Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  My first Helldorado miniatures
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: My first Helldorado miniatures  (Lu 6070 fois)
maksa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« le: Mars 28, 2008, 08:39:27 »

Hiya all!

I finally got around to painting my Sarracen army. Well, a part of it anyway.
Lots of other projects going on, finishing my Tau and Classic Marine armies for an upcoming tournament, and I bought a bucketload of Babylon 5 miniatures from Mongoose, as they're discontinuing "A Call to Arms". Last chance to get those..

Anyway, here they are:
http://figuja.googlepages.com/helldoradot2.jpg/helldoradot2-full.jpg

I'm probably not going to do much decoration to the bases, as I like to keep them simple. Too "busy" bases steal the focus out of the miniatures.
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Junkenstein
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Mars 28, 2008, 09:35:56 »

NIce, thatst he army Im probably getting. Grimaçant
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Mars 28, 2008, 09:43:36 »

Vey nice.

This isn't a criticism, more of an observation. So far, all the painted examples I've seen here are pretty much copying the colour shcemes of the box set. Has anyone seen any other ideas? (I'm trying to resist the temptation to paint my djinn blue Sourire )
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Mars 28, 2008, 10:10:30 »

lol ive just finished painting my djinn blue this very morning  Grimaçant

im going for a much darker colour scheme, deep blues, greys and black mainly, i dont want my arabs looking like laurence of arabia in gleaming white robes, there in hell and they have been there for a while, i want em looking dark and brooding.
maksa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Mars 28, 2008, 10:55:11 »

I liked the "official" Sarracen colours, so I didn't find it necessary to invent my own colour scheme.
For me, 75% of painting time is spent on figuring out colours to use. It's a LOT faster to just look at the cards/box art and use those colors exactly. Makes for a more relaxed painting experience, as you can concentrate on the painting itself, and not "waste" time on staring at the mini, trying to picture it with different colour schemes..
Still, if I don't respond to the official colours, I'm going to invent my own. In Starship Troopers I didn't like the green armours, so I painted them blue. And for my 40k Marine army I didn't love any of the official chapter colours, so I created my own chapter.

If you want to see HellDorados painted a bit differently, you should check www.coolminiornot.com .There's a lot of cool new ideas there.

Oh, and here's my miniature gallery, if you want to check out other minis I've painted.
http://figuja.googlepages.com/

AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Mars 28, 2008, 11:14:21 »

Oh, I wasn't criticising; a lot of my armies are copied from the box art Sourire It was just that your models raised the question in my head, that's all.

Bork, if I paint the djinn blue, I'll need to remodel Layla's hair to have 3 bands holding it in a ponytail, replace the panther with a tiger, and give Prince Tarik a magic carpet and a monkey in a fez instead of that eagle Sourire
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Mars 28, 2008, 11:22:18 »

u must at the very least do the monkey in the fez idea, coolness.
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Mars 28, 2008, 11:25:18 »

Well, I know where I can get a baboon with a spear, but it has no fez Triste
Dr.Mercury
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Mars 28, 2008, 12:16:43 »

I know where you can get a monkey with a pistol. A fez should be no big challenge
Invité
« Répondre #9 le: Mars 28, 2008, 17:20:38 »

Vey nice.

This isn't a criticism, more of an observation. So far, all the painted examples I've seen here are pretty much copying the colour shcemes of the box set. Has anyone seen any other ideas? (I'm trying to resist the temptation to paint my djinn blue Sourire )

Sorry, already beat you to it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/blkdymnd/Helldorado/DSCF1442.jpg
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Mars 28, 2008, 18:11:59 »

Has anyone seen any other ideas? (I'm trying to resist the temptation to paint my djinn blue Sourire )
Here are a few from either monthly painting contests or threads in the painting section:
Holy warrior
Blue Jinn
Reddish Jinn
Natural (human) skin tone Jinn

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #11 le: Mars 28, 2008, 20:15:20 »

Vey nice.

I've seen some painted with a blue and white scheme, but I can't seem to find them right now.  They were done by someone with a familiar name from what I remember.  I keep thinking Cheeba actually.
maksa
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #12 le: Mars 30, 2008, 11:04:43 »

http://figuja.googlepages.com/helldoradot-final.jpg/helldoradot-final-full.jpg

Just a small update - just finished my emir, and added him to the image. That miniature was the biggest reason why I chose sarracins as my main faction.
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Mars 30, 2008, 12:01:37 »

yep, he was the reason why a choose the sarracens  as well  but not as main faction  Clin d'oeil
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #14 le: Mars 30, 2008, 20:35:54 »

likewise. love the sculpt. ive started painting my saracens this week, working on my blue djinn right now. my missis spoilt the image a bit when she said it looked like the genie in disneys aladin  Tire la langue
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.