Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  Alternate Sculpts (not necessarily Asmodee) for use as Independents and Troopers
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Alternate Sculpts (not necessarily Asmodee) for use as Independents and Troopers  (Lu 6381 fois)
Achilles
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Kill 'em all.

Courriel
« le: Juillet 02, 2008, 21:11:45 »

Hey guys!

I've been going through my dusty miniature boxes looking for figs that I can flesh out my westerners with. For those of you who have been reading my other thread you've heard the woes I've had getting figs to play with as there's no one dealing with Asmodee here in Canada and I've had to go through the US and deal with delays/partially filled orders/etc.

Obviously what I'm looking for is stuff to fill out multiple sculpts. Named Characters, officers and stuff are all too cool (and I've got them all for the most part!).

Particularly... Dopplesoldiers, Grenadiers, Fencers, Missionaries etc.

So here's what I've got so far...

Aiden St James or even an Arquebusier

Fencers

Missionary
?Don't know?

Dopplesoldiers

Grenadiers

?Don't know?

Anyone else have minis previously collecting dust in their collections they're planning on using?
« Dernière édition: Juillet 02, 2008, 21:14:00 par Achilles » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

"C'mon fellas.... we gots to get that oi-.... I mean gold! "

-Overheard just prior to a Westerner raid on a Sarrassin Camp.
Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #1 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 21:26:22 »

Griffin and Alahan won't necessary be usable as-they-come (although this is purely a matter of opinion), but perhaps there are one or two that can be taken straight, otherwise converting them and combining with HD bits would provide interesting results.

I was really inspired from the conversions by Thomas David: http://www.helldorado.fr/figurines/le-tabletop-selon-thomas.php

OT: Out of curiosity, why do the conversions and the masters look like plastic? Does Asm first make resin casts from the original sculpts and after that the metal models from the resin masters? The pisteur's white javelins especially stand out as odd, as they look like they have been added after the casting, but with all the bands on top, how can that be? Is that just a gray sculpting matter asm's sculptors use?
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Achilles
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Kill 'em all.

Courriel
« Répondre #2 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 21:29:29 »

Well all the Fencer models just really need to be re-based (I've got a ton of loose Warmachine bases) and you've got some Brotherhood of the Wolf looking guys right away.

Most of them would really just need some puttied on crosses etc. and you could make use of them almost right outta the packs.

I'm always looking to make the best of my obscenely large miniature collection that sits unpainted. I'll still buy alternate sculpts from Asmodee as they come out, but that doesn't mean I won't want 3 Fencers soonest! Souriant

lapiaz
Indépendant
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #3 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 22:34:51 »

by alll means  if you can proxy  with  those models  go ahead  is an exellent idea ...    and yes the resin come first for the masters  and from there  to metal ...    I have  myself  a resin form one of the Asmodee models  and they look  even better  detail wise
BlasterBonatti
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #4 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 23:18:48 »

What about the scale though? Are Confrontation mini's 25mm? I suppose it'd be easy to overlook on the table but it's something that would really annoy me. I'm tempted to attempt converting a new infernal ambassardor and succubus from the box. But then what would I do with 3 more damned of sloth? Oh, hang on a minute.......
mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #5 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 23:25:32 »

BlasterBonatto has a point. Confrontation models are much larger than Hell Dorado ones.

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #6 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 23:26:05 »

I think the Rackham Duellists make a great sub for the Fencer. 

I`ve been looking through my bits box for a while looking for bits to convert HD stuff.  I doubt I`d use them fully, but theres plenty of bits to add to my Mercs and Westerners.

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Achilles
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Kill 'em all.

Courriel
« Répondre #7 le: Juillet 02, 2008, 23:34:16 »

The Duellists don't have pistols though... the Reavers do.

I'd say they're roughly the same size for the human stuff.

There's LOTS of Drune stuff that would make cool Lost models. Same goes with the Devourers.

Achilles
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Kill 'em all.

Courriel
« Répondre #8 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 02:46:51 »

So I dug through my dead miniatures box and found a couple models I'm going to work into alternates for my Fencer, and a Sister Elise...

I've got nine of these guys for my Lion army (various sculpts)... and considering I've got no interest in CF4 I figured I could spare one for Helldorado. His armament is perfect (as are his sideburns)! I'll likely putty a cross on him or something to Helldorado him up. Maybe a hat...

I forgot I had a Shanys the Shadow and she's right up Sister Elise's alley. I've always wanted to paint her but I don't have a Gryphon army so this totally gives me the excuse to buiild/convert and paint her.

More in the Modelling section later!

Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #9 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 04:51:18 »

In regards to scale, Helldorado scale seems to be significantly smaller than confrontation.  I did the following comparison when I first got my starter.

That said, for a missionary, consider: a Bard of Alahan, Venerable Ambrosius or Saphon the Preacher.

Regards,

Dennis

Achilles
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Kill 'em all.

Courriel
« Répondre #10 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 04:59:42 »

Well; that Fianna model (which I also have) is enormous. She's also standing on a rock. Clin d'oeil

The Alahan models are all pretty much to scale with my Westerners. My alternate Reaver is the same height as my regular fencer.

Shanys is a little large but no noticably so. See my thread in Modelling for pictures. Sourire

That Damned of Anger is really teeny tiny though. Like significantly smaller than even my Westerners!

Silveri
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #11 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 08:44:02 »

That IG model just looks... sad.. really. I mean sculptwise.

Late at night... I can still hear their screams... the tiny, innocent voices that cry "It was not us! It was not our fault! Why did we have to pay for your misgivings?"
...and I try to quieten them... the voices in my head and convince myself that I was right - and the dice had to be burned
Dennis
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #12 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 09:49:11 »

Grimaçant I was hoping the camo work would cover it up.  That said paintwork on it was a little slack too...

But that said HD figures look like they are the same scale as GW which are smaller than Confo.  At least when I compare my figures.  It isn't even really about the height, look at the size of the head, length of the arm etc...

That said, unlike GW both figures have proportions spot on.  Never really understood why things are made in "heroic" scale.

Regards,

Dennis
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #13 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 10:19:45 »

I`ve been looking at ....

Arquebusiers

Succubus

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #14 le: Juillet 03, 2008, 10:43:16 »

Love this Succubus  Choqué

Do you have views from other sides to see if it would be easy to exchange the weapon ?

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Pages: [1] 2 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.