Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Asmodee stops the edition of Hell Dorado.  (Lu 56650 fois)
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #60 le: Mai 02, 2009, 22:17:14 »

Corvus Belli would definitely be cool, and (of course) SMG would be even better.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #61 le: Mai 04, 2009, 15:29:16 »

Oh, I don't know.  I think FFG was doing fine with Rackham stuff, but they didn't really have a good company to work with.  They've definitely been willing to take chances with their product offering, so I could see this working pretty well.  That being said, however, I'd suspect Iron Wind to be a more likely candidate (and I'd really prefer Reaper).
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #62 le: Mai 04, 2009, 17:19:02 »

I'd rather see Reaper and IW stay far away from Hell Dorado personally. I haven't seen anything in their catalogues that would lead me to believe them capable of producing some of the more complex Hell Dorado miniatures.

But that's my opinion.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #63 le: Mai 04, 2009, 17:58:06 »

Well, that depends on the sculptors, doesn't it. It doesn't matter who ends up wqith the line; if they get different sculptors in, the miniatures will look different. Personally, I think Werner Klocke or Ben Siens are of a similar quality, albiet with a different style.
WEiRD sKeTCH
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

The Devil Inside

Courriel
« Répondre #64 le: Mai 04, 2009, 18:58:21 »

Werner Klocke with his female sculpts that have bubble-like heads?

I'm not a big fan of his stuff. Freebooter minis make me wince...
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #65 le: Mai 04, 2009, 19:42:34 »

I'm referring more to casting processes and quality.  My friend does casting for a living (I used to do it for a bit) and everytime he sees a HD model, he often comments on how complex the mold must be. 3 or 4 parts, and venting, and pressure, etc.  And how clean the figs are coming out of said molds.

I've never had a Reaper fig I didn't have to scrape or trim, and the majority are from 2-part molds.  Similar experience with Iron Wind.

Now I'm not trying to slag on either company.

And I would hope to God they would keep the same sculptors.  That would be jarring having new guys do all the sculpts.

Corto
Pionniers
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #66 le: Mai 05, 2009, 01:40:45 »

Werner Klocke with his female sculpts that have bubble-like heads?

I'm not a big fan of his stuff. Freebooter minis make me wince...

Heresy! I am lobbying in the righ tplaces to have a new circle added in hell for people who don't like those minis  Souriant

Sarrasins, égarés, démons, occidentaux, mercenaires, et un voyageur sans age...
Saracen, lost, demons, mercenaries, and one timeless traveler...
Magno
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #67 le: Mai 05, 2009, 02:28:40 »

Werne's stuff is ok, but not nearly the calibre of folks like Rios and company.
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #68 le: Mai 05, 2009, 09:35:43 »

i think its paramount to keep the current sculptors at all costs. if the style of the miniatures changes even slightly it will put alot of people off, myself included.

whoever takes HD over needs to literally pick up and carry on as is, dont interfere, dont change crap around just back it financially and stay away from the creative side. make sure they distribute well, get their translations sorted ASAP (because the money is in the english market here) rebuild interest in tournies and try to keep their remaining fans happy. leaving it all too long will be rackham all over again, people will get tired of waiting and drift off elsewhere.

whoever can do all that will get my vote it doesnt really matter to me who they are as long as they deliver.
Grendel
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #69 le: Mai 05, 2009, 15:57:50 »

I definitely agree that they should try to keep the same artists and sculptors, but the actual casting is something that I feel IW or Reaper could adapt to.  Their models are geared to a different type of gamer for the most part, so the complexity doesn't need to be as high.  Does that mean they are incapable of producing them?  I don't think so.

As for Werner...I like some of his Freebooter stuff, but I'm typically very impressed with the work he does for Reaper.  But for some reason I like Bob Ridolfi's stuff better - and I do think he could do some interesting things with HD (but hope he never has to).
g
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #70 le: Mai 06, 2009, 16:43:02 »

Heresy! I am lobbying in the righ tplaces to have a new circle added in hell for people who don't like those minis  Souriant
[/quote

I second this
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #71 le: Mai 12, 2009, 08:53:43 »

Nearly a week since my previous post and still no news. Come on! My painting inspiration is depending on this! If we could get some semi-reliable new information on the issue, I will finish my immortals within 10 days and post pictures!  Grimaçant

Who me impatient?

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #72 le: Mai 13, 2009, 08:47:44 »

Hmm.. been checking regularly for an update too...

Love the game, but really need to know what lies in its future...

Dennis
Rich_B
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #73 le: Mai 14, 2009, 09:50:19 »

In the absence of any news its probably fair to say that something is going on behind the scenes. As to what... Who knows...

Hammer'N'Ales Wargames Club, Hucknall, Nottingham. Tuesdays and Sundays for all sorts of fantasy, sci-fi and historical gaming. See here for details.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #74 le: Mai 14, 2009, 16:38:24 »

In the absence of any news its probably fair to say that something is going on behind the scenes. As to what... Who knows...

But of course we all know who are really behind the scenes.

Come on, the forums are dying... just give us a "patience dear fans, we are working towards a solution" kind of an answer to keep us wanting for more.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.