Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  new...where to start?
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: new...where to start?  (Lu 3420 fois)
leeoaks
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Février 04, 2009, 00:04:37 »

hi all, i have been wargaming for years then stopped and have no with my partner decided to start up again. We stumbled across this fabulous looking game and want in!

i like the look of the immortals and my fiance likes the Égarés are these sensible places to start?  we will purchase the starter sets, will this make for an exciting game?

Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #1 le: Février 04, 2009, 00:59:34 »

Hey leeoaks, welcome to the forums and to the game.

Immortals seem very nice, but you still have to wait almost a month to get them and little is known of how they play apart from the fact that they will have a yin/yang additional complexity. The Lost (egares) are probably a good faction to start as they tend to have simpler strategies, specially with the starter box. Probably the most difficult of the other factions are the Demons, otherwise any starter box is good.

But the most sensible place to start is the forum where you will find treasures of information  Grimaçant

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Février 04, 2009, 11:00:46 »

hi all, i have been wargaming for years then stopped and have no with my partner decided to start up again. We stumbled across this fabulous looking game and want in!

i like the look of the immortals and my fiance likes the Égarés are these sensible places to start?  we will purchase the starter sets, will this make for an exciting game?

If you like the look of `em, then get `em.  Sourire

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Février 04, 2009, 11:14:20 »

Immortals look fantastic but frankly, as I know their rules, I should say this faction won't be the easiest to start playing with.

But as Dogmest explained "if you love if... Huh"

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Alaster
Ambassadeur Infernal
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Call me "Master"

« Répondre #4 le: Février 04, 2009, 11:20:18 »

Okay.

If you want to start with Hell Dorado, the immortels won't be the easier to do. That's because they'll got some particularities in their way of play.

But the fact is that if you didn't play at Hell Dorado before, you have the chance to not be blocked by the past of the play and then you'll learn all the news tacticles and rules as if they were always be there... so in final, you'll have only some rules more to learn and to aprehend with the immortels. startng with them could be a fine way to do.

And as Dogmeat says : If you like them, take them... that's the primary advice to follow Grimaçant

[EDIT] Fired by D-S Clin d'oeil

And to go in his direction, they are quit hard to well play with... But if you'll play with beginers it can be Clin d'oeil
« Dernière édition: Février 04, 2009, 11:21:59 par Alaster » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

- Tournois de l'AJFV
- "La démocratie je l'emmerde, ici vous êtes dans ma maison. Dans la rue vous faites comme vous le sentez, chez moi vous mettez les patins ou vous restez dehors" (Geof)
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #5 le: Février 04, 2009, 11:43:23 »

I cannot say anything about the immortals, however a few things about the égares:
- they are the only faction that doesn't have any magicians (satanists in HD) unless you add mercenaries (there is nothing wrong with having no spell casters, it is just a fun aspect of hell dorado as spells are not a simple 'aoe / ranged attack'... those little demons, called lemures carry the spells aronud the battle field)
- the egares have an edge when it comes to terrain setup / dealing with terrain --> you should look in the terraformation rules and try building an appropriate gaming table for HD or use print outs to represent those terrain elements. They are only available in french, but parts of it can be found here in english: http://www.conf-federation.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11364.

Otherwise: welcome to one of the most fun table top games I have ever played and the miniature seem to be 'state-of-the-art' really.

(oh and don't worry about the choice of the initial faction... I intended to focus on one, eventually i started a second and by now .. well.. the immortals will be my 6th *cough*)
« Dernière édition: Février 04, 2009, 15:03:59 par Rho » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Février 04, 2009, 14:50:49 »

If you want to start with Hell Dorado, the immortels won't be the easier to do. That's because they'll got some particularities in their way of play.

I really wouldn`t worry about the Yin Yang thing for Immortals.  Its not really a very difficult mechanic.  It does give you something to remember but not that much more than the other armies.  Its just something that is, rather than something that you have to do, if that makes sense.

Get the army that appeals visually and just learn how to use them.   Grimaçant

leeoaks
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Février 04, 2009, 22:13:17 »

ok i'm gonna get some sarrisins because i can't wait that long!  i'm gonna get the starter set and one other box, any recomendations???
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Février 04, 2009, 22:22:08 »

ok i'm gonna get some sarrisins because i can't wait that long!  i'm gonna get the starter set and one other box, any recomendations???

I`d recommend the Alchemist and Lancer box.  They`re the things I seem to have the most consistent trouble with.  The Lancer is a combat beast and the Alchemist can is one of those pieces that doesn`t seem to do much damage but does it in all the right places.

Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.