Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Total Newbie Starting Out
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Total Newbie Starting Out  (Lu 5092 fois)
graven
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Décembre 22, 2008, 17:49:35 »

So, having resisted the lure of beautiful miniatures, knowing that if I got some I'd have to play, one of my pals (works for a game store... hmm) got me the Russian Trapper & deserters. I'm intrigued by the possibility of playing Mercs for a couple of reasons - no one locally plays them exclusiively, and my impression is that tactically they run off a few heavy-hitting point-intensive units that operate pretty much separately to one another (which is very unlike any style of army I play in other games, and I like variety). An early stab at a list runs at:

Gilles de Rais        94
Russian Trapper   25
Deserter             11
Deserter             11
Gotz                   27
Alazis                  30

+Helle Moller        22 (reinforcement)

Motivating factors are (a) what looks pretty (b) my early impressions of what will make for some beatdown. I love the Trapper in particular - knockdown looks terriifyingly potent. Anyway, please feel free to shred it, but any input, thoughts etc., much appreciated!
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Continuing to mould other people's children in my image...
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Décembre 22, 2008, 22:55:02 »

So, having resisted the lure of beautiful miniatures, knowing that if I got some I'd have to play, one of my pals (works for a game store... hmm) got me the Russian Trapper & deserters. I'm intrigued by the possibility of playing Mercs for a couple of reasons - no one locally plays them exclusiively, and my impression is that tactically they run off a few heavy-hitting point-intensive units that operate pretty much separately to one another (which is very unlike any style of army I play in other games, and I like variety). An early stab at a list runs at:

Gilles de Rais        94
Russian Trapper   25
Deserter             11
Deserter             11

Motivating factors are (a) what looks pretty (b) my early impressions of what will make for some beatdown. I love the Trapper in particular - knockdown looks terriifyingly potent. Anyway, please feel free to shred it, but any input, thoughts etc., much appreciated!

Welcome to the Mercs.   Grimaçant

Firstly, Gilles special is for troopers so can`t take Helle I`m afraid.  Just the bog standard troops.  He is a great fighter though and I like bringing a couple of the lizards to back him up.

I havn`t tried the russian or deserters yet but I definately plan on doing so.  Knockdown in Hell Dorado is great.  No model is too powerful when laid on their back. 

Don`t make the mistake of thinking of the Mercs as loners too.  While they can often stand on their own they will become a lot more powerful when teamed up.  Have you thought about the Golem ?  Its a great model that just WILL NOT DIE.  It also stops those pesky models attacking your harmless (cbt -) models. 

I quite like Alazais.  While hiding safely behind (or even in front) of the Golem, she can knock off the vital little points of damage with no real danger to herself.  A little expensive, but tactically useful.

Gotz I`ve always found to be somebody who survives the game.  Just a great troop.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Worm
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument

« Répondre #2 le: Décembre 23, 2008, 11:22:11 »

Gilles de Rais        94
Russian Trapper   25
Deserter             11
Deserter             11

What is really great with this team is that you only need 3 boxes to get something fun to play.
The bad part is that you have no side.

Tchoutchou is quite right : having Helle as a reinforcement is like eating a nice T-bone just after an ice cream. Nomads will bring their competences before the fight starts and bring some nice-to-move troopers on the battlefield.

If I can advise you two investments to come, it's :
- Nomads
- Sha Ren Ze
...in order to build you an efficient side Sourire

Welcome in Hell !

Citation de: Diderot
Le consentement des hommes réunis en société est le fondement du pouvoir. Celui qui ne s'est établi que par la force ne peut subsister que par la force.
graven
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Décembre 25, 2008, 10:18:39 »

>What is really great with this team is that you only need 3 boxes to get something fun to play.

Definitely a factor in my decision!

>The bad part is that you have no side.

True...

>Nomads will bring their competences before the fight starts and bring some nice-to-move troopers on the battlefield.

I'd discounted nomads because I thought Gilles had enough Dominance control?

>If I can advise you two investments to come, it's :
>- Nomads
>- Sha Ren Ze
>...in order to build you an efficient side Sourire

How does Sha Ren play?

>Welcome in Hell !

Merci beaucoup! et Joyeux Noel tout le monde!

Thanks for input folks, I'll have a think and see what I can come up with; further suggestions always gratefully received!

Worm
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument

« Répondre #4 le: Décembre 25, 2008, 13:12:09 »

I'd discounted nomads because I thought Gilles had enough Dominance control?
Actually you're right on this point : Nomads will not bring any advantage for you regarding dominance control.
But they'll be useful both as terraformers and mobile troops to accomplish mission goals

Citation
How does Sha Ren play?
For 1 permanent cmd you can teleport next to the opponent with the less amount of hit points. A must against grenadeers or Golem, but as tchoutchou said also to make proper kills at the right time on wounded opponents.

Citation
Merci beaucoup! et Joyeux Noel tout le monde!
Ca valait bien le coup de se casser le fion à écrire anglais, tiens Souriant
Citation
Thanks for input folks, I'll have a think and see what I can come up with; further suggestions always gratefully received!
Further questions as well, and do not hesitate to relate the tales of your troop Sourire
« Dernière édition: Décembre 26, 2008, 17:22:17 par Worm » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Citation de: Diderot
Le consentement des hommes réunis en société est le fondement du pouvoir. Celui qui ne s'est établi que par la force ne peut subsister que par la force.
graven
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Décembre 26, 2008, 16:22:57 »

Citation
Ca valait bien le coup de se casser le fion à écrire anglais, tiens Souriant

Bof ;-)

graven
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Décembre 29, 2008, 09:16:37 »

Okay, so, revised list:
Gilles de Rais   94
Russian Trapper   25
Helle Moller      22
Gotz      27
Deserter      11
Deserter      11
Damned      9
+ Reinforcements
Damned      9
Damned      9

I really like the fact that (AFAIK) I don't have to choose the abilities of the Damned until I play them, which will allow me to adapt as necessary in game. I'll probably pick up Sha Ren Zhe as well, just for variety.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Metropolis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Janvier 09, 2009, 02:06:56 »

Sha Ren Zhe is a beaut to put together as well. That was my christmas present.

I'll try and get along on 20th - depends on baby status.

Ron
ganggreen
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Janvier 09, 2009, 17:53:31 »

hi Sam, its Jeff, welcome to Hell.

list looks good, for a start. Be warned the minis are very addictive.

P.s My main list is Demons, but i also play mercs

See you on 19/1/09
graven
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #9 le: Janvier 09, 2009, 20:02:34 »

,ever forget the power of 2 nomad squamats.

they can run 10 feets, are "arpenteurs" (no idea of english word) and have a nice damage table, nice hps and 2 PR.

it's some of the best soldiers in hell dorado atm.

for 24 points they are best renforcement gilles de rais can have.

about your list, hell moller is useless. she's nice only Vs named. take alazais to replace helle moller and the damned.
alasais in combo with sha is awesome. she have a life tap at 6 feets for 3 damages.
i tested this combo yesteday, i finished 1 independant per tour at tour 2, 3 and 4 (at tour 4, sha died...)

Appreciate your thoughts on this; nomads are next on my shopping list anyway. I was wondering about Helle actually - I'm starting think she's a side fig. Alazais and Sha had occured to me, but I wondered if it might run better off a Voyageuse list. Good to hear it worked for you though.

Sha Ren Zhe is a beaut to put together as well.

Yeah, I expected a bit of a Khador gap; not convinced by that chain, mind you. Grr... I notice you were up @ 2am! Getting ready for baby are we?
hi Sam, its Jeff, welcome to Hell.

list looks good, for a start. Be warned the minis are very addictive.

See you on 19/1/09
Cheers, Ta and thanks! 20th, not 19th - I am dumb as a post.

Thanks again guys for all the input and I'll let you know how it goes!

Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.