Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - Modelling and Miniatures
| | |-+  terrain board
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: terrain board  (Lu 4472 fois)
nightwatch
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Octobre 06, 2008, 16:51:26 »

ok, gonna make a nice board for hd, has anyone else done any? what about some pictures,ideas?
i make my own scenery for war machine/hordes, but want to make this as the board is smaller, a really nice fantasy esc piece.
gates of hell, lava etc, if you have seen the wracks for war machine? gonna use some of those as well as they fit in just great, (and i have some spare)
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

si vis pacem para bellum
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #1 le: Octobre 06, 2008, 17:18:08 »

We're working on a second one actually.  No pics ATM, but I'll see what I can do.
Clousseau
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Octobre 08, 2008, 01:04:15 »

I've made a modular board using 9 x 10" squares of MDF which then fit onto a larger board. Idea was to suit the scenarios with the reverse side of each 'tile' having some of the special effects. The tiles are rather 2D comprising of red lava streams between a dark grey covering (using speckled spray paint).

A friend has used a similar approach, but added cork layers to give a 3D effect.

Don't have any photos at the moment, but hopefully will have some later this week from the demo I ran at Gamesfest.
nightwatch
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #3 le: Octobre 08, 2008, 12:04:43 »

what i have an idea for is some sort of gates of hell, standing one end with ruines all around, from about a 3rd in to finish about a 3rd from opposite table edge,
obviously you can turn the board to make gaming different rather than one person each end with the one end being better.
but i was thinking of blue/pink foam but its so expensive, but i could then do the modular route easier with pits/valley/lava flows and bridges, which could be turned over for flatter/different terrain, a bit similar to the one in the rule book.

si vis pacem para bellum
Night Hunter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Novembre 18, 2008, 15:16:25 »

I have been working on a Necropolis board- so the base is pretty flat, and then making pieces for the bidding round that might fit the theme-  who all is playing full terraformation rules in English?  It seems to add so much to the game that it is a different game all together without it.....
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Février 03, 2009, 13:08:03 »

We have been working on a Necropolis board too and the full terraformation rules make a huge difference on the gameplay. Besides it looks fairly pretty.

Although I have read somewhere that you cannot split terrain as in the initial terraformation rules anymore we made usually 6 ~ 3x4'' pieces for each terrain element and declare the zone inbetween as being of the same type. This avoids that 3x3 Grid Feeling you might have otherwise.
It was fairly challanging to create all the terrain... I think there are around 12 special terrain elements + 3 zone of conflics types for the necropolis setting alone other than the classic 'block of rocks'... type of terrain. The maggot fields, the altar of the forgotten gods, the soulcollectors, ...

The good thing: the terrain adds a lot value to the game and everyone enjoys playing on that board. However I think it is quite difficult if you ever wanted to make a tournament building sufficient boards as it takes a fair amount (besides we spent several hundred euros on the materials for a single board).
Reuben
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #6 le: Février 07, 2009, 05:01:45 »

I've been working on a modular terrain board. I've started with a burning Hells theme, but we're mixing in Necropolis elements (taking liberties with the rules, I know). Thus far, we've got several craters of Lava (I bought some Citadel mooncraters and lavafied the center of them) a field of burning embers, some fumeroles emitting nasty fumes, and some stalagmite areas. We've mounted the areas on cork flooring boards that I've cut down to 10"x10" areas. Not ridiculous expensive so far; I've spent maybe $150 AUS? Next off, I'm making a field of Corpses using some citadel Zombies. As soon as I get a digital camera I'll post some WIP pictures.
alecfras
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Février 27, 2009, 08:41:59 »

I'm about to start on my own Necropolis board, actually and was considering starting off with one of those latex rubber mats from Zuzzy miniatures as the base for the tabletop.  The level of detail on that on it's own will make it stand out in a very impressive way and they come pre-cut in any size you need - specifically 30"x30" (perfect for a game of Hell Dorado, yes?)  Clin d'oeil  They're great prices, too.  I think a 30x30 is about 25 bucks.

- Alec
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Février 27, 2009, 09:54:33 »

I own a zuzzy mat and I'm loving it

(see http://arch01.forum.helldorado.fr/index.php?topic=3507.0 and http://arch01.forum.helldorado.fr/index.php?topic=3468.0 for examples on a mat painted with a reddish tint)

Remember to add the s&h costs to the total also and possible VAT. Although that does increase the price if you order from Europe, it's still definitely worth it in my opinion.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.