Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for using Westerners
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Tips for using Westerners  (Lu 3848 fois)
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Juillet 17, 2009, 20:55:17 »

I'm having trouble building a decent Westerners company using Baptiste Valombre. Being a Demon player (and loving Asaliah) I'm used to having at least 6+ command to throw about, but the problem with Valombre is his pitiful CMD 3! Using his aura and the fencers charisma could be sufficient in lieu of Vae Victis but it makes me nervous not having as much options. The list I was thinking of was:

Baptiste
Fencer
Gotz
2 x Dopplesoldners
2 x Spadassins
1 x Grenadier Pistolier

I figure the 2 points of first contact from the spadassins could help with dominance (still only 15 though), But Gotz and the Fencer will eat up my cmd pretty easily and not leave any for Master Servants order or vae victis/soli during the late game.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juillet 19, 2009, 19:06:04 »

ive suffered greatly at the hands of 4 dopplesoldners, gotz and 2 pistol grenadiers used together. im a demon player myself and just can't bring them down quick enough to avoid them smashing me up. the grenades make a serious mess of demons with no armour. without asaliah to heal id be stuffed every time.
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #2 le: Juillet 28, 2009, 12:41:19 »

Personally I'm really fond of the missionary and I'd try to include him - his aura of power is much stronger than charisma and he provides an extra cmd - possibly take him instead of Götz or take Vargas and the Missionary instead of Baptiste. If you take a few heavily armored units with you Abd Ar-Rahman Ibn Muldjam is pretty good since he can heal them for 3 LP, has a few other intresting abilites  and adds another CMD point. I do like Götz, but as you mentioned ... him combined with the Fencer really burns a lot of your CMD. On a sidenote - Baptiste has CMD:4 in his 1635 profile.
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juillet 30, 2009, 11:02:30 »

Yeah I recently got the 1635 translations, can't believe Vargas is still only 40pts! Well the game's over now, I used:

(1634)

Baptiste
Fencer
Missionary
2 x Dopplesoldners
2 x Grenadiers
1 x Spadassin

By the end of the game I had killed a Great Damned of Wrath and a Demon of Flesh and all I had left was Baptiste on 1wnd. It was the very definition of pwned! It was the "arena" scenario and I was doing rather well with my fencer (my champion) nimbly avoiding his GDOA (his champion) before one fateful round when his GDOA scored 5 hits on the fencer! Splat!
My shooting was pretty ineffectual the whole game and the Succubus pretty much killed half my stuff herself.

I  really wanted to use Baptise as he was the reason I got Westerners in the first place (along with Eloise) and had never used him before. Think I'll try Georg or 1635 Vargas next.

Eusèbe
FAQ - Hell Dorado
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

googooblown@hotmail.com
« Répondre #4 le: Juillet 30, 2009, 14:11:35 »

I omly do 4 hits with the Big eager guy, and that was I think the big piece of luck that gives me the play

"Nan mais eusèbe il joue pas égaré de toute façon, il joue squamate"

Branlibu
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juillet 30, 2009, 22:20:05 »

only four, so that's only 10 damage or so! lol. I much prefer it when he's on my side!
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juillet 31, 2009, 16:32:22 »

ive suffered greatly at the hands of 4 dopplesoldners, gotz and 2 pistol grenadiers used together.

*sniggers to himself*

I`ve found that grenades hurt demons.  With no armour to speak of that bit of extra damage can be the difference between them being almost killed (and then healed) or them dieing.

I`ve not found arques to be that useful.  Much too slow.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Rho
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #7 le: Juillet 31, 2009, 22:27:12 »

When facing demons Angelo and Sara pair up nicely. Similar to the grenades the aoe spell of hers is really strong and Angelo can copy that spell and he helps to deal with the lemures of the demon player (Assaliah's spells are really nasty).
Pages: [1] Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.