Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  New translated name for The Swarming
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: New translated name for The Swarming  (Lu 5334 fois)
Invité
« le: Avril 06, 2008, 05:27:28 »

According to my box which I got today, the English translation on the box is "Wormpile"  Please adjust your namings accordingly  Sourire
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée
Rogue
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #1 le: Avril 06, 2008, 15:11:13 »

hum, I'm confused, it got worms or it got piles? the sure thing is that we should really see a vet. fast!
jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Avril 06, 2008, 21:56:01 »

I think I've also seen it called The Crawling One.  My girlfriend hates the name Wormpile and is going to stick with the French Le Grouillant because it sounds more elegant to her.

I just finished painting it and was wondering what you guys thought of the tactical options for Wormpile?  It seems like it could disrupt your opponent's plans, and make sure they keep their officer away, but it also doesn't move that quickly.  Your opponent could always respond to your set up or set up their officer where they know it will disrupt your plans, wherever you put Wormpile, because the damage affects friend and foe.

I'll probably field it anyway because it's an awesome model, but am not quite sure if it's worth the points.
Invité
« Répondre #3 le: Avril 07, 2008, 00:50:04 »

I've thought of this too.  It is really slow, but will damage all the way to the officer.  But because it bee-lines for the officer, you can pretty much screen it however you want and it will have to disengage your model and get hit on the way out.  We'll be using it on Tuesday, so I guess I'll see how my buddy uses it against me.
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Avril 07, 2008, 02:32:31 »

I think I've also seen it called The Crawling One.
That's fantization's translation, and they are almost systematically bad since they (apparently) use babelfish. I like the Swarming better than the Wormpile, but I'm not exactly unbiased Clin d'oeil

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Invité
« Répondre #5 le: Avril 07, 2008, 02:47:26 »

I did like The Swarming as well for the record  Sourire
lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Avril 07, 2008, 09:19:48 »

I think that placing  him at the front  of  deployment zone  and  placing  the rest of  the army   as far away  behind as possible. is a good start .

Invité
« Répondre #7 le: Avril 09, 2008, 15:55:06 »

He is going to be very difficult to deal with as I found out last night.  He is board control.  With Invulnerable and Regeneration, you have to commit more than one model at a time against him, so you end up just avoiding him which can be tough as well even with a move of 6 (on a run), he's going to get around ok on the small board.  I didn't think he would be that much until we saw his abilities translated, now he's going to be a pain  Sourire  I'm thinking the alchemist might help in throwing a fire bomb in his path to consume him, not sure if that would do much or not, I need to read into that strategy.  The one good thing is you can steer him a bit, so thats the only advantage.
mzi
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Call it a hamster...

« Répondre #8 le: Avril 10, 2008, 09:37:13 »

Beware: Invulnerable ones are immune to state change (cannot "consume" The Swarming Grimaçant)

Invité
« Répondre #9 le: Avril 10, 2008, 15:46:41 »

Beware: Invulnerable ones are immune to state change (cannot "consume" The Swarming Grimaçant)

well damn  Sourire
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Avril 10, 2008, 16:00:46 »

I modified the name in the translated wave 4 thread. I also added an errata on its 'Inexorable Progression' order that Geof just posted. Namely:
When under the influence of this order, the Wormpile is immune to all effects that could slow down or prevent its movement (Attraction, Entangle,...). The Wormpile may still be affected by effects making it get to its target faster.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Invité
« Répondre #11 le: Avril 10, 2008, 16:27:50 »

Alright, so brainstorms on how to deal with it?  Just avoid it?  I just don't want to divert more than one body in resources to deal with a 20ish point model, but it really makes you keep your attention to it.
jty3
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #12 le: Avril 10, 2008, 16:52:57 »

Thanks for the report blkdymnd.  I hope to use it sometime this coming week.  Seems like it would be great for tying up the enemy as well.  As they try to kill it, it's slowly sapping their life points. 

I'm going to proxy Etruscilla, as my officer, too.  I think her ability to make the battle occur at night will make The Swarming even more powerful. 
Bork
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Avril 10, 2008, 17:17:51 »

the only thing that really springs to mind to me from a demon players point of view is if your using tsilla is to set her up in a place shes safe from harm but away from the enemy and lure him over for a few turns then pop her order and teleport her right accross the table leaving the wormpile stranded and useless, this could also be used to send it on a path directly through the enemies own army aswell.

also what about the glutton demons devouring it? does the wormpiles invurnerable ability stop that happening, i think it would but im not 100%

the grand dammed of wrath could hold it up quite well with his block ability which means the wormpile cant run off. his frenetic ability means he can more than likely wound it twice in two seperate combats sequences in the same turn (only regen one of them) IF block overides the worms "must run after officier" rule, as far as i can see it does as the worm would have to perform a retreat action which isnt viable against the GDoW's block ability. you could essentially just sit there all game chipping away at it, yes you'd take damage but point for point the demon of wrath is only 2AP more than the wormpile and they would effectively cancel each other out leaving you free to use your officier as you want instead of playing chase me chase me over the battlefield.

mzi
Pionniers
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Call it a hamster...

« Répondre #14 le: Avril 10, 2008, 18:33:07 »

also what about the glutton demons devouring it? does the wormpiles invurnerable ability stop that happening, i think it would but im not 100%

you should. One cannot swallow it either. And one cannot block it (recent erratum).

On the French part of the forum current questions about how to deal with the wormpile are asked from its controller point of view... Since there is no known way to alter its moves (beside moving the opponent's officer), and since it is so damn slow, it is more often a burden than a useful mini. As an opponent, remember that even if you don't  move your officer and the wormpiles tries to reach her, it will likely take 4 turns for it to succeed, and to inflict her 3 ridiculous points of damage on turn 5!
« Dernière édition: Avril 10, 2008, 18:34:59 par mzi » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.