Nouvelles: Bonjour, le forum est en mode "ARCHIVES".
Les fonctionnalités d'envoi de mp ainsi que d'écriture de messages ont étés retirées. Un nouveau forum verra le jour sous peu sous forum.helldorado.fr

Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
+  Les Chiens de Guerre
|-+  English Area
| |-+  Hell Dorado - General Discussion
| | |-+  english translation?
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: english translation?  (Lu 11818 fois)
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #15 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 13:57:20 »

Junkeinstein, you should listen Corto when he said :
Actually cares about Helldorado in the English-speaking world
I can't really tell you more as nothing is official, but I can tell you that things are getting seriously discussed at all levels of the organization.
I share his source and trust me, I am more than optimistic for the future of Hell Dorado in our countries
Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

DARTH-SWEN, Acheteur obsessionnel, Peintre occasionnel
Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
AndrewGPaul
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #16 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 14:24:06 »

Actually, they do.
I can't really tell you more as nothing is official, but I can tell you that things are getting seriously discussed at all levels of the organization.
Watch this space.

Fair enough. My lst post was a little harsh, or at least, didn't say what I wanted it to. I'm not going to bother "watching this space", since I've been watching it since the beginning of the year, and nothing's filled it yet, but I'll buy the wave 6 minis when they eventually come out, and I'll gladly buy a rulebook if I see one in my LGS.

Junkenstein's commentas about the fan translations is unfair - the rulebook has an official translation, and the cards themselves get translated pretty well from what I can see; the only translation issues I've seen are from people insisting on using out-of-date unofficial rulebooks, despite the official one being available.  As anyone familiar with Provateer Press' infamous "list" will know, simply playing a game written in your native toingue is no guarantee of rules set in stone. Sourire

I'm only annoyed by the slipping deadlines; if no-one had said, back in February, that the official translations of the cards would be avbailable in a couple of months, it wouldn't bother me so much. Sourire I'd rather have translations of the setting information than the stats, anyway.
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #17 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 14:31:54 »

I'm only annoyed by the slipping deadlines; if no-one had said, back in February, that the official translations of the cards would be avbailable in a couple of months, it wouldn't bother me so much.
Don't blame Asmodee for that. I accept the responsabilities for this delay as I kept the proofreading documents far too long before I sent it back to Geof...

Now regarding the English recruitment cards they should be available middle of next week... if they are not then you'll have blame Geof this time, not me  Grimaçant

Occidentaux 23/487 (4.7%) - Démons 0/461 (0 %) - Sarrasins 62/484 (12.8 %) - Égares 0/388 (0%) - Mercenaires 147/456 (32.2%)
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

thegoblinking999@hotmail.com
Courriel
« Répondre #18 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 14:56:12 »

I'm only annoyed by the slipping deadlines; if no-one had said, back in February, that the official translations of the cards would be avbailable in a couple of months, it wouldn't bother me so much.
Don't blame Asmodee for that. I accept the responsabilities for this delay as I kept the proofreading documents far too long before I sent it back to Geof...

Now regarding the English recruitment cards they should be available middle of next week... if they are not then you'll have blame Geof this time, not me  Grimaçant

*polishes his axe in preperation*

"A daemonibus docetur, de daemonibus docet, et ad daemones ducit"
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #19 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 15:02:53 »

Come on Budy, we are talking about a French game.

Guillotine is definitively more appropriated  Grimaçant

Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #20 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 15:11:15 »

Come on Budy, we are talking about a French game.

Guillotine is definitively more appropriated  Grimaçant

I don`t know about that.  Not quite personal enough.  We *want* these cards, you know.   Grimaçant

Night Hunter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #21 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 16:46:22 »

Oooh-

Wave 7 cards too??
My Mercenary band will be ever so happy if this is true!  November isn't too far away....
Night Hunter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #22 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 16:49:00 »

And it isn't so much that I need the cards as those who are just learning or younger, etc.. who like to see it in English instead of my- by the way Farouche is Fierce, etc...
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #23 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 16:54:14 »

Oooh-

Wave 7 cards too??
My Mercenary band will be ever so happy if this is true!  November isn't too far away....

Cards of the Wave 7 had been translated, checked and published.

Don't see any reason why they shouldn't be revealed at the same time than the French.
« Dernière édition: Septembre 25, 2008, 17:01:10 par Darth-Swen » Signaler au modérateur   Journalisée

mathieu
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #24 le: Septembre 25, 2008, 19:23:54 »

the only translation issues I've seen are from people insisting on using out-of-date unofficial rulebooks, despite the official one being available.
I'd be interested in knowing about what those "translation issues" are Sourire

[Official] tags indicate unofficial translations of official rulings.
mathieu thérézien, durham, NC
Dogmeat
Officier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #25 le: Septembre 26, 2008, 00:49:32 »

the only translation issues I've seen are from people insisting on using out-of-date unofficial rulebooks, despite the official one being available.
I'd be interested in knowing about what those "translation issues" are Sourire

I don`t know all of them, but I believe one was "Premier Choc" being translated as "First Strike" in the unofficial rules while its "Eager" in the official one.  Had the unfortunate side effect of people thinking it meant you struck first rather than getting your bonus.

Night Hunter
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #26 le: Septembre 30, 2008, 18:33:32 »

I am making some promises to my group on this- told them not to waste color ink printing the unofficial ones- so as it gets closer to "mid-week" in France the anticipation is building!
Darth-Swen
Modérateur
Grand Démon
Hors ligne Hors ligne

DS Delivery' Service

Courriel
« Répondre #27 le: Septembre 30, 2008, 19:26:19 »

I talked to Geof yesterday. He confirmed the cards will be released this week (most certainly on thursday)  Souriant

Mr_Scream
Lémure
Hors ligne Hors ligne

Courriel
« Répondre #28 le: Septembre 30, 2008, 20:08:33 »

WOOOOOTTT!! Finally! I have put off playing so far but this will definitely encourage a session on the weekend. 
Breten
Troupier
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #29 le: Septembre 30, 2008, 21:23:27 »

I gotta say, I'll believe it when I see it.  Considering we were supposedly at most a month away from having it back in April.  Either way I'm already playing the game at this point.  I just want the damn terraformation rules and stuff that we as English players, don't officially have.

I tried tracking Geoff down at GenCon to introduce myslef, but could never find a time when he was around, but I was pretty busy too, so that's a small window of time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Envoyer ce fil Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !
Free SMF Theme by Tamuril. © 2008.