Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.  (Lu 56602 fois)
Magno
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #45 le: Mars 08, 2009, 04:29:45 »

Well, I'm pumping money into this game as of now and I'm not gonna look back in July/August if the game goes under. If anything I've a heap of models that will be fun to paint and in the end my investment wasn't bitchslapped by the game designers. I would pay money to see someone, or given the opportunity to kick Jean Bey in the nuts and slap him with a 10kg bag full of his plastic models. 

There were only two games previous that knocked me on my ass when I started playing: Conf and Infinity. After my first game of Helldorado, I sat back in my chair and thought, "This game is gonna be a joy to be involved in."

Alkemy, Warmachine, Uncharted Seas, 40k, Urban War, Rezolution, Dark Age, AE-WWII and FoW were all like cheap dates their first time out.

A. I had already invested into Alkemy and this game is much better. Models have a better table presence and the game is smoother, quicker and more realistic (gameplay wise).
B. The models are hands down better. I HATE working with plastic. Cleaning mold lines and flash is a pain in the ass with plastic, especially when its as small as Alkemy models.
C. The universe, atmosphere and interaction of the game designers is great.

Here's to a fun next few months and hopefully longer.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #46 le: Mars 08, 2009, 10:38:58 »

Well, I just decided to buy myself a box of immortals, so an investor had better show up...  Grimaçant

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #47 le: Mars 16, 2009, 12:39:09 »

Sorry if this has been talked about elsewhere, or I'm missing something, but is the whole project getting shut down? Even the French edition(s). I've never played HD with english cards and only the pdf english rules and we seem to get by quite well. All being said if we stick to it, French or not, and give it the support people have been doing anyway then somewhere down the line things might start to look up again. The Immortals prove just how good this game is getting with some of the most stunning figures I've ever layed eyes on. If I came into the money I would start a company and snatch this up in an instant, never seen such a gold mine! Maybe we should go on Dragons Den?
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #48 le: Mars 16, 2009, 13:08:51 »

http://arch01.forum.helldorado.fr/index.php?topic=3730.0

Apparently yes. That's what Asmodée is doing, as they *insert sarcastic tone of voice here* seem to be focusing on their core compentences. There seem to be several potential buyers for the license, so I don't think that HD will die.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Volstagg Ophanim
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #49 le: Avril 11, 2009, 09:44:17 »

Ayiee!

Apparently, Asmodee is shutting down production prematurely!
Whilst trying to locate a Saracen starter box, I discovered these troubling signs:

"Some items have already sold out on Asmodee's end and
 we can not get anymore since they have stopped production on them
so get these minis while you can.  Enjoy!"
http://www.fantization.com/
I came across a similair notice from Maelstrom :
"availability:
no longer available.
This item is only shown for order history purposes."

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=ade_hld_scn_ess_101_000&sou=bas
After Frantic orders from three different web-sites to get what I may whilst it is available, I am forced to ask:

Anyone know where I can find a Saracen Starter Box...?!?

« Dernière édition: Avril 11, 2009, 13:51:58 par Volstagg Ophanim » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #50 le: Avril 12, 2009, 11:05:29 »

I heard from a local dealer that Asmodée has been checking for the demand of a reprint of the saracen starter box - so possibly these boxes will be available again soonish. Since the upcoming tournament at the gencon paris is the last 'big official event' if I understand the information on the french part of the forum correctly, I wouldn't be surprised if an anouncement concerning the future of the game would follow shortly. If there is already another company who has aquired the license for the game by now it would make perfect sense for me that they'd be doing the reprint etc and I think such event would be suited for that kind of announcement. Maybe such reprint would include the english 1635 cards .. (now that's wishful thinking).
« Dernière édition: Avril 12, 2009, 11:07:17 par Rho » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #51 le: Avril 13, 2009, 00:31:29 »

Sounds good to me  Sourire Lets' hope you are on the money!
19-Goethe-91
Invité
« Répondre #52 le: Avril 19, 2009, 14:04:59 »

Hello all of you Helll Dorado men out there,
first of all I'm new to this board and this is my first post here. Since the last Sunday (April 11th) I'm a proud owner of the Immortals starter set and I'm really happy, the miniatures are fantastic, all of them! Since I know Hell Dorado, I love the miniatures, every single mini I've seen is just great (except from a few Demons which are a bit strange, but also great models^^).  I've got also plans what faction/modles I want to have in addition, and also my girlfriend's going to start to play Hell Dorado (ordered her Saracens just a few days ago), and I think that I will buy a lot more models, as long as they are available (and as long I can afford the money^^). Also I've read the English rules  and English Cards (the PDF's) and the only thing I thought was 'they are one of the best rules I know , especially in connection with the great models'. So I'm looking happy to the future to my first game of Hell Dorado.
The only thing I hope and wish for the future of this great game is, that there will come a buyer who will bring up the English rulebokk and all this stuff, so they will conquer the English-speaking world, and maybe hell, too...^^ But also here in Germany I know a lot of people who'd like to start playing and buyng the game, if there were English rules, so let's pray to God for the future of this fantastic game.
Hell Dorado, Geoff an his team: you've got my support, even if I just started collecting the miniatures and I'm new to the game and not very deeply involved in it yet.

greets
Christian

P.S.: Hope you forgive my English if it's too bad, as I said, I'm only German^^-
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #53 le: Avril 19, 2009, 22:25:14 »

Well said and welcome!  Grimaçant

I'm off to my LGS Today (hopefully) to grab the Immortals - just need to skyve off work for an hour  Clin d'oeil
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #54 le: Avril 29, 2009, 10:40:22 »

Googletranslate from the french area:

Thomas David:
I believe there will be good news presented formally, as has always been the case.

CCCP
Yes there will still be news and the official site should continue longer than expected.
HD is in a transitional phase and when everything is settled, Asmodée will make an announcement on the official website. 

--

Okay... although much probably is lost in translation, but a) "transitional phase" doesn't sound too good (I may be put of by "that other french miniature games company") and b) "Asmodée will make an announcement" -part. Wasn't the game looking for potential buyers? What has Asm to do with the game anymore except sell it to the highest bidder and try to get rid of the remaining boxes they have in stock...

The people demand rumors!

BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #55 le: Avril 29, 2009, 12:12:24 »

DON'T TEASE!
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #56 le: Avril 29, 2009, 12:16:35 »

I think it was mentioned on 'Le Salon de Jeu' that within a ~2 weeks we can expect an official announcment and it sounded as if chances are very good that HD will continue. A transition phase sounds to me well and might indicate that a buyer has been found by now actually - shutting down the website, making a sale would be pretty much unprofessinal and if anything I think the guys from HD did a very good job at informing the community. I wasn't in to tabletop gaming at the time the 'other french company' started struggeling, however from what I've been told they never informed anyone and they promised releases that would never make it and all of a sudden something else was released that noone expected. I'm sure the staff of HD would love to give us some more details however that wouldn't be professional either and everyone would start blaming them if it doesn't turn out that way. Trying to interpret any word of them is a bit risky too.
On a sidenote, I think it was mentioned at the con as well that the potential buyers are a spanish company, a british and an american one - this would make a release of an english rule book and stat cards in printed form more than likely. My only worry is that the company would try to interfere with the initial vision of the current HD Team. Anyhow, let's wait for the official announcment and play a few games meanwhile.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #57 le: Avril 30, 2009, 14:41:13 »

Okay... although much probably is lost in translation, but a) "transitional phase" doesn't sound too good (

Ity sounds better than "that's it, we're all done here". Sourire
Falk
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

WWW Courriel
« Répondre #58 le: Mai 02, 2009, 14:47:06 »

Thanks for the update!

Citation
On a sidenote, I think it was mentioned at the con as well that the potential buyers are a spanish company, a british and an american one
So? Let's make some guesses!

Spanish: Corvus Belli
British: Simple Miniatures (as mentioned on page 2 of this thread)
American: FFG

sasori
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #59 le: Mai 02, 2009, 20:37:17 »

Please not FFG. They'll convert everything to fit the "Song of Ice and Fire" setting, announce a product release schedule, and then immediately stop production on everything. Yay for us.  Tire la langue

Terry m

Life at last.
Salutations from the other side.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.