Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  strongest and weakest faction
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: strongest and weakest faction  (Lu 24189 fois)
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 11:39:49 »

i can attest to that particular strategy not being fun im on the recieving end of it more or less every time i play

I`ve switched over to Mercs now, so you shouldn`t be facing quite so many grenadiers.   Grimaçant
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 16:37:43 »

quite so many? you mean 3 instead of 4. you are kind  Roulement des yeux  Clin d'oeil
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #17 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 16:40:31 »

quite so many? you mean 3 instead of 4. you are kind  Roulement des yeux  Clin d'oeil

Nah, closer to none.  Gilles is lacking in the good ol` Prestige.  Suppose I could find out my Voyageuse and give her a whirl.   Clin d'oeil

Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #18 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 16:59:39 »

Nah, closer to none.  Gilles is lacking in the good ol` Prestige.  Suppose I could find out my Voyageuse and give her a whirl.   Clin d'oeil
In my opinion to be allowed to use the best units of the different factions is everything but good for the balance of the game...

No offense but to discover some players used Rossinate, 2 grenaders and 2 hashishins make me sick. I hate this Prestige ability  Embarrassé

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #19 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 17:02:30 »

In my opinion to be allowed to use the best units of the different factions is everything but good for the balance of the game...

No offense but to discover some players used Rossinate, 2 grenaders and 2 hashishins make me sick. I hate this Prestige ability  Embarrassé

Two hashashins (says Sean Connery) you say ?  Interesting ....    Roulement des yeux

Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Octobre 09, 2008, 17:21:04 »

Two hashashins (says Sean Connery) you say ?  Interesting ....    Roulement des yeux
Even more you still have 1 CMD point left to buy another grenader if you think your army is not strong enough  Clin d'oeil

As a side note I would like to decline the game we were supposed to have together  Roulement des yeux  Grimaçant

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #21 le: Octobre 10, 2008, 00:37:10 »

i have issues with mercs and race of origin myself. i used isiah and the golum in my demon army t'other day and felt dirty for it really. jew and satanists working hand in hand strikes me as wrong.

its the same thing for warhammer chaos gods, im hugely opposed to god mixing there too, it spoils the fluff of the army and in a way takes away a fun part of the hobby.

id be a change to play mercs though mark never played against a pure merc list before. a think a mourner might be in my lists to dent giles a little bit with all his lovely orders.
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #22 le: Octobre 10, 2008, 11:59:07 »

Mercs are Mercs.  They like the money.  You can always think of it more as the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  I would be interested in seeing some religious campatability thing for taking Mercs in other armies though. Something as simple as "Isiah will not work for a Satanic leader" or "Charon will work for anybody".

Sara from the Westerners army is a Satanist but seems to do ok with all those Christians around.  I guess the fact she`s bewitched Vargas could help.   Grimaçant

Nutzoide
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #23 le: Octobre 10, 2008, 23:12:14 »

Sara from the Westerners army is a Satanist but seems to do ok with all those Christians around.  I guess the fact she`s bewitched Vargas could help.   Grimaçant

That's a nice example that already sets the precedent. Also, while we can see their religion printed on their cards, I automatically assumed that some characters, especially mercs, wouldn't be wearing their higher allegiance pinned to their lapels! I can really see Gilles commanding a mixed christian/unbeliever/whatever band for 'the greater good', wink wink. Or someone like Isiah or Gotz allying themselves to others for a genuine greater good, and hopefully to convert some of those heathen rabble along the way by demonstrating his power on the battlefield. Or just to go turncoat after the worst were dealt with. It's not necessarily obvious which factions/religions some of these characters might consider to be the greatest threats, ideologically.

I guess it's how you see the flavour of each character.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... It's not an easy afterlife down here you know!
Worm
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument

« Répondre #24 le: Octobre 11, 2008, 12:28:31 »

May seems that the tendancies for part three are :

In part three,
- Saracens
- Mercs
- Westerners
- Daemons
- Losts

Westerners found their way using WMD : big and strong armies using grenadiers aplenty and Sister Eloise, plus a tactic with Georg using their special card to get domination and Georg's order.

Losts begins to pay hard not to have any tricky combos, but we're still a big challenge for our opponent if they make any mistake.

As I explained in the French part, I think there's different levels of expertise :
For me, Losts are a basic army : we win when opponent fails. Simple as that.

Citation de: Diderot
Le consentement des hommes réunis en société est le fondement du pouvoir. Celui qui ne s'est établi que par la force ne peut subsister que par la force.
nightwatch
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #25 le: Octobre 11, 2008, 13:32:20 »

WMD? weapons of mass destruction! are all these results with 100% faction specific or do the include mercs on each side ?
daemons are a lot lower than i thought

si vis pacem para bellum
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Octobre 22, 2008, 11:29:50 »

I would guess that demons tend to have very similiar lists with similiar strategies that people learn to play around. The other armies may pose some more variability into their tactics. More or less a shot-in-the-dark-idea though.

Saracens have a heck of a lot of combo potential so that may explain their good ranking.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
nightwatch
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #27 le: Octobre 22, 2008, 11:42:22 »

well as i stated in this post earlier, we now play lost and westerners, and i must say westerners at the moment are playing really well,
i thought at first the demons may have been to powerful, hence going for lost, (as its me an the missus) but i think after a few games its more on play style and finding weaknesses in the opposing army, must say the pavlova bird seems a hard cookie

si vis pacem para bellum
Worm
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument

« Répondre #28 le: Octobre 22, 2008, 11:57:06 »

Demons are really powerful because they are all around : they can answer to everybody.

Grenades ? We have a lot of hp and health capacities
Contact ? Come on and play with my Big Damneds on my Succubus without Vae Soli/victis thanks to the ambassador.
Combos ? Great, we have someone who crys for you...

But demons are the only army where you can't buy all that you need. You have to make choices.

Moreover, they share another weakness with the Losts, having no troops able to reach protected weaknesses, like hashishins does. Things will change when Shah Ren Ze will come.

Last point : I noticed that demons players are mainly the most attached to the fact of beeing pure. Even in tournaments, only a few of them takes people who are not coordinated with the "style" (like Gotz, Golem or Squamates).

Demons Roxxx Sourire

Citation de: Diderot
Le consentement des hommes réunis en société est le fondement du pouvoir. Celui qui ne s'est établi que par la force ne peut subsister que par la force.
BeBert
Pionniers
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #29 le: Octobre 22, 2008, 12:00:02 »

Citation
I would guess that demons tend to have very similiar lists with similiar strategies that people learn to play around

I don't think so.
Daemons like saracens have a lot of possibilities. Each reference is really different from the others, and all are well balanced, so you will find a lot of "competitive" lists. That's not the case for example with Lost and Westerners.

Venez-jouer à Hell-Dorado au sein de la Ludothèque de Boulogne-Billancourt !

http://ludotheque.fr-bb.com/bienvenue-f12/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.