears very heavy and garish, but if you're seeing it from your seat in the audience it looks normal. Hence, my close up pics of the models look a little jarring, but on a gaming table they look lovely because they "pop." To be honest, I think many display pieces don't look very good in a game or at least you can't appreciate them during a game anyways.

I used to try painting all my minis to display quality until I figured it was a waste of time for gaming purposes. They don't look appreciably better during a game and they always make me paranoid some kids going to try to grab them during a game at the local store or they'll get knocked down or something and then those beautiful minis have almost impossible to repair chips and wind up looking like garbage.

Not to criticize you, Gaixo. I just thought I'd give a proper explanation of why I paint the way I paint. In other words, I'm not ignoring your advice because it's bad, but because it's not something I feel I need to address to get my model to the state I want it. Make sense?

-Veritas
Gaixo
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #10 le: Juin 21, 2007, 13:46:01 »

I think you're schizophrenic. Because the only person who criticized the skin  is you so the only person you can agree with is yourself.  Clin d'oeil (Just a joke.)
Oops. I think my mind saw Snakeking's comment about ripped snot and translated it into my mind as a negative comment. To be fair (to myself   Tire la langue), Nicky also recommended toning down the highlights.

But I see what you're saying, and they do look good. All the more so on the battlefield, surely. We're all too used to judging display models, perhaps.
snakeking
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Juin 21, 2007, 16:09:52 »

rust looks better now! skin still looks great. lets see those bases!

I undercoated demons last night. hoping to get some paint on them tonight before trying a game tomorrow!

Veritas
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #12 le: Juin 22, 2007, 12:20:55 »

Well, here's the finished Croc Warriors. I did the bases in plain black gravel, but I added little pools of lava in spots to give it that "hellish" atmosphere. Maybe on my next models I'll try sculpting a few little crags or something and have the lava flowing around them. *shrug*

I also tinted the nipples a bit with some purple and I brought up the highlights on his weapon wraps because I thought they were dull.

-Veritas
Isley
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Juin 22, 2007, 14:12:08 »

Hooooo, it's really very nice..

Good job and painting.

Congratulations.
snakeking
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #14 le: Juin 22, 2007, 15:18:08 »

looks great.
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.