Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Update from Geof: HD Future and prospects
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Update from Geof: HD Future and prospects  (Lu 4939 fois)
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Mars 14, 2009, 16:29:23 »

Here's a translation of the latest news from Geof about where things are at as of now:

"Since THE ominous message I haven't really had a chance to swing by around here, at least no more than very briefly. Here are a few thoughts and information that certainly won't answer all your questions... but let's say it's a start.

- First of all, thanks for your countless messages of support, unfortunately I haven't been able to reply to each and every one of you, but I really was touched to read nice comments from people that I knew or not.

- As for a possible takeover. Things are progressing... but they are progressing slowly. I still have a lot of details to define and in fact I haven't really had time to respond accurately to quite a few people or companies interested simply because there are some unclear areas I need to clarify.

- As a consequence, since the "professional" future of Hell Dorado is still uncertain, it is difficult for me to say anything about its "amateur" future. ASMODEE and my humble self have never been very strict regarding the control of the license and I'm still convinced that a game like HD can't live without supporting individual efforts, original creations,... So I don't know what potential buyers will end up deciding, but I'll make sure to advise them to rely on the community.

- This uncertainty about a takeover also forces me to keep on hold the requests for card designs, profiles, rules... I wouldn't want to get on a path that might not end up being our future one.

- A buyer will have many things in their basket (books, maps, translation ...), what they want to do with them remains to be decided.

- In any case people are working on official 1635 cards in English and French (a HUGE thank you to CCCP, Darth Swen and all their minions), they will be immediately available on the net until we know what the potential buyer wants to do.

That's very very quick summary of where we're at, but it's a start.
Again my apologies for not responding to people who wrote me... I promised I will... one day... At this time 24 hours in a day and 7 days a week is just too little... but things will eventually settle down.

Geof"
« Dernière édition: Mars 14, 2009, 17:09:40 par mathieu » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Angora
Pionniers
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #1 le: Mars 14, 2009, 23:57:54 »

Some good news and some interesting hints.
I, for one, will keep playing the game. Now to buy all the factions... Clin d'oeil
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Mars 15, 2009, 13:10:34 »

beat  you to it ...  got them all ages ago ... Grimaçant  now I just need those pesky inmortals  and  the collection will be alsmos complete ...
Magno
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Mars 15, 2009, 23:14:21 »

I take that as good news. Especially so soon after the big announcement.

I just bought a few starters and extra blisters for a play group in the area. See if we can't get the ball finally rolling on this one around here.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Mars 16, 2009, 12:02:17 »

Great to hear that things are progressing and thus most likely the game will live on.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
sasori
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Mars 16, 2009, 17:44:34 »

I really appreciate a company that keeps us informed as to what is goin' on. It makes it so much easier to throw your support their way.   Sourire

Here's to the future of "Hell Dorado".   Grimaçant

Terry m

Life at last.
Salutations from the other side.
Rich_B
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Mars 16, 2009, 21:10:03 »

Fingers crossed!

Hammer'N'Ales Wargames Club, Hucknall, Nottingham. Tuesdays and Sundays for all sorts of fantasy, sci-fi and historical gaming. See here for details.
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.